Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Quarter Finals

Postby D4P

sigsky wrote:I assume someone has mentioned it but no spectators for Murphy/Dott? I know its China, but this is embarrassing.

I don't understand why the Chinese sponsors are willing to pay so much money for these events, when so few people come out to watch them...

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
sigsky wrote:I assume someone has mentioned it but no spectators for Murphy/Dott? I know its China, but this is embarrassing.

I don't understand why the Chinese sponsors are willing to pay so much money for these events, when so few people come out to watch them...

Because the many, many millions that'll watch in China on TV.

100-odd million people watch it when it's over here, which is an unsociable time for them. How many watch when it's on their time zone?

Postby Iranu

Gutted for Ding. Could only watch patches but he didn’t seem to play that well (although neither did Allen really).

Still, a QF in his first tournament.

How depressing that that’s considered a bit of an improvement.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:Foulds criticising Murphy for commentating in-between sessions at the WC. rofl

I think it shows where Murphy's priorities lies.

To be brutally honest, Murphy strikes me as the sort of person who got into snooker as a stepping stone to doing snooker commentary. I don't think he wanted to play the sport that badly. Just commentate on it.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Foulds criticising Murphy for commentating in-between sessions at the WC. rofl

I think it shows where Murphy's priorities lies.

To be brutally honest, Murphy strikes me as the sort of person who got into snooker as a stepping stone to doing snooker commentary. I don't think he wanted to play the sport that badly. Just commentate on it.

He might have just realised his limit. He's very good at one aspect of the game and can't adapt. Robbo and Trump became good all-round players, when he tries the tactical side he's never that good. He may as well get into commentary now as it's a good retirement plan, he's won all the big trophies anyway.

Postby hendry_fan

Iranu wrote:Dingcline

<laugh>

Thats 2 beauties i,ve read tday.

Your Dingcline and LC,s "The Dulby". rofl

I was,nt amused when the Wee man lost the 9th frame though.

I did,nt see any of the match,but i had a peep at the live scoring,one of the peeps was during the 9th frame,i saw that Smurph could snatch it by 1 pt,a BIG sigh came from me when he actually bl**dy managed to do it. >-(

I did,nt expect Dott to beat him anyway,but he might of,had,nt he of lost that bl**dy 9th frame.

I thought Allen would beat Ding,he only knocked in three 50+ers today,but he won,thats what counts the most.

What a respotted black that was in the first frame,Ding had about 3,4 chances to pot it,not only that,he kept gettin away with it,until he finaly gave Mark his first real chance to pot it,by leaving it plum over the middle bag. :-)