Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship Last 16 !!

Postby Iranu

From what I remember, Judd wasn’t garbage in Shanghai either. Didn’t he play great stuff in the match before he lost to Allen?

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Trump having a MJW season after winning the WC. Won early a ranker but after that he has been garbage.

He's only played 2 tournaments since then. He'll win at least one more this season I'm sure, maybe the UK.

Mark Williams made it clear he was just going through the motions...Judd obviously cares

Agree. Judd tried his hardest, but still came up well short.

Postby Ash147

It looks like Judd has returned to his old habits. I really thought he had turned a corner after last season, and especially the WC. These are the sort of matches he should be putting to bed with ease.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:It looks like Judd has returned to his old habits. I really thought he had turned a corner after last season, and especially the WC. These are the sort of matches he should be putting to bed with ease.

I disagree, I think it’s too early to tell if he’s returned to old habits. He’s played what, three tournaments and won one of them?

Perry has a good record against Judd and I don’t think losing to him changes the fact that he turned a corner last season. I also think Perry’s too good a player to say anybody should dispatch him with ease.

It’s only September, he could still win multiple tournaments this season. He was never going to be a Hendry/Davis-like dominator but he could well end up the most successful player of this season.

Postby hendry_fan

WHAT!!!!!,JUDD GOT BEAT!!!!!!. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well of course,it had to happen sometime,even the GREATS Davis,Hendry,Ronnie,MJW lost shortly after they won there 1st WC,or did they? :chin: ,i have,nt got time to look it up atm. :-)

Since the Worlds this is only his 2nd loss ,so it,s wayyyy too early to acusse him of being back to the normal Trump.

Bitter for Ants,losing 5-4,but well done to Vafaei.

COME ONNNN JOHN!. :-D

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:It looks like Judd has returned to his old habits. I really thought he had turned a corner after last season, and especially the WC. These are the sort of matches he should be putting to bed with ease.

I disagree, I think it’s too early to tell if he’s returned to old habits. He’s played what, three tournaments and won one of them?

Perry has a good record against Judd and I don’t think losing to him changes the fact that he turned a corner last season. I also think Perry’s too good a player to say anybody should dispatch him with ease.

It’s only September, he could still win multiple tournaments this season. He was never going to be a Hendry/Davis-like dominator but he could well end up the most successful player of this season.

Not as if Hendry and Davis did not lose Matches.

Players lose Matches

Postby Wildey

John Higgins opened up with a 106 had a 82 in frame 3 to lead 3-0 now hes 4-3 down against Kurt Maflin

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:Higgins loses 5-3 from 3-0 up.

Its sad what decline can do. The last time I've seen Higgins play at his peak and destroy his opponents must be ages ago. Everytime I see him play now he's struggling to even make 50's.

Postby hendry_fan

TheRocket wrote:

Its sad what decline can do. The last time I've seen Higgins play at his peak and destroy his opponents must be ages ago. Everytime I see him play now he's struggling to even make 50's.

Aye,was thinkin the same just the other day.I canny even remember the last time he played Peak,A+ snooker and really destroyed an Opponent.

Even when i looked at the live scoreing and saw he knocked in a *106* in the very 1st frame,i thought,Wow!,he,s finaly made a century again,rarely makes em these days.

When i saw Jhe went 3-0 up,i thought,it,s gonna be tattie bye Kurt soon.Ah,well,fair Play to Kurt.

Even though Selby won 5-2,he,s back his normal self again,he only knocked in two 50+ breaks. ;-) :-D

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:

yeah. but he is the three times defending runner up of the WC hehe

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

yeah. but he is the three times defending runner up of the WC hehe

yes. it shows that even when well past your prime you can still do damage at the World Championship. But at the same time thats what cost him the finals.

I'm pretty sure prime Higgins would have won the 2017 and 2018 World Championship. This year he had no chance though.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:

Judd should have played better and now his fifteen match ranking winning streak stretching back six months has come to an end.

Notice how the Judd fans take it on the chin and try to learn so improve your own behaviour.

I suppose what we should be saying is:

He was ill / fatigued / bi-polar / unlucky /not up for it / not trying / cheated.... (delete as appropriate).

But no - we rise above that type of thing.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Judd should have played better and now his fifteen match ranking winning streak stretching back six months has come to an end.

Notice how the Judd fans take it on the chin and try to learn so improve your own behaviour.

He was ill / fatigued / bi-polar / unlucky /not up for it / not trying / cheated.... (delete as appropriate).

Yeah Judd fans rule

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8913

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah Judd fans rule

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8913

rofl