Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby HustleKing

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:I've come to the conclusion that Ronnie has such good seasons these days that by the time the WC comes around he simply ain't that bothered.

It shows more and more each year.

This is probably true, sadly.

He should have a bad season then.

Then the media, with the possible exception of Eurosport, will be on his back and he'll be under pressure to shut them up

Postby Badsnookerplayer

eraserhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:When I said mystify I meant I do not understand the reasons for it. I am sure Foulds and Dale make sound points, but it does seem that there is a disproportionate amount of dislike for him on here.

I genuinely do not know as it must have been around long before I was here.

It's not that good to watch. Oh another first round match that Selby struggles initially against a sub 64 ranked player. What drama :zzz:

Fine - it is because you don't like his style of play. That is a reason but why did you watch it then if you knew what to expect and you do not like it?? That is not meant to be flippant, but I don't like watching Kyren much so I can choose not to. Does not mean I dislike him as a person though.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:I've come to the conclusion that Ronnie has such good seasons these days that by the time the WC comes around he simply ain't that bothered.

It shows more and more each year.

This is probably true, sadly.

He should have a bad season then.

He should take the whole year off like in 2013.

Wouldnt work.

The surprise factor would be gone, unlike 2013 and top players would be ready for it. That only happens once in a lifetime.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:Very weird vibe here tonight. God knows I’m no saint, but there’s no sense of fun here tonight. Just stupid bickering. The island shouldn’t lose sense of what has made it great.

There has always been bickering on here.

Postby aimlesswandeer

Pink Ball wrote:Very weird vibe here tonight. God knows I’m no saint, but there’s no sense of fun here tonight. Just stupid bickering. The island shouldn’t lose sense of what has made it great.

It’s pretty much in keeping with the country as a whole, sadly,

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:When I said mystify I meant I do not understand the reasons for it. I am sure Foulds and Dale make sound points, but it does seem that there is a disproportionate amount of dislike for him on here.

It's not that good to watch. Oh another first round match that Selby struggles initially against a sub 64 ranked player. What drama :zzz:

Fine - it is because you don't like his style of play. That is a reason but why did you watch it then if you knew what to expect and you do not like it?? That is not meant to be flippant, but I don't like watching Kyren much so I can choose not to. Does not mean I dislike him as a person though.

Good point. I too happen to dislike Wilsons style of play and choose to tune out when he is playing. Same for Maguire although i watched his last 3 frames last night with my old man.

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fine - it is because you don't like his style of play. That is a reason but why did you watch it then if you knew what to expect and you do not like it?? That is not meant to be flippant, but I don't like watching Kyren much so I can choose not to. Does not mean I dislike him as a person though.

I don't like his style of play. Often times it's negative to the extreme if it's not going his way. The reason I'm watching is because it's the bucking worlds and I want to see how the favourites are playing. Did you get this upset when people where criticising Georgiou.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:

This is different

Postby Badsnookerplayer

eraserhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fine - it is because you don't like his style of play. That is a reason but why did you watch it then if you knew what to expect and you do not like it?? That is not meant to be flippant, but I don't like watching Kyren much so I can choose not to. Does not mean I dislike him as a person though.

I don't like his style of play. Often times it's negative to the extreme if it's not going his way. The reason I'm watching is because it's the bucking worlds and I want to see how the favourites are playing. Did you get this upset when people where criticising Georgiou.

Eraserhead I was not upset. Read my posts and (I hope) they come across as polite and asking a genuine question.

Your reply was uncalled for IMO.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

Maybe to watch Zhao?

There are two players in every match.

(Doubles aside before you say anything!)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

No there hasn't

I remember a lot of bickering. Used to be a lot of it, with members who are gone now. But I agree it's getting tiresome. Talking about politics often is the start of it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

No there hasn't

I remember a lot of bickering. Used to be a lot of it, with members who are gone now. But I agree it's getting tiresome. Talking about politics often is the start of it.

Sorry Holden - that was meant to be a joke.

Probably not very good.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

No there hasn't

Sorry Holden - that was meant to be a joke.

Probably not very good.

I got the joke just after I replied...

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Eraserhead I was not upset. Read my posts and (I hope) they come across as polite and asking a genuine question.

Your acting like Selby pulled off a spectacular comeback and seem bothered when people said the standard wasn't great. :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

This is different

Brexit has opened up a huge divide within the country, and that is being felt even on this forum IMO.

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:Brexit has opened up a huge divide within the country, and that is being felt even on this forum IMO.

What did Selby vote for?

(Rhetorical question. No one bucking answer)

Postby Badsnookerplayer

eraserhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Eraserhead I was not upset. Read my posts and (I hope) they come across as polite and asking a genuine question.

Your acting like Selby pulled off a spectacular comeback and seem bothered when people said the standard wasn't great. :wave:

'Acting', 'Seem'.
Re-read the posts.

Let's leave it there eh?

Postby Holden Chinaski

eraserhead wrote:

Leave SadSnoopySlayer alone man.

Postby Alex0paul

Satch4 wrote:I've noticed that Selby's safety game really hasn't been consistently tight for a while. Tonight he got away with it because of his opponent's lack of nerve but I think it's been a big problem for a while

He seems to be overthinking safety shots trying to come up with overcomplicated shots instead