Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby marktko

That's as bad as I've seen O'Sullivan play all season - yet still only 1 behind. Didn't do much wrong in first 4 frames but was 2-2 and after that was the all too familiar look of him not wanting to be there.

He is more prone to a 'bad day at the office' at the crucible, maybe wants to win it too much (though he says he doesn't...)

Postby SnookerFan

marktko wrote:That's as bad as I've seen O'Sullivan play all season - yet still only 1 behind. Didn't do much wrong in first 4 frames but was 2-2 and after that was the all too familiar look of him not wanting to be there.

He is more prone to a 'bad day at the office' at the crucible, maybe wants to win it too much (though he says he doesn't...)

He'll turn it on today. 10-5 or 10-6.

Always the same thing with Ronnie.

Postby mantorok

I expect Ronnie to win, Cahill is definitely up for the job but he's had all night to dwell on the fact that he is in front and this will no doubt create a little more pressure today.

Hopefully Ronnie has had a word with himself, there were some silly shots that cost him a few frames. Cut these out and he will come through.

Postby Prop

I don’t think Steve Peters was mentioned yesterday, but maybe he’s in Corfu or something. Ron looked like he needed a bit of strength in his corner.

As for some of the comments about him being ‘a disgrace’ and ‘not even trying’ etc - I’d have a guess that a lot of those posters don’t play the game to any decent standard, and therefore don’t understand that when you’re gone you’re gone. All of your game is affected - including decision making. I’d also guess that some of them have even less understanding of mental health issues such as anxiety and manic depression (aka bipolar).

On to today - I’ve no prediction in terms of scoreline but hopefully both Ron and Cahill play their best and we enjoy a well fought game. Trump and Theppy on paper is potentially a belter.

Day 4. Game on.

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:I don’t think Steve Peters was mentioned yesterday, but maybe he’s in Corfu or something. Ron looked like he needed a bit of strength in his corner.

As for some of the comments about him being ‘a disgrace’ and ‘not even trying’ etc - I’d have a guess that a lot of those posters don’t play the game to any decent standard, and therefore don’t understand that when you’re gone you’re gone. All of your game is affected - including decision making. I’d also guess that some of them have even less understanding of mental health issues such as anxiety and manic depression (aka bipolar).

On to today - I’ve no prediction in terms of scoreline but hopefully both Ron and Cahill play their best and we enjoy a well fought game. Trump and Theppy on paper is potentially a belter.

Day 4. Game on.

Prop dropping science.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Prop wrote:As for some of the comments about him being ‘a disgrace’ and ‘not even trying’ etc - I’d have a guess that a lot of those posters don’t play the game to any decent standard, and therefore don’t understand that when you’re gone you’re gone. All of your game is affected - including decision making. I’d also guess that some of them have even less understanding of mental health issues such as anxiety and manic depression (aka bipolar). .

:goodpost: :hatoff: One of the best posts I've seen on this forum.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Prop wrote:As for some of the comments about him being ‘a disgrace’ and ‘not even trying’ etc - I’d have a guess that a lot of those posters don’t play the game to any decent standard, and therefore don’t understand that when you’re gone you’re gone. All of your game is affected - including decision making. I’d also guess that some of them have even less understanding of mental health issues such as anxiety and manic depression (aka bipolar). .

This.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Bookies, as ever with Rocket Ron, taking no chances with prohibitive odds of 1/7 on a Ronnie victory. Cahill can be got at even money to reach 8 frames. Not sure about that but Ron would need to win 6-2 for that not to happen. 10-7 or 10-8 Ronnie win for me but he needs to start well or it could be a Sheffield nightmare for Ron and his millions of fans.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:Bookies, as ever with Rocket Ron, taking no chances with prohibitive odds of 1/7 on a Ronnie victory. Cahill can be got at even money to reach 8 frames. Not sure about that but Ron would need to win 6-2 for that not to happen. 10-7 or 10-8 Ronnie win for me but he needs to start well or it could be a Sheffield nightmare for Ron and his millions of fans.

We will not forsake you Ronnie.

Postby mantorok

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

This.

+1

Postby Chalk McHugh

Prop wrote:I don’t think Steve Peters was mentioned yesterday, but maybe he’s in Corfu or something. Ron looked like he needed a bit of strength in his corner.

Day 4. Game on.

Did posters say he was a disgrace and wasn't trying? Didn't see that myself but then again idont read all posts.

Postby mantorok

Rockettim147 wrote:Should Cahill win, I say should, Maguire will beat him.

IMO the first session could dictate the outcome of this match.

Ronnie was poor yesterday, but without the silly heroic shots he would've been at least 6-3 or 7-2 up.