Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Thur April 25th) Last 32/Last 16

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

As usual no morning play on the first Thursday of the event. At 1pm Ali Carter has a narrow 5-4 v Jack Lisowski, whilst the Last 16 begins for two former champions here, 2005 Shaun Murphy and 2010 Neil Robertson. Amazingly, it's been 4 years since their last big match, the 2015 Masters Final when Murphy thrashed Robertson 10-2.

In the evening, last year's semi-finalist Kyren Wilson holds a 6-2 lead over debutant Scott Donaldson, whilst 3 times World Champion Mark Selby faces a rematch of his 2015 China Open final with Gary Wilson.

Best of 25s from now in the Last 16 and Quarter-Finals.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Thursday 25th of April

1pm

**Jack Lisowski 4-5 Allister Carter Lisowski leads 1-0
Shaun Murphy v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 21-11

7pm

**Kyren Wilson 6-2 Scott Donaldson Wilson leads 1-0
Mark Selby v Gary Wilson Selby leads 5-0

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thur April 25th) Last 32/Las

Postby Ck147

First! Robbo to stuff smurph, hope dreamboat beats angry man but not sure that will happen, Selby obviously, and Kyren - who I've warmed to the last couple of years.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Strange to realise that Robertson and Murphy haven't faced each other in a serious event since 2015 Masters Final.

I was thinking this the other day.

I had to check their head to head.

I didn't remember them playing each other that often.

Postby Dan-cat

Vallomas wrote:Strange to realise that Robertson and Murphy haven't faced each other in a serious event since 2015 Masters Final.

I was at that final. I remarked at the time I think the reason Robbo was off that day was because he was booed as he entered the arena. A good majority bought tickets to see Ronnie in the final and he shattered those dreams the day before in the semis. I think he was shocked by that.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

I was at that final. I remarked at the time I think the reason Robbo was off that day was because he was booed as he entered the arena. A good majority bought tickets to see Ronnie in the final and he shattered those dreams the day before in the semis. I think he was shocked by that.

I remember that time Robertson lay the smack down on Ronnie.

John Parrott was gutted afterwards.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

Shocking behaviour from the Ronnietarts. :no:

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:That was the same time my mate shouted out ‘c’mon ronnie!’ And John Virgo said ‘he’s not here mate’ hahaha.

I remember that one. Didn’t that also happen to Bingham when he played Judd in the 2015 World Championship?

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:

Really?

That should have motivated him

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:I find it interesting how many people dislike Robbo. Never really understood why.

For me he is the king of passing the buck. I never saw worse player who blames his own poor play on other things like the crowd, arena, noise, table etc. So annoying but he is who he is and i've never like him.
Last edited by Chalk McHugh on 25 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.