Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Iranu

Deewee wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Foulds saying Dott has limited ability but still achieved a lot. Bit harsh.

It's a compliment. He's made a lot out of relatively little.

I just think he (and other pundits) can be very patronising to Dott. They always call him things like “a feisty little character”, “like a terrier”, “tenacious”.

They talk about how he’s made the most of “limited ability” as if he can barely string 5 pots together. They do it every time he’s playing.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby csprince

Cloud Strife wrote:
csprince wrote:
Iranu wrote:
csprince wrote:
mick745 wrote:What a day that was.

Ronnie losing, another two of the favourites Allen and Trump in serious difficulty, Bingham almost blowing a 8-1 lead.

Tournament now wide open. Pick a winner folks, cause i can't. Anything could happen and probably it seems like it could be a very unpredictable tournament.
it"s gonna be a gary wilson james cahill final at this rate

I’d actually kind of love that!
thinking about it would"t be a bad final


That final would be shitness personified.
i"d prefer that to selby higgins or selby vs anyone

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Souvent

Iranu wrote:
Deewee wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Foulds saying Dott has limited ability but still achieved a lot. Bit harsh.

It's a compliment. He's made a lot out of relatively little.

I just think he (and other pundits) can be very patronising to Dott. They always call him things like “a feisty little character”, “like a terrier”, “tenacious”.

They talk about how he’s made the most of “limited ability” as if he can barely string 5 pots together. They do it every time he’s playing.


Yeah, and they're talking about someone who went to 3 WC finals and won 1.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Chalk McHugh

I like and respect Foulds but i too was a little surprised at his comment about Dott being a good player with limited ability. This is a former world champion and runner up. Dott is a top player deserves better than being patronised.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:It’s been one of the most rubbish days for Snooker that I can remember. Completely disappointed with every result today. This World Championship needs something really good to happen now, because I’m very close to losing interest in it. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Surprised you were rooting for Dott. He’d have been a bye for Higgins in the second round.


I’d root for anyone who plays Bingham. I’ve got no problem with Higgins either, and am now hoping he puts Bingham back in his place.

Strange player to have a hatred for. Any particular reason?


Bingham is one of those players who’s made the top 16 by entering everything, but winning very little. He spends the majority of the season doing nothing, then eventually gets a good run in a tournament and wins something. He’s almost the polar opposite to someone like Ronnie, because he focuses more on quantity than quality. He’s benefited massively from the large increase of tournaments since Hearn took over, which has allowed his mostly mediocre performances to be rewarded.

There’s a reason the likes of Bingham and Hawkins were nobodies until the 2010’s, and that’s because the game focussed more on quality of play than quantity of tournaments.


Yes, but do you hate him?

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Ash147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Surprised you were rooting for Dott. He’d have been a bye for Higgins in the second round.


I’d root for anyone who plays Bingham. I’ve got no problem with Higgins either, and am now hoping he puts Bingham back in his place.

Strange player to have a hatred for. Any particular reason?


Bingham is one of those players who’s made the top 16 by entering everything, but winning very little. He spends the majority of the season doing nothing, then eventually gets a good run in a tournament and wins something. He’s almost the polar opposite to someone like Ronnie, because he focuses more on quantity than quality. He’s benefited massively from the large increase of tournaments since Hearn took over, which has allowed his mostly mediocre performances to be rewarded.

There’s a reason the likes of Bingham and Hawkins were nobodies until the 2010’s, and that’s because the game focussed more on quality of play than quantity of tournaments.


Yes, but do you hate him?


No I don’t hate him. Although his uncanny resemblance to Humpty Dumpty doesn’t help.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:It’s been one of the most rubbish days for Snooker that I can remember. Completely disappointed with every result today. This World Championship needs something really good to happen now, because I’m very close to losing interest in it. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Surprised you were rooting for Dott. He’d have been a bye for Higgins in the second round.


I’d root for anyone who plays Bingham. I’ve got no problem with Higgins either, and am now hoping he puts Bingham back in his place.

Strange player to have a hatred for. Any particular reason?


Bingham is one of those players who’s made the top 16 by entering everything, but winning very little. He spends the majority of the season doing nothing, then eventually gets a good run in a tournament and wins something. He’s almost the polar opposite to someone like Ronnie, because he focuses more on quantity than quality. He’s benefited massively from the large increase of tournaments since Hearn took over, which has allowed his mostly mediocre performances to be rewarded.

There’s a reason the likes of Bingham and Hawkins were nobodies until the 2010’s, and that’s because the game focussed more on quality of play than quantity of tournaments.


He is a multiple ranking winner. You make it sound like he's won nothing.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby gallantrabbit

Bingham's superior technique was always going to hold up against Dott. Dott was skewing balls long before the decider and I think Bingham had it in his head that it was going to a decider.
It's better for the tournament. Higgins would have beaten Dott to 3 or 4.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby mick745

It’s been one of the most rubbish days for Snooker that I can remember. Completely disappointed with every result today. This World Championship needs something really good to happen now, because I’m very close to losing interest in it. I hope tomorrow is a better day.[/quote]
Surprised you were rooting for Dott. He’d have been a bye for Higgins in the second round.[/quote]

I’d root for anyone who plays Bingham. I’ve got no problem with Higgins either, and am now hoping he puts Bingham back

There’s a reason the likes of Bingham and Hawkins were nobodies until the 2010’s, and that’s because the game focussed more on quality of play than quantity of tournaments.[/quote]

He is a multiple ranking winner. You make it sound like he's won nothing.[/quote][/quote]

Plenty of the 128 pros enter everything and get nowhere near a ranking win, or even a qf for that matter. Bingham is a great player and shows good consistency.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby SnookerFan

People do talk some bullocks.

An amateur beat the World Number one. The first session of Judd and Thep was fast and exciting. Dott forced a decider from 8-1 down. After the first two frames, Zhou played really well.

And this was a poor day of snooker to you people?

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:People do talk some bullocks.

An amateur beat the World Number one. The first session of Judd and Thep was fast and exciting. Dott forced a decider from 8-1 down. After the first two frames, Zhou played really well.

And this was a poor day of snooker to you people?


Some people must have very high standards because as you say it was a pretty dramatic day overall. If every day was similiar it would be super dooper.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:People do talk some bullocks.

An amateur beat the World Number one. The first session of Judd and Thep was fast and exciting. Dott forced a decider from 8-1 down. After the first two frames, Zhou played really well.

And this was a poor day of snooker to you people?


Some people must have very high standards because as you say it was a pretty dramatic day overall. If every day was similiar it would be super dooper.


+2

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:People do talk some bullocks.

An amateur beat the World Number one. The first session of Judd and Thep was fast and exciting. Dott forced a decider from 8-1 down. After the first two frames, Zhou played really well.

And this was a poor day of snooker to you people?


TBF it was only really one person saying that.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:People do talk some bullocks.

An amateur beat the World Number one. The first session of Judd and Thep was fast and exciting. Dott forced a decider from 8-1 down. After the first two frames, Zhou played really well.

And this was a poor day of snooker to you people?


TBF it was only really one person saying that.


Yeah, Dan-Cat is getting a bit out of line.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:The rest of you Ronnie fans should have accepted this defeat yesterday. It amuses me that you all still think he’s got a chance in this match. :lol:

You're not a fan mate.


You’re right, I don’t support people who play like sausage heads.


Image

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:The rest of you Ronnie fans should have accepted this defeat yesterday. It amuses me that you all still think he’s got a chance in this match. :lol:

You're not a fan mate.


You’re right, I don’t support people who play like sausage heads.


Image


That's not how you use that meme. Noob.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:FFS Cahill.


I think you're in the wrong thread.

Why are you using words? Don't you have a meme for this? Some of your incel friends must have made a really cool one.


Image