Post a reply

Re: WS International Championship Last 64 and Heldover Match

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:Now that Ronnie has decided not to play much this season, the door is open for Judd to take over as nominal WN1.

Fair point I suppose.

Ronnie really sent Judd a message last season.rofl

At the Tour Champs he definately did!
Wasn't that the one Judd should have won??

Anyway, Judd smashed him in the Masters

He neither should or shouldn't, Trump didnt win that match, he lost it from 6-2 up on the last black. Deal with it!

And ROS has had many important victories against him in case you didnt know.

Postby Andre147

And for the record that Masters Final... got over it the minute it ended. Trump was awesome, end of story.

ROS has smashed him up in the past too, and besides that Tour Champs win, he also had that crazy 2014 UK Final, if he'd lost that it would indeed have been devastating, but he didnt and won.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Please don't take such an aggressive tone Andre.

My comments were meant in a friendly spirit.

Ok then.

But sometimes I'm sick of the fact just because Trump smashed him in a big match, suddenly Ronnie becomes his bunny... which couldn't be further from the truth, in fact their h2h is very evenly matched.

But if in the future Trump starts getting more and more wins against him, its only natural, Trump is in his prime, whereas Ronnie is far from it and an old man compared to him.

Postby Ace

I have to agree with Andre. My dad (Ronnie fan) said to me today to enjoy Judd while it lasts because the difference in age between Ronnie and Judd is the same difference between Ronnie and Jimmy White.

When reality hits you so bucking hard.

See this is why I need players around Judd's age to start becoming all-time greats.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Please don't take such an aggressive tone Andre.

My comments were meant in a friendly spirit.

Ok then.

But sometimes I'm sick of the fact just because Trump smashed him in a big match, suddenly Ronnie becomes his bunny... which couldn't be further from the truth, in fact their h2h is very evenly matched.

But if in the future Trump starts getting more and more wins against him, its only natural, Trump is in his prime, whereas Ronnie is far from it and an old man compared to him.

Fair enough Andre - no hard feelings old chap.

That is what a forum is for - if we all agreed then it would be dull.

Postby Andre147

Just watched a very rare situation in the Higgins v Wu Yize match...

Score 4-3, Wu has a free ball with a red on the table. He nominates pink, misses it and the pink ends up snookering the red. The ref correctly called Foul 4 and Freeball, but he failed to explain Higgins the rule.

Jan Verhaas is on a video on YT in WS page explaining this rule. But the ref was spot on, but his English was poor and Higgins couldnt underatand. Its rare situation but as you can see even the top players dont know all the rules.