Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters Qualifying !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:That must be a mistake. 3.3 seconds per shot.

I was watching it, it was insane, didn’t even feather his shots

rofl rofl

Technically, he probably could get his AST down to 3.3. He'd miss or foul every shot he tried for, but at least Barry Hearn would be impressed by his speed.

Postby Godot

I have a feeling a young Chinese player will win this event. Get the impression they would spend all summer practicing whereas the top boys may not be hard at it again until mid August.

Postby Godot

Good win for Stefanow, whitewashing Michael White.

Some of these young players just need to somehow stick around on tour for about 5 years and then they'll be fine. Big 'if' though.

Postby SnookerFan

Godot wrote:Good win for Stefanow, whitewashing Michael White.

Some of these young players just need to somehow stick around on tour for about 5 years and then they'll be fine. Big 'if' though.

SightRight?

Postby lhpirnie

Godot wrote:I have a feeling a young Chinese player will win this event. Get the impression they would spend all summer practicing whereas the top boys may not be hard at it again until mid August.

Many of them were playing in the Chinese national competition in Xi'an last week. It was won by Zhang Anda, who cancelled his honeymoon to take part! Yan Bingtao has been back for several weeks, but his performance yesterday wasn't great. Due to bad weather in Asia, some of the Chinese players have had travelling problems.

Postby SteveJJ

lhpirnie wrote:
Godot wrote:I have a feeling a young Chinese player will win this event. Get the impression they would spend all summer practicing whereas the top boys may not be hard at it again until mid August.

Many of them were playing in the Chinese national competition in Xi'an last week. It was won by Zhang Anda, who cancelled his honeymoon to take part! Yan Bingtao has been back for several weeks, but his performance yesterday wasn't great. Due to bad weather in Asia, some of the Chinese players have had travelling problems.

Do you know if thats the reason for Tian and Chen Feilong's absence?

Postby carayip

SteveJJ wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Visa problem. They said usually it only takes 5 days or so to apply for the visa but this time the visa department work very slowly and fail to issue the visa in 2 weeks of time

Postby Godot

Lemnas wrote:http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Matches/Result/14084/631510/kaspersky-riga-masters-2019-qualifiers
AST of 15.0 seconds over 7 frames, but not a mistake this time.

You guessed right, it was Thepchaiya. Missed the last red on a maximum btw.

I'd love to see Theppy compete at the business end of tournaments more often, simply a joy to watch.

Postby lhpirnie

carayip wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Visa problem. They said usually it only takes 5 days or so to apply for the visa but this time the visa department work very slowly and fail to issue the visa in 2 weeks of time

Yes, Zhang Jiankang also impacted. The young player missed out on his first World Championship because of a similar delay.

Postby Lou147

I applaud you lot, I find it so hard to get invested in this just a month after Sheffield

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Let the Island get behind Jimmy as he takes on Selt tomorrow

Come on Selt!

Ugh. Even as a joke that feels so dirty.