Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!

Postby Pink Ball

In golf, tournaments set themselves apart. The US Open is the toughest event, the Masters is played at the same, beautiful venue every year, and the Open always takes place on a links course.

I note with interest that snooker is now doing the same. Riga has stood out from the rest thanks to rubbish crowds, a rubbish field, and a rubbish format.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:In golf, tournaments set themselves apart. The US Open is the toughest event, the Masters is played at the same, beautiful venue every year, and the Open always takes place on a links course.

I note with interest that snooker is now doing the same. Riga has stood out from the rest thanks to rubbish crowds, a rubbish field, and a rubbish format.

What are you talking about? The crowds have actually been quite good.

Everything else I agree with.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:In golf, tournaments set themselves apart. The US Open is the toughest event, the Masters is played at the same, beautiful venue every year, and the Open always takes place on a links course.

What are you talking about? The crowds have actually been quite good.

True, actually. rubbish field, rubbish format, and a rubbish time of year, though, make it very much a rubbish tournament. In fairness, it's a good bit better than Gibraltar. Gibraltar really is 'The rubbish One'.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Gibraltar really is 'The rubbish One'.

Worse even than the Masters...?

No, the Masters is 'The Overrated One'

Ah, yes. Gotta keep my "The ___ One"s straight.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Surprised Barry's here for this one.

Probably because its first tournament of the season.

More surprising is the fact he gave a speech, but the players weren't interviewed.

Postby Ash147

Well done to Yan, it was only a matter of time before he won something. I hope that this will be the first of many trophies to come. He's definitely the best young player in the game right now.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:Well done to Yan, it was only a matter of time before he won something. I hope that this will be the first of many trophies to come. He's definitely the best young player in the game right now.

I was more than happy that MJW won the Irish 2 years ago, but him winning it would have been a great story too. He's still only 19, he joins a very select club of players who won their first ranker as teenagers, if memory serves me right, those are Ronnie, Hendry, Higgins, Ding and Paul Hunter, maybe forgetting somebody else.

Still, hopefully this title is a good omen for bigger ones to come, maybe one on his home country.

Postby eraserhead

Didn't realise that Yan was still a teen. Really shows how good Ronnie, Hendry, Higgins, Ding etc where to win what they did in their teens.

Postby D4P

eraserhead wrote:Didn't realise that Yan was still a teen. Really shows how good Ronnie, Hendry, Higgins, Ding etc where to win what they did in their teens.

Yeah, Ronnie won both the UK and the Masters as a teenager, and remains the youngest to win either of those events.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Didn't realise that Yan was still a teen. Really shows how good Ronnie, Hendry, Higgins, Ding etc where to win what they did in their teens.

Yeah, Ronnie won both the UK and the Masters as a teenager, and remains the youngest to win either of those events.

Weak era

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:

Weak era