Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th of April~Monday 6th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 4 and Ronnie O'Sullivan finds himself in trouble from the off, with amateur James Cahill leading 5-4. 2006 champion Graeme Dott is once again back to The Crucible, this time v another former champion, Stuart Bingham.

David Gilbert leads Joe Perry 6-3, and starting his campaing to win his first World Title is Masters champion Judd Trump, against the fastest player on tour, Thepchaiya Un-Nooh in a match that certainly wont be slow. And to round things off IC winner and Scottish Open champion Mark Allen takes on Zhou Yuelong.

Will we see a major surprise result today? Wait and see on Day 4 of the World Championship.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 23rd of April

10am

Stuart Bingham v Graeme Dott Bingham leads 10-4
**Ronnie O’Sullivan 4-5 James Cahill O'Sullivan leads 3-0

2.30pm

**David Gilbert 6-3 Joe Perry Tied at 6-6
Judd Trump v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Trump leads 2-1

7pm

**Stuart Bingham v Graeme Dott Bingham leads 10-4
Mark Allen v Zhou Yuelong Never played before

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Mantorok suggested earlier that in these last few seasons Ronnie had such great sucess that come the Worlds he wasn't really that bothered because he already had a great season.

I think this actually is a good valid point. In recent times I've only seen Selby having a great season before Worlds and ending up winning the last tournament, 2016/2017.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:Mantorok suggested earlier that in these last few seasons Ronnie had such great sucess that come the Worlds he wasn't really that bothered because he already had a great season.

I think this actually is a good valid point. In recent times I've only seen Selby having a great season before Worlds and ending up winning the last tournament, 2016/2017.

Williams last year?

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Mantorok suggested earlier that in these last few seasons Ronnie had such great sucess that come the Worlds he wasn't really that bothered because he already had a great season.

Williams last year?

well yes maybe... but Selby won 5 tournaments in total that season, same as Ronnie in this and last. MJW won 3. Still a great one for him.

Postby Raphael98

Haven't been watching the matches, as I've been away, although let's see what I think of each match in separate:

Bingham vs Dott: I think Bingham is the favourite, however Dott really likes this tournament, and it can be close.

O'Sullivan vs Cahill: I think O'Sullivan will go through, although not as easy as me and everyone else thought, as Cahill has shown that he is no mug at all.

Gilbert vs Perry: I think this one is going all the way, but I'm not sure who is going to win. I am inclining towards a Perry comeback here.

Trump vs Un-Nooh: If any of these players averages more than 21 seconds per shot I would be surprised. Think Trump will swept through, however Un-Nooh may have a surprise or two.

Mark Allen vs Zhou Yuelong: In this one, I do think Allen is going through quite easily, but Yuelong isn't going to be a pushover at all.

Postby Wildey

I Dont expect Ronnie to lose yea James did better than a lot on debut and i dont expect him to wilt i do though expect Ronnie to win fairly comfterble in the end

Postby vodkadiet1

Cahill has played well for his standard but he isn't good enough to win the match. O'Sullivan will tighten up and win 10-6.

Trump has a lot of pressure on him and has really struggled in the first round the last 2 years. I can envisage him losing.

Postby Pink Ball

O'Sullivan only has to win the session 6-4. I think that ought to be relatively straightforward. Cahill is a good player, I've always thought so, and he doesn't lack bottle. But you don't need to lack bottle to fall short against someone as good as O'Sullivan at the Crucible.