Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 21st) Last 32 !!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Disappointed that Tian lost.

Turned on a fluke but life is not fair.

I expect to be banned by the morning and I understand the reasons.

I am sorry to anybody I offended and hope you enjoy the rest of tournament.

Thanks Wild, Andre and Dan-Cat for your work.

If I am allowed back I will make my best effort not to get involved with the negative stuff.

Postby Smart

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Disappointed that Tian lost.

If I am allowed back I will make my best effort not to get involved with the negative stuff.

Yep you deserve banning

Postby Vallomas

Smart wrote:

Yep you deserve banning

What happened? Didn't follow the forum since the morning, so I didn't notice anything. Source?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Smart wrote:

Yep you deserve banning

You did your job well.

You set me up and I reacted.

I hope you are very happy.

Postby HustleKing

masterdoctorgenius wrote:After Bingham in 2015, Hawkins in 2016, Ding in 2017 and Ali in 2018, Ronnie will get another opponent in the next round (given he wins his 1st round match) that he dominated in their h2h and hasnt lost since 2012. Will again come law of average into play? I hope not.But it wouldnt surprise me tbh.

Nah, Maguire will be mentally scarred from the last Crucible meeting with Ronnie, and the sense of weakness will turn Ronnie into beast mode, eager to kill off Maguire

Postby hendry_fan

[quote="GJ"][quote="hendry_fan"]GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT INNNNNNNNNNNN THERE!!!!!

WHAT A COMEBACK FROM MAGS!.

STEPHEN MAGUIRE!. :clap:

:happy:[/quote

braw stuff fae good auld Mags!.

*MAGSNIFICENT!* :happy: :happy: :happy:

Robbo did pretty good himself GJ mate,he,s got a great chance of winning this year. <ok> :-D

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:After Bingham in 2015, Hawkins in 2016, Ding in 2017 and Ali in 2018, Ronnie will get another opponent in the next round (given he wins his 1st round match) that he dominated in their h2h and hasnt lost since 2012. Will again come law of average into play? I hope not.But it wouldnt surprise me tbh.

Was thinking the same. I wouldnt be that surprised if it happens.

Postby Cloud Strife

This didn't occur to me, but you're absolutely right.

Another former bunny to suddenly turn the tables on Ronnie on the grandest stage of them all?

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:

Another former bunny to suddenly turn the tables on Ronnie on the grandest stage of them all?

No.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Didn't think of that. Damn now you just made me worry.

Postby HappyCamper

probably not. maguire isn't playing that well and was very fortunate tonight.

Postby mantorok

Cloud Strife wrote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is Maguire we're talking about after all.

Postby TheRocket

mantorok wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is Maguire we're talking about after all.

Same was said about Carter. Even if its unlikely but someone like Maguire could suddenly play well. And another thing is.

The last few matches between them have actually been close in terms of result.

Postby vodkadiet1

Maguire was lucky but Tian made a wrong shot choice when playing the colour after the last red in the 17th frame. He should have played the pink in the middle to go 30 points ahead and then he would have had position on the yellow. This would have left Maguire needing 2 snookers instead of 1 snooker.

Postby Koninkaulus

I rarely ever say things like this, but I have to agree with other posters who've said that Maguire did not deserve to win that match. Nor did Tian deserve to lose it. The luck going in one direction is one thing, but a clear (by the looks of it) refereeing mistake in an absolutely crucial moment is just gut-wrenching. Brutal.

Having said that, if he can capitalise on this, good for him. I do think even Cahill has a much better chance to beat O'Sullivan than Maguire does though. If they do meet, it wouldn't surprise me if Ronnie won with a session to spare.