Post a reply

Re: Paul Hunter Classic !!

Postby HappyCamper

Veteran Bazza Pinches against young Iulian Boiko in the final of the qualifier.

Postby HappyCamper

Pink Ball wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Veteran Bazza Pinches against young Iulian Boiko in the final of the qualifier.

I’m not looking forward to playing Iulian.

Your fears were well placed. Boiko takes the title 3 frames to 2!

The thirteen year old Ukrainian completes the line up for the Paul Hunter Classic.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Veteran Bazza Pinches against young Iulian Boiko in the final of the qualifier.

I’m not looking forward to playing Iulian.

Are you Barry Pinches?

Postby Wildey

Last 16
Kyren Wilson v Florian Nüßle Never played before
Matthew Selt v Dominic Dale Dale leads 4-3
Luca Brecel v Ken Doherty Doherty leads 2-1
Ricky Walden v Iulian Boiko Never played before
-----------------------------------------------------
David Gilbert v Michael Holt Holt leads 2-1
Joe Perry v Ben Mertens Never played before
Mark King v Ryan Davies Never played before
Barry Hawkins v Gary Wilson Hawkins leads 4-1

Iulian Boiko beat Barry Pinches 3-2 to book his place in the Draw against Ricky Walden

Postby Ash147

This tournament has been bastardised. Paul Hunter deserved better.

To be honest, the PHC has felt cheap since 2016. Things like the camera viewing angles, the set up, lack of commentary, not being on the main Eurosport channels. Since it stopped being a PTC event post 2015, it really seems to have been treated badly.

Postby Wildey

When the PTC ended This event should have returned to it roots or Given a bigger status.

Neither happened and we are here with it SAD

Postby carayip

I mean it’s not just the sponsors or players’ fault. World Snooker did little to help this event either. I mean Six Reds, Shootout, Seniors and Women all have spots in qualification for CoC but this event doesn’t

Postby lhpirnie

gallantrabbit wrote:Someone at WS or Hearn got this badly wrong. No space for more invitationals.

Invitationals might be the only way forward for tournaments in some places, like Europe. It would be fine if they had a ranking system that could deal with it. But they don't.

Postby Ash147

It's a sad state of affairs when the Shoot-Out is a bigger status event than the PHC. It's a ranking event, it has more prize money, and it's fully televised and commentated on too.

They really have shafted this tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:It's a sad state of affairs when the Shoot-Out is a bigger status event than the PHC. It's a ranking event, it has more prize money, and it's fully televised and commentated on too.

They really have shafted this tournament.

:goodpost:

+1

Postby SnookerFan

When Ali Carter won the PHC a few years ago, it felt like a moving and special moment in the season.

Now they can't even be bothered to televise it.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:When Ali Carter won the PHC a few years ago, it felt like a moving and special moment in the season.

Now they can't even be bothered to televise it.

I don't like Ali Carter, but I enjoyed that final. You could tell winning that meant a lot to him. Like you say, it was a memorable tournament in the calendar. Since then it's turned into the worst event of the season, to the point where it seems World Snooker almost don't care about it at all.

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:It's sad to think that he'd be celebrating his 40th birthday this year.

He would have been 41 in October

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:
Ash147 wrote:It's sad to think that he'd be celebrating his 40th birthday this year.

He would have been 41 in October

That's right. He died a few days before his 28th birthday. :-(

Postby SnookerFan

As the Paul Hunter Classic isn't on TV, I am taking the only option open to me. I'm watching Dad's Army.

Postby carayip

It looks like Hawkins has won this. As of right now, Barry is not in the CoC. Will Hearn offer him a place if they can’t fill the lineup?

Postby D4P

HappyCamper wrote:Hawkins wins something for a change! Well done Bazza!

Looks like Barry's ship has come in...

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:It looks like Hawkins has won this. As of right now, Barry is not in the CoC. Will Hearn offer him a place if they can’t fill the lineup?

Does the PHC not get a place in the COC automatically?

Bit strange.