Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 16 !!

Postby SnookerFan

Opened my Facebook App when sat on the bog at work. Saw that Judd was World Number 1. So I know he's won. <doh>

That's the result spoiled if I watch that match.

Hoping to catch one of the afternoon matches anyway. Am Tivo-ing both.

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:Murphy's safety has got a bit better I think. I never understood why he didn't just learn that side of the game properly like Ronnie did when he was younger with Ray. Maybe he's been brushing up.

2 all

I think he practices with verbal O'Brien now that he's moved to Ireland. That's gotta help.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Gilbert genuinely must be in the Top3 of the biggest bottlers we've ever had in Snooker. There's no sign of improvement either.

You can just see from the look on his face how tense he is when the finishing line comes close. Its just hilarious. Even Ryan Day is a much better player under pressure . At least he's won some deciders with big breaks and in a impressive fashion.

I'm hoping for a Trump-Selby semifinal now.

Gilbert is by far and away the biggest bottler in the game right now. The only player in the modern game that I can think of who's worse is Matthew Stevens, but it's close. At least Stevens actually won something, Gilbert never will.

Gilbert might still win a ranking event, but he'll never be as good as Stevens was, and he's not exactly that young either.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I watched all of Trumps matches this week.

He's undoubtely in his prime now. And it looks like he won't ease up with practice after winning the World Championship. He's one of the two biggest stars we have in Snooker.

He definately is. Being now in his prime, he needs to make the most of it. He wasted too long between 2011 and 2019 to win big titles, so now that he's done so I believe he will push on.

Postby D4P

Can someone please explain why Trump has moved to WN1? If you look back at the 2017 International Championship results, Ronnie only won 4,000 Ranking Points whereas Judd won 21,500.

Shouldn't that mean that Judd is losing 17,500 more points than Ronnie this week from the 2017 Rankings, which would mean that Judd would have to win those 17,500 + the 30,000 that he currently trails Ronnie in the rankings in order to be WN1...?

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Let it go D4P

Seriously, just trying to understand how the rankings work. I don't begrudge Judd moving past a 43-year old part-time player.

Going into the event, I thought that Judd would have to make it to the final to move to WN1, because of the ranking points from 2017 that would be dropping off. But it sounds like they're not dropping off after all, which I don't understand...

Postby Alex0paul

D4P wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Let it go D4P

Seriously, just trying to understand how the rankings work. I don't begrudge Judd moving past a 43-year old part-time player.

Going into the event, I thought that Judd would have to make it to the final to move to WN1, because of the ranking points from 2017 that would be dropping off. But it sounds like they're not dropping off after all, which I don't understand...

The IC points aren’t off from that period yet but the China Championship ones are hence why Brecel has fallen swiftly

Postby HappyCamper

D4P wrote:Can someone please explain why Trump has moved to WN1? If you look back at the 2017 International Championship results, Ronnie only won 4,000 Ranking Points whereas Judd won 21,500.

Shouldn't that mean that Judd is losing 17,500 more points than Ronnie this week from the 2017 Rankings, which would mean that Judd would have to win those 17,500 + the 30,000 that he currently trails Ronnie in the rankings in order to be WN1...?

The 2017 International Champ took place in November. So the points from then won't come off until after the World Open later this year.

It's just the 2017 China Championship that are dropping off this revision. So O'Sullivan is loosing more than Trump IIRC.