Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SavoMilosevic wrote:Did you watch MJW's press conference? Very interesting...

What did he say?

https://youtu.be/Kn1DYf72zdQ

Pretty scathing towards World Snooker.

Not letting his son in is very petty from World Snooker.

I wonder what it is. Could just be some jobsworth following the two pass rules exactly. But Williams obviously thinks it's sone kind of vendetta.

Postby mick745

Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

What did he say?

Interesting, he may not be my favourite player but bad form about not letting his kid in, and some of the treatment he's been getting. He does deserve respect for his position, he's earned it.

Only thing I can think of is WS is trying to steer clear of guys who do the drinking and kebabs (like the old days) and are trying to promote a more professional sport for sponsors???

The PC world we are now in...for better or worse.

He and his missus do get carried away on twitter now and again to be fair.

Cant be good for world snooker that their world champion and wn1 are constantly sniping at you.

I do think it was petty not letting his son through. These are the stars of the sport, the assets, the reason everybody is there. In other sports the top players are treated almost like royalty. It never really seems like that in snooker.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ck147 wrote: I searched for snooker pouches earlier today (one of my earlier posts some of you probably saw) and now every time I go on Amazon guess what comes up in the Ad's, yep that's right, snooker stuff and crotchless panties...effers.

Well your search query explains the snooker stuff.............

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote: I searched for snooker pouches earlier today (one of my earlier posts some of you probably saw) and now every time I go on Amazon guess what comes up in the Ad's, yep that's right, snooker stuff and crotchless panties...effers.

I don't need an explanation for the rest....

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I don't need an explanation for the rest....

Hoping it was the missus cos it certainly wasn't me.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

What did he say?

I wonder what it is. Could just be some jobsworth following the two pass rules exactly. But Williams obviously thinks it's sone kind of vendetta.

Wow, Mark looks really emotional when he starts talking about them not letting his son in. He looks really fed up with World Snooker. The fact that they were putting him on outside tables and stuff in China tells you all you need to know. Two sides to every story, yeah right. I'm definitely on Mark's side.

Postby carayip

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

What did he say?

Wow, Mark looks really emotional when he starts talking about them not letting his son in. He looks really fed up with World Snooker. The fact that they were putting him on outside tables and stuff in China tells you all you need to know. Two sides to every story, yeah right. I'm definitely on Mark's side.

Especially considering MJW is normally laidback as they come and doesn’t care about anything

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

What did he say?

The thing is surely they wouldn’t be doing this for no reason?? If they are trrating him worse than others he must have done something. That’s not to say it isn’t extremely petty though.

I honestly wonder if the posters are just laziness and they’re the same images from last year. It would explain why Selby’s front and centre of both.

Postby Pink Ball

World Snooker need to cop themselves on. Williams is World Champion. It should be him holding the trophy on that roll of honour poster. He should be able to have his son come in to wish him luck. I didn’t take much notice of the video game thing because that’s not strictly a world championship-related thing, but I can’t remember a World Champion being treated this disrespectfully at the event itself.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:World Snooker need to cop themselves on. Williams is World Champion. It should be him holding the trophy on that roll of honour poster. He should be able to have his son come in to wish him luck. I didn’t take much notice of the video game thing because that’s not strictly a world championship-related thing, but I can’t remember a World Champion being treated this disrespectfully at the event itself.

MJW said he didn’t really care about the game either, other people noticed and he took the snake hiss about it a bit.

Postby carayip

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:World Snooker need to cop themselves on. Williams is World Champion. It should be him holding the trophy on that roll of honour poster. He should be able to have his son come in to wish him luck. I didn’t take much notice of the video game thing because that’s not strictly a world championship-related thing, but I can’t remember a World Champion being treated this disrespectfully at the event itself.

MJW said he didn’t really care about the game either, other people noticed and he took the snake hiss about it a bit.

MJW never said he didn’t care about the game. He just said before he just goes out there to enjoy himself and didn’t care if he loses every time which I think is fair enough

Postby Iranu

carayip wrote:
Iranu wrote:

MJW never said he didn’t care about the game. He just said before he just goes out there to enjoy himself and didn’t care if he loses every time which I think is fair enough

No, in his post match press conference he said, “I’m not really interested in that to be honest, it’s other people picked that up and me having a bit of a laugh and a joke really.”
https://youtu.be/Kn1DYf72zdQ about 4:20 in.

Postby carayip

Iranu wrote:
carayip wrote:
Iranu wrote:

No, in his post match press conference he said, “I’m not really interested in that to be honest, it’s other people picked that up and me having a bit of a laugh and a joke really.”
https://youtu.be/Kn1DYf72zdQ about 4:20 in.

Oh I misunderstood. I thought you said MJW doesn’t care about the game of snooker and you are talking about that video game