Post a reply

World Snooker International Championship Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 4th- Sunday 11th of August at the Baihu Filming Base, Daqing, China

The only world champion to not make it through the last 32 was Stuart Bingham and thats because he was playing 2006 World Champion Graeme Dott.

The last 16 is full of quality with 11 of them already won a ranking tournament.

Without a doubt Jak Jones is the surprise package and having a great start to the season by his standards having doubled his last 16 appearances already this season in only 2 tournaments.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16
Mark Allen v Ali Carter Allen leads 10-9
Ding Junhui v Liang Wenbo Liang Wenbo leads 4-3
John Higgins v Graeme Dott Higgins leads 19-7
Shaun Murphy v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 22-11
-------------------------------------------------------
Jak Jones v Gary Wilson Wilson leads 2-0
David Gilbert v Mark Selby Selby leads 5-3
Tom Ford v Andrew Higginson Higginson leads 5-3
Joe Perry v Judd Trump Trump leads 10-5

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 16 !!

Postby hendry_fan

Awww FFS!.

John Haggis has to Play the Wee man. >-(

A few intresting matches tomorrow. <cool>

Gilbert v Selbo

Allen v Carter

Murphy v Robbo.

And i,ll chuck in the Ding v Linag match as well.

Postby Wildey

Brilliant line up of matches i dont think you could say in any of the matches theres a run away faverite. Possibly Gary Wilson to beat Jak Jones.

Postby Wildey

Selby's biggest problem is what happeed to Hendry.

Hes not able to get in with a long pot at the moment scoring wise he still can do it and of course he will scrap for everything but its a massive thing potting from distance and clear up.

Postby Wildey

Its great to see Judd's mantle of World Champion sitting comfterbly with him.

i for one thought like in the past he would strugle with it but hes playing like a World Champion.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Its great to see Judd's mantle of World Champion sitting comfterbly with him.

i for one thought like in the past he would strugle with it but hes playing like a World Champion.

He's not faced anyone worthy of the challenge yet.

I bet he wishes he could play the likes of Joe Perry, Scott Donaldson and Zhang Anda every day of the week lol.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Its great to see Judd's mantle of World Champion sitting comfterbly with him.

I bet he wishes he could play the likes of Joe Perry, Scott Donaldson and Zhang Anda every day of the week lol.

you dont understand Snooker do you?

you cant jump on the table to kick the balls away from his cue or put your hand in the pocket its one man vs the table.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

you cant jump on the table to kick the balls away from his cue or put your hand in the pocket its one man vs the table.

That’s very harsh. I haven’t watched every frame of Judd’s matches but I’ve seen quite a bit of them and from what I have seen he’s struggled when frames have gone close and would have been punished by stronger opponents. He should have been taken to a decider by Donaldson for example who wasted a holden chance. Although that’s probably down to rustiness after a well-earned break.

To suggest that the opponent is irrelevant is just silly. Especially when you yourself have talked about what an achievement it was to beat Higgins of all people in the world final. If the opponent didn’t matter, it being Higgins wouldn’t make a difference.

It will be interesting to see how he copes when he can’t play the underdog against top players as he’s said previously he prefers.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

This is all true. I'm just saying let's not get carried away too quickly, he's only played half an event. It's far too early to tell how the tag of World Champion is resting on his shoulders. Especially as he's only faced a bunch of journeymen so far, who are incapable of putting any pressure on him.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

That’s very harsh. I haven’t watched every frame of Judd’s matches but I’ve seen quite a bit of them and from what I have seen he’s struggled when frames have gone close and would have been punished by stronger opponents. He should have been taken to a decider by Donaldson for example who wasted a holden chance. Although that’s probably down to rustiness after a well-earned break.

To suggest that the opponent is irrelevant is just silly. Especially when you yourself have talked about what an achievement it was to beat Higgins of all people in the world final. If the opponent didn’t matter, it being Higgins wouldn’t make a difference.

It will be interesting to see how he copes when he can’t play the underdog against top players as he’s said previously he prefers.

Judd Record against better players is arguarly better than against lesser players so if he puts in Solid performances against players he should beat that bodes extreamly well this season.