Post a reply

Evergrande China Championship Qualifiers !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Thursday 15th- Sunday 18th of August at Barnsley Metrodome, Barnsley

The China Championship in it 4th year and 3rd as a Ranking Tournament Mark Selby lifted the title last year beating John Higgins in a close final 10-9.

Matches featuring Mark Selby, Ding Junhui, Yan Bingtao and World champion Judd Trump will be carried forward to china in September but for most the journey starts in Barnsley this Week and with Ronnie O'Sullivan the only Main Tour player to not enter its packed with quality and one of the few times Q School top up players has no places in the draw.

Who will book their place in the Main Draw?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches
Lu Ning v Igor Figueiredo
Allister Carter v Alexander Ursenbacher
Chris Wakelin v Lee Walker
Peter Ebdon v Sam Baird
Barry Hawkins v Barry Pinches
John Higgins v Andy Hicks
Robert Milkins v Sam Craigie
Stuart Bingham v Jordan Brown
Graeme Dott v Jackson Page
Kurt Maflin v Billy Joe Castle
Michael White v Joe O'Connor
Ryan Day v Duane Jones
Shaun Murphy v Fan Zhengyi
Matthew Selt v Kacper Filipiak
Neil Robertson v Gerard Greene
Mark J Williams v Andy Lee
Luca Brecel v Zhang Anda
Alan McManus v Tian Pengfei
Gary Wilson v Jak Jones
Mark Joyce v Elliot Slessor
Jimmy Robertson v Dominic Dale
Marco Fu v James Cahill
David Gilbert v Peter Lines
Mark Allen v Eden Sharav
Kyren Wilson v Jamie Clarke
Hossein Vafaei v Jimmy White
Jack Lisowski v Oliver Lines
Joe Perry v Alfie Burden
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Soheil Vahedi

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Evergrande China Championship Qualifiers !!

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:Wild's favourite tournament of last season.

did not say that there was others that toped it.

what i said and i quote for the umpteenth time so that a few dunces might actually get it eventually.

I Dont care one bit about the quality of snooker played whats important for me is that the standard between both players are equal i find it boring seeing one player run away with a match even if there was 4 147s made.

i saw 4 frames of the Semi finals and zero of the final over the weekend by the time i had any time to watch they were over ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The calendar doesn’t seem so packed these days

I know.

And here's me away the one weekend there's some snooker on.

Casual fan.

BUUUURRRRRNNNEEEEEED

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Wouldn't you prefer it to be close AND high standard?

depends its very monotonous exchanging centuries all the time but if i had a choice id take last years nerve tangling final over one chance breakbuilding any day.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Wouldn't you prefer it to be close AND high standard?

depends its very monotonous exchanging centuries all the time but if i had a choice id take last years nerve tangling final over one chance breakbuilding any day.

It's true ivve seen thousands of tons. Drama is where it's at.

Postby Iranu

For me the perfect match would be something like three big-break frames for every one scrappy/safety dominated one to start with, then increasing to a 1:1 ratio once you get to the last few frames.

Nothing better than a nerve-jangling final frame decider with balls missed left, right and centre. But for it to become a great final I think there needs to be a lot of high quality beforehand (that doesn’t have to be just big breaks of course, long safety exchanges can still be high quality).

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:For me the perfect match would be something like three big-break frames for every one scrappy/safety dominated one to start with, then increasing to a 1:1 ratio once you get to the last few frames.

Nothing better than a nerve-jangling final frame decider with balls missed left, right and centre. But for it to become a great final I think there needs to be a lot of high quality beforehand (that doesn’t have to be just big breaks of course, long safety exchanges can still be high quality).

That's the thing.

I said high quality, not high breaks. They're not necessarily the same thing.

If Bill and Dave from down the pub played a ranking event final, you might not know who'd win to the very end. Doesn't necessarily mean it's worth watching. If every time they tried to break off, the cue ball flew off the table and it took them an hour in each frame before one of them had played a shot that wasn't a foul, you wouldn't say it was a match that was worth watching.

Postby Ash147

There's nothing wrong with long safety battles, as long as the quality is good and the players are trying to make things happen. I've seen some truly awful long safety battles, where both players are being really negative and badly misjudging the safeties.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:For me the perfect match would be something like three big-break frames for every one scrappy/safety dominated one to start with, then increasing to a 1:1 ratio once you get to the last few frames.

That's the thing.

If Bill and Dave from down the pub played a ranking event final, you might not know who'd win to the very end. Doesn't necessarily mean it's worth watching. If every time they tried to break off, the cue ball flew off the table and it took them an hour in each frame before one of them had played a shot that wasn't a foul, you wouldn't say it was a match that was worth watching.

you know what to even suggest the quality of last years final was that bad is highly wrong.

there were mistakes but for me mistakes makes matches exciting. perfection is boring plain and simple.

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

That's the thing.

you know what to even suggest the quality of last years final was that bad is highly wrong.

there were mistakes but for me mistakes makes matches exciting. perfection is boring plain and simple.

The odd mistake can make a match interesting, but when it's filled with them it just isn't good viewing. I don't understand how you can say perfection is boring though. For me, there's nothing better than watching Ronnie and Judd at their absolute peaks, playing no miss snooker. It really is a sight to behold, and most people would agree with that.

Postby Wildey

No miss Snooker has no excitement at all.

that doesn't mean you cant enjoy it because i do like it sometimes but its not exciting how can it be if a player is playing well you expect the frame to be over as soon as they in.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:you know what to even suggest the quality of last years final was that bad is highly wrong.

No, no. I'm not saying it was that bad.

I was just making the point that when I said high quality, I didn't necessarily just mean big breaks.

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:No miss Snooker has no excitement at all.

that doesn't mean you cant enjoy it because i do like it sometimes but its not exciting how can it be if a player is playing well you expect the frame to be over as soon as they in.

I completely disagree. I found this years World Championship final to be the most exciting one I've seen. Judd had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish, and I was in awe at the way he was playing. Compare that to the finals that Selby has played in, where I was bored out of my brains and just wanted it to end.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:How could you be bored by Selby's finals??

Which one(s)?

2017 was amazing

2014 and 2016 were really bad. I didn't mind 2017 as much, but it's still one of my least favourite World Finals.

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:

I completely disagree. I found this years World Championship final to be the most exciting one I've seen. Judd had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish, and I was in awe at the way he was playing. Compare that to the finals that Selby has played in, where I was bored out of my brains and just wanted it to end.

You have absolutely NO understanding of Snooker and the subtleties of great play all you want is Potting

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

That’s because you’re a huge Judd fan though.

I think also with this year there was an excitement for the game of snooker itself too, with a younger player finally making the ultimate breakthrough.

The match itself was awe-inspiring but nowhere near as exciting (give or take a few frames like the maxi attempts) as 2018 for example, which I still think is the best world final I’ve personally seen.

Postby Wildey

and for the record i did not find this years Final in any way shape or form exciting or enjoyable apart from the fact Judd won it.

having the final finished after 3 evening frames was hardly great was it.