Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Last 16 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

I Like Scott Donaldson hes not flash he will never become one of the Greatest players but he always says it how it is none of this bull with him he knows his limitations and he will tell you about it but he is very hard to beat.

Postby Wildey

Apparently some players think if its in a Snooker required stage you shouldn't be allowed to play for Snookers in a Game called Snooker <doh>

some Players aren't the sharpest tool in the box

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Apparently some players think if its in a Snooker required stage you shouldn't be allowed to play for Snookers in a Game called Snooker <doh>

Who said that?

Postby Prop

Wildey wrote:Apparently some players think if its in a Snooker required stage you shouldn't be allowed to play for Snookers in a Game called Snooker <doh>

A while ago there was some chat about introducing a rule where if a player needs more than a certain number of snookers (might have been 3) then they lose the frame. I don’t think the idea was much more than a casual suggestion rather than discussed officially.

But to end a frame at just one snooker required would indeed be ridiculous. It’d completely ruin the game. And it’ll never happen.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:

A while ago there was some chat about introducing a rule where if a player needs more than a certain number of snookers (might have been 3) then they lose the frame. I don’t think the idea was much more than a casual suggestion rather than discussed officially.

But to end a frame at just one snooker required would indeed be ridiculous. It’d completely ruin the game. And it’ll never happen.

Have I missed something? Has this been suggested?

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

Have I missed something? Has this been suggested?

Foulds mentioned it in comms just now. Where he got it, I’m not sure, but there’s very little chance of it happening. The same idea in slightly different iterations has been thrown around carelessly for a while - Foulds talking about it today is nothing new.

Postby Iranu

Bit stupid.

I actually think players should play on with more snooker required especially in big matches/frames.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:

Bit stupid.

I actually think players should play on with more snooker required especially in big matches/frames.

Hendry did not bother when he needed 1 sometime. Stephen atitude is ill get a chance in the next and ill make a ton but there's no doubt in my mind he would have won a lot more matches had he fought on a bit more

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Have I missed something? Has this been suggested?

Foulds mentioned it in comms just now. Where he got it, I’m not sure, but there’s very little chance of it happening. The same idea in slightly different iterations has been thrown around carelessly for a while - Foulds talking about it today is nothing new.[/quote]

Just sounds like commentator waffle.

Surprised it was from Foulds though, he's usually sensible with it. He was talking about the UK Championship being devalued yesterday. Suggesting it should be longer matches.

Postby lhpirnie

Iranu wrote:

Bit stupid.

Mike Judge played on for 20 minutes needing eight snookers in the World Championship qualifiers. He wanted the match to be suspended after losing 4 frames in a row.

Postby D4P

HappyCamper wrote:hope they put the murphy v zhao match on the main table. easily the tie of the round.

You'll get Judd v Georgiou. And you'll like it.

Postby HappyCamper

D4P wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:hope they put the murphy v zhao match on the main table. easily the tie of the round.

You'll get Judd v Georgiou. And you'll like it.

actually come to think of it i'm going to a gig tonight so it's of no matter to me

Postby Ck147

D4P wrote:Could be heading for a CoC final rematch...

Hope the sequel is as good as the original, one of the best in recent times