Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Final !!!!!

Postby vodkadiet1

Trump was superb today. Robbo was lucky to win 6 frames. The match winning break from Trump was something only Trump was capable of.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:The Germans laid on a great tournament there

German efficiency cannot be beaten.

Two world wars beg to differ.

To be fair to Germany, they did take on the rest of the world! Not great odds and they did make quite a fist of it :-D

They did have allies.

Postby Wildey

After this tournament the only players with a sniff of winning the Bet Victor series £150,000 bonus are.

1 Neil Robertson 115,000
2 Judd Trump 80,000
3 Zhou Yuelong 38,000
4 Graeme Dott 26,000
5 Shaun Murphy 23,000
6 Gary Wilson 22,500
7 Ali Carter 20,500
8 Zhao Xintong 16,000
9 Scott Donaldson 16,000

With £50,000 on offer at the Shootout and Gibraltar

in short everyone from 3rd down to 9 has to win Both Shootout and Gibralter to stand a chance. leaving Neil Robertson and Judd Trump with Neil £35,000 ahead and neither have entered the Shootout it means a £150,000 fight in Gibraltar Judd Trump has to win in Gibraltar anything less and he cant win it. If Neil Reaches the final and loses to Judd. Judd takes home £50,000 and Neil £170,000

Postby SnookerFan

So basically Hearn's plan of including the Shoot-Out in the European prize pot hasn't really worked.

It's only there to encourage top players to enter the Shoot-Out, and the two most likely to win the European prize aren't there.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:So basically Hearn's plan of including the Shoot-Out in the European prize pot hasn't really worked.

It's only there to encourage top players to enter the Shoot-Out, and the two most likely to win the European prize aren't there.

I suppose if there’s a decent chance they can win without it, they won’t enter.

But if there were any top players with an outside chance but would have to enter the Shoot Out, it might persuade them.

But as you say it hasn’t really had the desired effect. The only top players with a chance of usurping Judd/Neil are Murphy and Dott (and that’s being generous to Dott) who I think both enter it every year anyway.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So basically Hearn's plan of including the Shoot-Out in the European prize pot hasn't really worked.

I suppose if there’s a decent chance they can win without it, they won’t enter.

But if there were any top players with an outside chance but would have to enter the Shoot Out, it might persuade them.

But as you say it hasn’t really had the desired effect. The only top players with a chance of usurping Judd/Neil are Murphy and Dott (and that’s being generous to Dott) who I think both enter it every year anyway.

Yes.

I guess one year it might work. It just so happens this year, Robbo and Judd have been running away with everything.