Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat May 4th) Semi-Finals !!

Postby TheRocket

Jester82 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Absolutely rubbish standard. Like 95% of the other matches in this tournament .

Wilson and Gilbert are underdogs, so what to expect?

Its not just them. ROS, Selby, Robertson, Allen, Williams. Every topplayer has underperformed. Including Higgins and Trump who are still left in the tournament.

Postby snooker_loopy

Apart from missing a lot of balls, he's rolling.

Not to be unduly harsh, but these might be the worst semi-finals we've seen for quite some time. The Higgins/Gilbert match is very poor quality and not a great advert for the WC. I fear the final won't be high quality neither although I suspect Judd will win. It feels a bit like they've played too much snooker. In terms of concentration levels you see how all four players are struggling.

Postby snooker_loopy

JESTER82 WROTE:
THEROCKET WROTE:
Absolutely rubbish standard. Like 95% of the other matches in this tournament .
Its not just them. ROS, Selby, Robertson, Allen, Williams. Every topplayer has underperformed. Including Higgins and Trump who are still left in the tournament.

This put Hendry's amazing seven wins into context. The guy had insane levels of concentration to achieve what he did in a decade or so.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Absolutely rubbish standard. Like 95% of the other matches in this tournament .

It is the worst World Championship I have ever seen for actual quality of play. The standards are at an all-time low. Probably even worse than the late 70s.