Post a reply

Re: SangSom 6 Reds World Championship !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:I Find this a pointless tournament what does it prove. your the best in the World at winning a Part frame event.

The Money on offer is far from Pointless though with over £100,000 going to the winner so theres money in Thailand for a tournament so put on a proper tournament.

£100,000 for snooker's equivalent of pitch 'n' putt?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Six reds is hugely popular in our club.
I don't play it but it pulls the punters ' in.

Like favouring safe sex over going bareback.

Maybe PB - maybe.

All I know is that the Sunday comp was dying but when it went to six reds it pulled 'em in.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Maybe PB - maybe.

All I know is that the Sunday comp was dying but when it went to six reds it pulled 'em in.

Im sure its Popular at that level where you can play more frames in less time But At Professional Level WHY?

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Maybe PB - maybe.

I find that very dehornifying.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Maybe PB - maybe.

Im sure its Popular at that level where you can play more frames in less time But At Professional Level WHY?

Just quicker I suppose.

Don't get me wrong - I like a good fifteen reds on the table.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Maybe PB - maybe.

Just quicker I suppose.

Don't get me wrong - I like a good fifteen reds on the table.

If anything we should be looking to increase the number of reds, perhaps to 21. Or maybe a diamond would be nice? Say, 25 reds?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:Hollow title without Mark Davis involved. That guy is shit-hot at six-reds snooker. And no, I am not taking the snake hiss for once.

There is something in it PB,

The art of making 50 odd breaks is a different game to 70 odd breaks.

Although I now support Georgiou I will concede that Mark Davis is bucking boss at 6 reds

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Hollow title without Mark Davis involved. That guy is shit-hot at six-reds snooker. And no, I am not taking the snake hiss for once.

There is something in it PB,

The art of making 50 odd breaks is a different game to 70 odd breaks.

Although I now support Georgiou I will concede that Mark Davis is bucking boss at 6 reds

I was at the six-reds World Championship when it was in Ireland about 10 years ago, and when I was there, I picked out Mark Davis as the most likely winner. It was still a shot in the dark, don't get me wrong, but I felt he was the man to watch.

Before I went there, it never entered my mind there'd be a knack to it. But there bucking is, and Davis is a different best when there's less problem-solving involved. Not that he's bad at 15 reds, he isn't, but he's shit-hot at six reds.

He ended up winning that tournament, and he's won it twice more since.

Postby HappyCamper

I don't see what's wrong with having some shorter format events.

Other sports have them: Rugby has tens and sevens, Cricket has 20twenty, and so on.

If it can help develop or promote new markets and lead to growth in the fifteen red game then surely it's a good thing.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HappyCamper wrote:I don't see what's wrong with having some shorter format events.

Other sports have them: Rugby has tens and sevens, Cricket has 20twenty, and so on.

If it can help develop or promote new markets and lead to growth in the fifteen red game then surely it's a good thing.

Women not mentioned. :NO:

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:I don't see what's wrong with having some shorter format events.

Caster Semenya

Postby SnookerFan

The only time I saw any Six Reds was when it was on proper TV a few years ago.

I remember vaguely enjoying. Obviously not as much as proper snooker, but I didn't hate it.

It feels closer to pool.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Bungke

Postby GeF

GeF wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Does that mean that Reanne is in the CoC?

Yes. Unless Barry changes the rules again and organize a play-off between Reanne and Jimmy.

Jimmy next in, then Mark Williams.

I've made a mistake. She's not in yet. Have to wait for Ronnie winning Shanghai.

Postby SnookerFan

GeF wrote:
GeF wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Does that mean that Reanne is in the CoC?

Yes. Unless Barry changes the rules again and organize a play-off between Reanne and Jimmy.

Jimmy next in, then Mark Williams.

I've made a mistake. She's not in yet. Have to wait for Ronnie winning Shanghai.

BUNGKE!

Postby Dan-cat

TWITTER ATTACK

@clusterofreds

A very topsy-turvy final so far in the #SixRedWorldChampionship.

Stephen Maguire led 3-0, then John Higgins reeled in four frames in a row to take the lead at 4-3. Maguire just took the eighth frame and it's all square at 4-4

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK

@clusterofreds

A very topsy-turvy final so far in the #SixRedWorldChampionship.

Stephen Maguire led 3-0, then John Higgins reeled in four frames in a row to take the lead at 4-3. Maguire just took the eighth frame and it's all square at 4-4

DRAMA!

Postby Andre147

Maguire is 6 reds World Champion!

Congrats on him, hopefully he builds confidence for future events with proper snooker format.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Maguire, the new Mark Davis.

Well he hasnt won 6 reds 3 times like Mavis did, so he still has a long way to go to be the 6 reds King.