Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Last 32 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Yuan hasn't done anything since Hendry proclaimed him the greatest teenager of all time.

Now you are over exaggerating not like you at all well ok every bucking week.

What Hendry said was he loved his style and said hes potentially the best Chinese player since Ding. facts remain theres not that much he needs to do to overtake everyone else of the chinese chasing pack.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:Yuan hasn't done anything since Hendry proclaimed him the greatest teenager of all time.

Hendry had only seen one match from him when he proclaimed him the greatest teenager. For me he's just been another chinese teenager who is a supposed super talent.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I agree.

And you're talking to somebody who wouldn't miss tennis if it was completely banned.

I Would be happy if they changed Eurosport Name to Eurosnooker but im realistic enough to know thats never going to hapen

:goodpost:

The happen bungke aside.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

Now you are over exaggerating not like you at all well ok every bucking week.

What Hendry said was he loved his style and said hes potentially the best Chinese player since Ding. facts remain theres not that much he needs to do to overtake everyone else of the chinese chasing pack.

Hendry said he was the greatest teenager since the Class of 92. And was pretty much unanimously criticised for it on Twitter. Partly because he admitted it was the first time he'd ever seen Yuan SiJun play, so it was a very quick judgement. Partly because he seemed to forget that Ding had won multiple ranking events before he hit 20. (Don't forget, in one instance Ding beat Hendry in the final.)

In defence of Hendry, he did go back on it a bit. Later in the tournament on commenting how great Yuan was, Hendry also referenced Ding's multiple wins as a teenager. He didn't back pedal exactly, but he did at least show he'd taken the criticism somewhat on board.

No disrespect to Yuan SiJun, but being proclaimed the greatest since Ronnie, Higgins and Williams by a pundit that has only seen you play one or two best of sevens is blowing it out of proportion when all Hendry needed to do was to talk about his potential or how he had a lot of talent. Proclaiming him one of the greatest talents of all time before he's really won anything is just daft.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:

Hendry had only seen one match from him when he proclaimed him the greatest teenager. For me he's just been another chinese teenager who is a supposed super talent.

I think Hendry only saw two frames from him when he made that statement. It was a ludicrous thing to say.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I think Hendry only saw two frames from him when he made that statement. It was a ludicrous thing to say.

As if you havent said anything stupid in your life..

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

As if you havent said anything stupid in your life..

Hendry gets paid to provide his opinions and generally talk cobblers. Luckily for you and everyone else on here, I provide mine for free.

Postby lhpirnie

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Actually Hendry had visited the CBSA Academy in Beijing, and the STAR Academy in Sheffield many times when Yuan was there, so had seen quite a lot of him in practice. Yuan has a wonderful cue-action with huge variety, which was probably what Hendry noticed.

But the fact is, it's very difficult for young players to break through in today's game. They inevitably go through periods of disillusionment, especially the Chinese players who feel like 'outsiders'. Yuan lost a match to Shaun Murphy in August which was a big setback (it also revitalised Murphy), and since then he has been very nervy, and his cue-action has been jerky at times.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:As if you havent said anything stupid in your life..

Hendry gets paid to provide his opinions and generally talk cobblers. Luckily for you and everyone else on here, I provide mine for free.

Still feels expensive.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Still feels expensive.

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Still feels expensive.

rofl rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Still feels expensive.

pmsl

Postby D4P

Alex0paul wrote:Is this the cut off for the WGP?

Yep. In case you were wondering, Ronnie is currently slated to face David Gilbert in the first round, though that's subject to change, of course. I suppose there's also no guarantee that Ronnie will even enter the event...

Postby Alex0paul

D4P wrote:

Yep. In case you were wondering, Ronnie is currently slated to face David Gilbert in the first round, though that's subject to change, of course. I suppose there's also no guarantee that Ronnie will even enter the event...

I couldn’t care less who O’Sullivan is due to play

Postby Alex0paul

Three outstanding matches to look forward to tonight;

Hirani v Bond
Georgiou v Greene
Songsermsawad v Grace

Postby HappyCamper

Yes. But it's unlikely to make a difference to who qualifies unless someone like McGill or Brecel can get to a semi.