Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 26th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mark Selby has won the championship before playing ugly and struggling 2016 was really poor early rounds. Sam Baird pushed him hard in the last 16 losing 13-11. Selby has to do it again this year because his form is not there.

I think he's been far worse so far this year than in 2016. The Sam Baird of 2016 would have beaten him well where Xintong fell short last week.

Maybe but his form did return by the final then and i do expect him to beat Wilson and find form this year too.

Postby Chalk McHugh

mantorok wrote:Such sour grapes against Cahill, grow up guys he's here on merit and I reckon it's going to be close with Maguire, in fact I would say Cahill is favourite as Maguire wasn't showing me much last round.

I'm all for a Cahill win. I think he will win.

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:Such sour grapes against Cahill, grow up guys he's here on merit and I reckon it's going to be close with Maguire, in fact I would say Cahill is favourite as Maguire wasn't showing me much last round.

You see what happens when Ronnie loses.

Cant remember a fan of any other player with that kind of sour grapes. its sad and pathetic

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

Cant remember a fan of any other player with that kind of sour grapes. its sad and pathetic

Mate, this is bullocks, pure and simple. Are you telling me you would not feel the same way if Cahill had beaten Hendry in similar circumstances? Of course you would and you know it.

And for the record, I would have supported Maguire for this match anyway. Better for the tournament if Maguire goes through.

Postby eraserhead

Lol no one has a problem if you speak like this about Murphy. It was a fluke win against a very poor Ronnie just sets up a match that will probably be one sided. We saw it wih McLeod and Trump that year.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:

I can understand the disappointment, I'm gutted he's been knocked out, but turning my anger towards a player who was simply doing his job and playing a game of snooker, that's just something else entirely.

Postby Cloud Strife

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I can understand the disappointment, I'm gutted he's been knocked out, but turning my anger towards a player who was simply doing his job and playing a game of snooker, that's just something else entirely.

Nobody's angry. Honestly. <laugh>

Postby Chalk McHugh

I agree with Wildey. If someone wants Cahill to be beaten just because he beat Ronnie it does come across as a bit pathetic imo. I doubt Wildey would hate a player just because they beat Hendry. Seems off the wall to me. Fair play to him for beating Ronnie. Fantastic achievement.

Postby eraserhead

Chalk McHugh wrote:I agree with Wildey. If someone wants Cahill to be beaten just because he beat Ronnie it does come across as a bit pathetic imo. I doubt Wildey would hate a player just because they beat Hendry. Seems off the wall to me. Fair play to him for beating Ronnie. Fantastic achievement.

I’m not angry after the first session I thought Ronnie was going to lose but i’d have liked to see him go through as it sets up a better match. I hope Hawkins gets battered for the same reason.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Mate, this is bullocks, pure and simple. Are you telling me you would not feel the same way if Cahill had beaten Hendry in similar circumstances? Of course you would and you know it.

And for the record, I would have supported Maguire for this match anyway. Better for the tournament if Maguire goes through.

No i wouldnt because hes a young player and thats the sports life blood yea id be disapointed but id want that player to go on and do some damage

Postby Chalk McHugh

eraserhead wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I agree with Wildey. If someone wants Cahill to be beaten just because he beat Ronnie it does come across as a bit pathetic imo. I doubt Wildey would hate a player just because they beat Hendry. Seems off the wall to me. Fair play to him for beating Ronnie. Fantastic achievement.

I’m not angry after the first session I thought Ronnie was going to lose but i’d have liked to see him go through as it sets up a better match. I hope Hawkins gets battered for the same reason.

Of course most of us wanted a Ronnie win. But to hate on the player he lost to is ridiculous.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't understand why we are all expected to be Cahill fans suddenly.

theres miles of difference between being a fan and just downright hatered which what you said was

Postby Chalk McHugh

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I don't understand why we are all expected to be Cahill fans suddenly.

theres miles of difference between being a fan and just downright hatered which what you said was

A gap as wide as the Thames.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I am tired of Cahill's ugly mug, to be quite honest. I hope Maguire does a number on him and sends him packing back to his sad little life.

To be fair, he has done rather well.

Surely as a Ronnie fan it would be better if he at least runs Maguire close. If I were a ROS fan, I would find it somewhat sickening if Maguire crushes him as it would highlight what could/should have happened in his first match.

Nope. I just want him gone. The sooner the better.

If he loses to Mags, you'll just be moaning that some guy beat Ronnie then lost the next round.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

No i wouldnt because hes a young player and thats the sports life blood yea id be disapointed but id want that player to go on and do some damage

Mate, don't be a hypocrite. Here's a quote from you during the 2016 World Championship that suggests otherwise.

viewtopic.php?f=584&t=6620&p=429730&hilit=ugly+mug#p429730

Wildey wrote:Didnt like my fave going out full stop once that match over and the guy that beat him i wanted him beaten and beaten badly hated to see his ugly mug in the event so in that scenario id be screaming Marco on.

Postby Cloud Strife

mantorok wrote:

So it's a coincidence that every Ronnie fan who wants Cahill to lose is also a Maguire fan?

I admit my previous post was abit over the top and I apologise for that. It was mainly tongue in cheek anyway, but I still stand by my sentiments.