Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby Acé

If Judd won this I won't consider this as a ranking event win, so he'll still be on 5 for the season

to me a ranking event has to have a multi-session final. these tournaments are too cheap for a ranking event. They're just PTCs how Barry Hearn can't see that is shocking

Hearn made big mistakes of turning the Shoot-Out and PTC's into ranking events, nothing was wrong with PTC's, they were small tournaments that still gave you ranking points while the proper ranking events existed across the tour

Postby Acé

Is Gibraltar Open more worthy than Ronnie winning the Shanghai Masters or Bingham winning the Masters?

Look at the Shoout-out for example Bingham won the Masters but couldn't qualify for any of the ITV events how is that fair?, Ronnie won the Shanghai which offers £200k and 2 multi-session matches and it was only 2 years ago it was a ranking event but couldn't qualify but if you win the Shoot-Out a "ranking event", someone like Holt qualifies

Is that fair to anyone?

We're basically supposed to be forced into thinking Holt deserves it more than Ronnie/Bingham

There needs to be some form of common sense and consistency across the TOUR

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:Is Gibraltar Open more worthy than Ronnie winning the Shanghai Masters or Bingham winning the Masters?

Look at the Shoout-out for example Bingham won the Masters but couldn't qualify for any of the ITV events how is that fair?, Ronnie won the Shanghai which offers £200k and 2 multi-session matches and it was only 2 years ago it was a ranking event but couldn't qualify but if you win the Shoot-Out a "ranking event", someone like Holt qualifies

Is that fair to anyone?

We're basically supposed to be forced into thinking Holt deserves it more than Ronnie/Bingham

There needs to be some form of common sense and consistency across the TOUR

I see your point but I enjoyed seeing Ronnie fan boys cry (not on this forum) as I only joined end of February.

Postby Dan-cat

The £150k bonus is for the European series. Robertson is leading the series rankings on £115,000, with second placed Trump on £80,000. So Trump would need to win this tournament (£50k) now that Robbo has withdrawn, for a cool £200k.

Doesn't look so strange that's he's playing it now does it?

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:Dessie Sheehan wins AGAIN.

There's life in a 70 year old after all.

Plays Paggett next.

Rory McLeod marches into R4 - still hasn't dropped a frame (got a bye this time)

Postby Wildey

carayip wrote:Higgins also withdrew

With Higgins withdrawal the Tour Championship Draw looks like this

Judd Trump v Mark Allen, John Higgins or Mark Williams
Neil Robertson v Ding Junhui
Mark Selby v Yan Bingtao
Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen, Thepchaia Un-Nooh, Kyren Wilson or Joe Perry

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Dessie Sheehan wins AGAIN.

There's life in a 70 year old after all.

Plays Paggett next.

Rory McLeod marches into R4 - still hasn't dropped a frame (got a bye this time)

Good Young Dylan Craig hasnae dropped a frame neither. :happy:

Today he whitewashed Nick Jennings,then Callum Lloyd. :clap: :happy: :happy:

He now has the privelage of playin Rod the plod. :roll: :mental:

Postby SnookerFan

Typical.

I made plans this afternoon because I thought Eurosport didn't have much planned this afternoon. Turns out they've lengthened TV coverage.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Typical.

I made plans this afternoon because I thought Eurosport didn't have much planned this afternoon. Turns out they've lengthened TV coverage.

Cancel your plans. Snooker comes first.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:At 8:05, Eurosport 2 are showing classic 147s.

By classic, I mean Noppon's one at the 2019 Welsh Open.

Now they're showing a Barry Hawkins interview.

Postby rekoons

SnookerFan wrote:Barry Hawkins is a good lad, to be fair.

"one of the nicest persons you'd ever wish to meet" to quote a commentator