Post a reply

BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 11th ~ Sunday 15th of March at the Europa Sports Complex, Gibralta

Last year only 7 top 16 players entering this event with World no 7 at the time Kyren Wilson the highest rank player this year 13 have entered including World no 1 and World Champion Judd Trump.

This Year the World no 7 Ronnie O'Sullivan is not there along with Ding Junhui and Shaun Murphy.

Stuart Bingham is Defending his title although he is the Masters Champion he hasent reached a ranking final since then beating Defending Champion Ryan Day in the final.

Ryan Day has had a disastrous season that seen him drop to 31st that has seen him reach just 1 last 32 winning just 13 matches all season 4 of them in the Championship league.

Can Ryan turn it around this week, Can Stuart successfully defend his title and Who will win the BetVictor series and pick up £150,000 Neil Robertson or Judd Trump?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches

Stuart Bingham v Gerard Greene
Nigel Bond v Barry Pinches
Anthony Hamilton v Ben Woollaston
Gary Wilson v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Chris Wakelin v Jimmy White
Luca Brecel v Ken Doherty
Kyren Wilson v Si Jiahui
Mark Selby v Noppon Saengkham
Stephen Maguire v Duane Jones
Oliver Lines v Robbie Williams
Yaan Bingtao v Tian Pengfei
Kishan Hiraani v Zhou Yuelong
Mark Williams v Kacper Filipiak
Jimmy Robertson v Ricky Walden
Craig Steadman v Michael White
Michael Georgiou v Tom Ford
Kurt Maflin v Hossein Vafaei
Jack Lisowski v Jordan Brown
Xiao Guodong v Robert Milkins
John Higgins v Lu Ning
Mark Allen v Michael Holt
Dominic Dale v Jackson Page
Liang Wenbo v James Cahill
Daniel Wells v Graeme Dott
Igor Figueiredo v Matthew Selt
Judd Trump v Lee Prickman


ORDER OF PLAY

Image

Image

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:Oooh, another Higgins vs Lu Ning matchup, third of the season. Their match in the World Open was brilliant, a real tense affair.


Image

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

Nice one WIldey :-)

Whoop! More snooker!! Although a minor BO7 tournament, there are loads of subplots in this one. Love it.

- who will win the European Series £150k bonus? Trump or Robbo? Looking very likely to be Robbo, unless he crashes out early and Trump wins

- The Race to the Tour Championship
As mentioned before, only the eight players with the most ranking points this season can enter. Most players have already qualified for Llandudno on the 17th March. Even Yan Bingtao is safe. Currently ranked 6th on the one-year list, he is on £206,500. Mark Allen (£165,500) and John Higgins (£165,500), who are 7th and 8th respectively, are unable to both overtake Yan, so the young Chinaman is safely through.

- The race to the Crucible
Just £12,750 separates 15th seed Barry Hawkins and 18th seed Ali Carter, according to the latest provisional seedings. 16th seed Yan Bingtao has the significant advantage for qualifying for the Tour Championship, but for Hawkins, Carter and 17th seed Joe Perry, a good run is vital if they want to automatically qualify for the Crucible. 19th Gary Wilson could also do this, in the unlikely circumstance that Wilson wins the title while everyone else loses very early on in the next two tournaments.

- The Race for Tour Survival

Full article here: https://clusterofreds.com/2020/03/04/pr ... ltar-open/

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Nice one WIldey :-)

Whoop! More snooker!! Although a minor BO7 tournament, there are loads of subplots in this one. Love it.

- who will win the European Series £150k bonus? Trump or Robbo? Looking very likely to be Robbo, unless he crashes out early and Trump wins

- The Race to the Tour Championship
As mentioned before, only the eight players with the most ranking points this season can enter. Most players have already qualified for Llandudno on the 17th March. Even Yan Bingtao is safe. Currently ranked 6th on the one-year list, he is on £206,500. Mark Allen (£165,500) and John Higgins (£165,500), who are 7th and 8th respectively, are unable to both overtake Yan, so the young Chinaman is safely through.

- The race to the Crucible
Just £12,750 separates 15th seed Barry Hawkins and 18th seed Ali Carter, according to the latest provisional seedings. 16th seed Yan Bingtao has the significant advantage for qualifying for the Tour Championship, but for Hawkins, Carter and 17th seed Joe Perry, a good run is vital if they want to automatically qualify for the Crucible. 19th Gary Wilson could also do this, in the unlikely circumstance that Wilson wins the title while everyone else loses very early on in the next two tournaments.

- The Race for Tour Survival

Full article here: https://clusterofreds.com/2020/03/04/pr ... ltar-open/

Robbo and Trump are in the same half of the draw if they meet in the semi finals and Judd Wins Robbo will be on £121,000 and Judd will have a chance to win the tournament and if he wins the tournament Judd will be on £130,000.

The scenario is simple for Judd Win the tournament and pick up £200,000 any other result if Robbo loses in the first Round and Judd Reaches the final and loses the £150,000 is Robbo's.

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby Alex0paul

D4P wrote:
Wildey wrote:Can Ryan turn it around this week


Will it be Ryan's week...?


It’s not been his day or month or year

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
D4P wrote:
Wildey wrote:Can Ryan turn it around this week


Will it be Ryan's week...?


It’s not been his day or month or year


rofl

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby vodkadiet1

Is this definitely going ahead as scheduled?

Has Hearn made an announcement as yet? Has he even consulted the Chief Medical Officer in The UK or The Hospital Managers at Gibraltar General?

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby Juddernaut88

I've never really liked the scheduling of the Gibraltar Open, it reminds me so much of the PTC European events.

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby csprince

McManusFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
McManusFan wrote:No Alan McManus. I wonder why.

Where Angles fears to tread??


Foulds rushes in.

damm i wish i'd thought of that. :hatoff:

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:I've never really liked the scheduling of the Gibraltar Open, it reminds me so much of the PTC European events.


Format is the same as the old PTCs yes, but it's regarded as a ranking event, Riga Masters has a similar format too.

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I've never really liked the scheduling of the Gibraltar Open, it reminds me so much of the PTC European events.


That's essentially what it is.

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Sauce321 wrote:39 15:00 Gee Crawley v Barry Stark

How can Barry Stark be playing since he’s not on the tour?


Don't they let amateurs play in this?