No mid-sessions

Yay
No votes
Nay
100%

Total votes : 9

Re: No mid-sessions at the European Masters

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:Wondering what are the average match times of best of nines and best of elevens actually are. And how much variance there is.

I don't have the stats, but it's obviously going to be a lot.

You think a Peter Ebdon match would be similar in length to a Ronnie O'Sullivan one?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Wondering what are the average match times of best of nines and best of elevens actually are. And how much variance there is.

I don't have the stats, but it's obviously going to be a lot.

You think a Peter Ebdon match would be similar in length to a Ronnie O'Sullivan one?

I'd definitely assume pretty big variance. But putting my analyst hat on its always better to have the actual data. Assumptions can be dangerous.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:You do make valid points. Perhaps there could be a grace period where if a frame finishes at say 1:45 or 1:50, that’s taken as the interval point. But I do agree that’s a bit messy.

I also think the interval should be after 5 or 6 frames in best of 11s. A 4/7 split seems a bit weird.

You can't take a break after 6 if a person has won 6-0 though. <laugh>

True. Bur do you need to if they’ve won 6-0?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:You do make valid points. Perhaps there could be a grace period where if a frame finishes at say 1:45 or 1:50, that’s taken as the interval point. But I do agree that’s a bit messy.

I also think the interval should be after 5 or 6 frames in best of 11s. A 4/7 split seems a bit weird.

The venues who sell drinks might have an opinion on that.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

The venues who sell drinks might have an opinion on that.

Jesus Christ fine, 5 frames then rofl

Postby lhpirnie

Dan-cat wrote:Can't get my head around this, don't they want to sell drinks at the venue? Must be a timing thing

Yes, there is a bar there, but not great catering. The toilets are a bit of a trek up 3 flights of stairs.

The one thing the lack of interval gives is there is no mass disruption when the interval happens. From Table 1, they would have to walk past the other tables to get out, which would be disruptive for the games in progress. It's a compact space, and the tin roof causes some echo, so noise is an issue.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Interesting debate about something that will never happen :-P

That's kind of what I've been trying to explain to them. rofl

rofl

In fairness a lot of things have happened in the last 10 years that you wouldn’t have thought would happen.

Including best of 9s with no intervals!

Postby Wildey

Mid Session intervals is a integral part of Snooker it builds up tension for those 15 or 20 minutes and makes the match more exciting because of that suspense.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Mid Session intervals is a integral part of Snooker it builds up tension for those 15 or 20 minutes and makes the match more exciting because of that suspense.

bullocks

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mid Session intervals is a integral part of Snooker it builds up tension for those 15 or 20 minutes and makes the match more exciting because of that suspense.

bullocks

Its not bullocks you idiot buck me anyone who thinks its not is either stupid or just on the wind up.

The Intervals and Many of them is part of the reason the Multi session matches are the best form of the game just one session with no breaks just cant hack it for excitement

Postby Iranu

Selby’s comeback the other day was pretty exciting despite the lack of interval. But intervals do give the chance for excitement to fester.

:chin: dunno where I stand on this.

Postby SnookerFan

Enjoying being a mod again?
Last edited by SnookerFan on 05 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.