Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri April 26th) Last 16 !!

Postby HappyCamper

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Good timing. The radio genius is on LBC at 10pm.

James Whale?

George Galloway just had his show on Talk Radio. I have to say, he's grown on me these last few years.

he used to be my mp. even in his labour days he was never anything more than an egotistical self-aggrandising pin end.
Last edited by HappyCamper on 26 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:Murphy is exactly the type that would get bullied in school. It must be tough and I bet it's hard to forget that...

Pretty sure Murphy has achieved a lot more in his life than those mugs who bullied him. So Murphy should be the one now who laughs at them.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah - bullies are rubbish. I know kids do it but they often continue into adulthood.

It sounds like it had a profound effect on Murphy.

His bullies probably have rubbish jobs now so he has the last laugh.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Murphy is exactly the type that would get bullied in school. It must be tough and I bet it's hard to forget that...

Pretty sure Murphy has achieved a lot more in his life than those mugs who bullied him. So Murphy should be the one now who laughs at them.

<ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

It is obviously something that still rankles with him. You could see he was getting slightly emotional when speaking about it in the presser.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HappyCamper wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

James Whale?

George Galloway just had his show on Talk Radio. I have to say, he's grown on me these last few years.

he used to be my mp. even in his labour days he was never anything more than an egotistical self-aggrandising pin end.

What did you think of him though?

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

James Whale?

he used to be my mp. even in his labour days he was never anything more than and egotistical self-aggrandising pin end.

Doesn't that describe almost all MPs?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Murphy interview.

Interesting 2nd half where he talks about bullying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGFnRyMt4bs

Very interesting. School was obviously very tough for him. I wonder if there was something in his personality or demeanour that attracted bullies to him like flies to rubbish.

Probably, but not the point, and he’s not to blame. I do respect him for speaking out. I’m sure it can be a very difficult thing for people to do. Fair play to him.

Yes of course, I wasn't blaming
Shaun. I think it's absolutely terrible what he went through. School is usually one of the best times of a person's life, so it quite sad to hear things like this.

I hated high school.

Though, nowhere near as bad as Murphy's, obviously.

Postby HustleKing

Holden Chinaski wrote:I hated high school as well.

It's a strange vicious cycle of teenagers always being jerks, but adult figureheads in their lives not doing enough to stop them being jerks

Postby Ck147

eraserhead wrote:Looking forward to Ding v Judd tomorrow. Can't see Wilson beating Selby when it gets to the end of the match and Bingham's form is hot and cold.

Ding v Judd is highlight for me tomorrow. I think Selby will end up winning. Maguire Cahill could be close but mags more likely to make it. Not sure about Williams see how he feels tomorrow.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Cloud Strife wrote:Very interesting. School was obviously very tough for him. I wonder if there was something in his personality or demeanour that attracted bullies to him like flies to rubbish.

The bullying is probably what caused him to have the personality he has.

Postby Ash147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Very interesting. School was obviously very tough for him. I wonder if there was something in his personality or demeanour that attracted bullies to him like flies to rubbish.

Or was it his personality that caused the bullying? :chin:

Just kidding. In all seriousness, bullying sucks. Everyone experiences it in school, and it’s one of those things that shapes a person.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah - bullies are rubbish. I know kids do it but they often continue into adulthood.

Sadly, that’s probably not true.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Sorry to hear that about Murph. Bullying is rampant. Its everywhere. Not just in school with kids but in the workplace and elsewhere as adults. Must have been very severe to have had to leave school at 13. I experienced a small bit in secondary but it was nothing really. I also had a classmate ask me to have a few words with 2 or 3 lads from a year below him who were bullying him. I wasn't even a friend of this lad really but fir whatever reason he asked me. I did. Never heard anything more.

I always defended Murph on here. Up to today that was but although i went a bit overboard it was due to his decision to do punditry mid match in the most prestigious tournament of all. Still a crazy thing to do but probably no need for the hysteria and a lot of the personal stuff.

#bulliesruinlives

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:

Just kidding. In all seriousness, bullying sucks. Everyone experiences it in school, and it’s one of those things that shapes a person.

Totally agree, I had the odd bit in early secondary, probably because of the way my mum cut my hair, my crap trainers, and one time I took in a briefcase I got free from the esso garage on my dads tiger points (deserved it for that), but never serious or continued. I started stuff as well but never had a vendetta against anyone. Does make you a stronger person, I've actually intervened in a couple of instances I've seen it happening. Bullying is wrong.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Sadly, that’s probably not true.

I bet in more cases than not it is true. The guys in my school who were considered bullies are in most cases doing rubbish. One's doing ok but he's the exception.

Postby Ash147

Ck147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:

Totally agree, I had the odd bit in early secondary, probably because of the way my mum cut my hair, my crap trainers, and one time I took in a briefcase I got free from the esso garage on my dads tiger points (deserved it for that), but never serious or continued. I started stuff as well but never had a vendetta against anyone. Does make you a stronger person, I've actually intervened in a couple of instances I've seen it happening. Bullying is wrong.

Sorry, I had to.