Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Thur May 2nd) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

The Semi finals are a battle of stamina and that's how it should be. They need to earn to play in the final.

John Higgins has beaten David Gilbert in a ranking Final as did Mark Williams and Kyren Wilson so can David Gilbert have a hatrick of revenge or can John Higgins reach his 8th Final?

In the other Semi Final Qualifier Gary Wilson will play Judd Trump and Gary has beaten Judd earlier this season in their only professional meeting.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Thursday 2nd of May

1pm

David Gilbert v John Higgins Higgins leads 5-2

7pm

Gary Wilson v Judd Trump Wilson leads 1-0

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thur April 2nd) Semi-Finals

Postby Ash147

After the bad start to this tournament, I’m really happy with this semi-final lineup. This has certainly cheered me up a lot, as I have been unwell for the past few days. I’m due to finish my antibiotics on Sunday, so just in time for the final. :-D

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ash147 wrote:After the bad start to this tournament, I’m really happy with this semi-final lineup. This has certainly cheered me up a lot, as I have been unwell for the past few days. I’m due to finish my antibiotics on Sunday, so just in time for the final. :-D

Hopefully Trump will win it. If not, anyone but Higgins.

Postby HappyCamper

Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:come on wilson and gilbert1!

Corrected it for you:
come on Gilbert and Trump.

U'r welcome. <ok>

i've bought a crate of newcy brown and am fully behind the geordie lad!

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thur May 2nd) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:I think if Gilbert or Wilson can get a decent start, they won't be pushovers. But the first session is crucial for both on that front. Gilbert more so. I think Wilson is capable of finding form even if he doesn't start well.

He started badly v carter and turned it around.

I don't think it will be a rout for both Higgins and Trump, but at the same time I don't expect either to lose. We should see a repeat of the 2011 Final.

Postby Satch4

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Ash147 wrote:After the bad start to this tournament, I’m really happy with this semi-final lineup. This has certainly cheered me up a lot, as I have been unwell for the past few days. I’m due to finish my antibiotics on Sunday, so just in time for the final. :-D

This

Postby TheRocket

Satch4 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

This

+1

Postby Wildey

Well i think Gary Wilson and Dave Gilbert has won their championship prior to this week they had played in it 5 times between them and won 1 match back in 2012 when Gilbert beat Gould.

So in short the pressure will all be on John Higgins and Judd Trump to deliver.

in the Quarter Finals Neil Robertson couldnt have had a harder match he was the Fave he was the guy who has been reaching finals for fun but he was playing Higgins who knows how to win any way he can.

Neil played like he was under pressure but playng gilbert will be different John will be fave now im not sure hes playing well enough to beat Gilbert if Gilbert goes out and play with freedom he should having reached a unbelievable Goal of playing in a World Semi with 100,000K Banked.

Postby hendry_fan

So it,s John Haggis v Dave potato. :-D

Well,even though John played mostly his C game,he,s still favourite,but as yesterday proved,being favourite does,nt mean to say you,re gonna win. :-D

Fvourites have lost countless times throughout the years.

Bfore the Higgins/Robbo match,a few freinds wrote to me fuuulll of confidence that John had no chance in beatin Robbo,one rambled on bout how great Robbos played throughout the season,especially the last few.

I wrote them an sms after the match,i,ve only heard from one o the dumplings since. :chin: <laugh>

The one that wrote,wrote,"impressive". :-D

Of course the favourites win most of the time,but some go on as if they always win.<doh>

I won,t be surprised if favourite John loses to Dave,Dave,s played much better than John has,Dave could suddenly sink to the occasion and play poor,John could suddenly go up a gear,2,as we,ve said many a time,it all comes down to the day.

Would,nt surprise me if Gaz were to beat Trump neither,just cause Trumps been playing super stuff,that he,s vastly improved in all depts of his game,also does,nt mean to say that he,ll be able to maintain the high standard he,s shown,many a time Trump suddenly went down a gear,2 after playing some great stuff.

I,d of course love John to not only beat Dave,but to go on and win the title,but he,s actually still got a way to go,2 more matches he,s gotta win,does,nt sound much,but it actually is.

I,m hoping he,s gonna produce more A,B game stuff and i don,t mean just producing it for a frame or 2.

He certainly needed help from Robbo to be able beat Robbo,we all saw how poor Robbo played. :dizzy:

Dave n Gaz have been playing some very good stuff so far,it,s gonna be very intrestin to see if they can maintain it.

If John does,nt manage to go on and win the whole tourney,then i aint bovered who does as i like all of the other 3 players.