Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Countown!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I should have told her to stop objectifying men.

Thats the point if nobody fancied nobody the human race would ground to a Halt.

What was said on here was nothing so not sure why Boris got upset yea if things got much worst then i would say something but really it was nothing.

Boris wasn't upset. His comment was tongue in cheek.

How patronising!

Boris is more than capable of speaking for himself.

Ye gods

Even an retard intellectually disabled person could see Boris was joking with that comment.

Re: The Crucible Countdown!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:By the way, what's a countown? :chin:

my keyboard playing up wish someone said something before page 16 <laugh>

I just noticed it.

I noticed straightaway, but said nothing as I didn't want to embarrass Wildey.

Postby Holden Chinaski

About the World Championship, you know who I find very unpredictable? Mark Selby. He's been pretty bad for a while so it wouldn't surprise me to see him go out in the first round. I actually took a gamble and predicted that in the contest. But it would also not surprise me to see him win the Championship...

Postby Muppet147

Holden Chinaski wrote:About the World Championship, you know who I find very unpredictable? Mark Selby. He's been pretty bad for a while so it wouldn't surprise me to see him go out in the first round. I actually took a gamble and predicted that in the contest. But it would also not surprise me to see him win the Championship...

Talk about hedging your bets - he could go out in the first round, then again he could win it...

I would say that I hope he is humiliated by Xintong but Wild will probably ban me.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Muppet147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:About the World Championship, you know who I find very unpredictable? Mark Selby. He's been pretty bad for a while so it wouldn't surprise me to see him go out in the first round. I actually took a gamble and predicted that in the contest. But it would also not surprise me to see him win the Championship...

Talk about hedging your bets - he could go out in the first round, then again he could win it...

I would say that I hope he is humiliated by Xintong but Wild will probably ban me.

I think you have to take some risks sometimes to win the prediction contest. It could backfire as well obviously..

Postby TheRocket

With Selby you know he's vulnerable in the earlier rounds but once it gets to the semifinal stage he'll be tough to beat. Not sure what to expect with Zhao Xintong. Yeah, he's a quick scorer and good potter and stuff like that. But he's also a debutant and lacks an allround game to beat Selby. I think it needed someone like Perry or Carter to beat Selby in the 1st round.

From all the players Selby can play in the first three rounds Mark Allen is definitely the most likely one who can stop him from reaching the semis.
Last edited by TheRocket on 19 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Selby is at a low ebb, but I agree that he will be no pushover. He is probably the greatest fighter in the game and will not go meekly.

He went meekly last year. Lost 10-4 to Perry.

If Zhao can play his natural game, isn't overawed by the occasion and gets on a roll, Selby won't get much say in how he goes, meekly or otherwise.

It's certainly one of the more fascinating first round draw.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:There are more Ronnie fans on here now these days, but this used to be a very pro-Selby and anti-Ronnie forum. And these days Ronnie and his fans still get bashed just as much as any other player. But Wild doesn't seem to notice this.

That's all I'm going to say. Just my opinion. Let's just move on.

The last 3 people ive banned is Cloud Strife, Pink Ball and VODKADIET

you dont need to be a genious to work out why i banned Vodkadiet do you.

You never banned me.

Postby Koninkaulus

Cloud Strife wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:No Chinese referees at the Crucible. What a joke.

There are several excellent Chinese refs, but they insist on these same old guys, many of whom are overrated.

Sheesh, do you ever stop whining? Calling world snooker a rotten organisation just because they didn't pick any Chinese refs? <doh>

You always seem to be having a go at something or other. Honestly, have a day off.

I removed that sentence before you even quoted me. The wording was too harsh.

Lots of people criticise World Snooker here. They don't exactly have a great track record of getting everything right.

Are you going to have a go at everyone who's criticised the decision to give Scullion the final? There's a multi-page thread of people "whining" about that (for a reason).

I know why you're upset with me, but that's your own fault.

Why am I upset with you? Please enlighten me...or don't. Do as you wish.

And for the record, I am not upset with you. I have no issues with you at all. Why would I? :shrug:

If you're not, that's good. I don't think you should be.

That being the case, I don't know why you're picking on me. You only seem to notice my grumpier posts anyway.

But this is getting off-topic again and I would prefer not to drag it on this time.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Selby is at a low ebb, but I agree that he will be no pushover. He is probably the greatest fighter in the game and will not go meekly.

He went meekly last year. Lost 10-4 to Perry.

If Zhao can play his natural game, isn't overawed by the occasion and gets on a roll, Selby won't get much say in how he goes, meekly or otherwise.

It's certainly one of the more fascinating first round draw.

Fair point.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:

He went meekly last year. Lost 10-4 to Perry..

rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Koninkaulus wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:No Chinese referees at the Crucible. What a joke.

There are several excellent Chinese refs, but they insist on these same old guys, many of whom are overrated.

Sheesh, do you ever stop whining? Calling world snooker a rotten organisation just because they didn't pick any Chinese refs? <doh>

You always seem to be having a go at something or other. Honestly, have a day off.

I removed that sentence before you even quoted me. The wording was too harsh.

Lots of people criticise World Snooker here. They don't exactly have a great track record of getting everything right.

Are you going to have a go at everyone who's criticised the decision to give Scullion the final? There's a multi-page thread of people "whining" about that (for a reason).

I know why you're upset with me, but that's your own fault.

Why am I upset with you? Please enlighten me...or don't. Do as you wish.

And for the record, I am not upset with you. I have no issues with you at all. Why would I? :shrug:

If you're not, that's good. I don't think you should be.

That being the case, I don't know why you're picking on me. You only seem to notice my grumpier posts anyway.

But this is getting off-topic again and I would prefer not to drag it on this time.

Let's just agree to put any misunderstandings behind us and enjoy the snooker that is to come. <ok>

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:Who can stop Robertson from reaching the final in the top half?

No one

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Who can stop Robertson from reaching the final in the top half?

Michael Georgiou

If Georgiou plays at his peak he might win 4 frames. rofl

Postby Wildey

He looked focused in the press day today hes not playing until Monday.

Yea But look back to 2014 he hadent won anything apart from a PTC all season Mike Dunn had beaten him in the China Open even Vinnie Calabrese and Pa Ruke had beaten him. i see a lot of similarities to this season although he had played in more finals but people was saying he cant get over the line in finals etc and the hard slog of 17 days of the WC just too much for him.

Postby Muppet147

Selby has done extremely well to win three world titles. He has certainly over-achieved and I very much doubt he will trouble the engravers again.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:

He looked focused in the press day today hes not playing until Monday.

Yea But look back to 2014 he hadent won anything apart from a PTC all season Mike Dunn had beaten him in the China Open even Vinnie Calabrese and Pa Ruke had beaten him. i see a lot of similarities to this season although he had played in more finals but people was saying he cant get over the line in finals etc and the hard slog of 17 days of the WC just too much for him.

He was a UK and Masters finalist in 2013/2014.

Since 2017 though his record in the Triple Crown events has been poor. However I'd agree it wouldnt be that much of a shock if he came back to life and did well at the World Championship.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:This comment may have been subject to a mod edit
Selby is exciting and could win the World Championship

I've just watched one of the Pink Panther movies.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Selby has done extremely well to win three world titles. He has certainly over-achieved and I very much doubt he will trouble the engravers again.

Just keep going mate ive lost count how much egg you been covered with over the years

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Selby has done extremely well to win three world titles. He has certainly over-achieved and I very much doubt he will trouble the engravers again.

Just keep going mate ive lost count how much egg you been covered with over the years

I am always right.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:I had a couple of nightmares last night.

The first was that I was playing golf with Dennis Taylor and John Parrott. Scary stuff.

The second was that somebody invited me to a wedding when the snooker was on. :sad:

I wonder what adventures in Dreamland I'll have tonight.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I had a couple of nightmares last night.

The first was that I was playing golf with Dennis Taylor and John Parrott. Scary stuff.

The second was that somebody invited me to a wedding when the snooker was on. :sad:

I wonder what adventures in Dreamland I'll have tonight.

I've been keeping a journal for a couple of years where I write down my dreams. I don't often remember them, but when I do I write them down. It's crazy to read them back after a long time. Some weird stuff.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I am always right.

Now Now Now who are you trying to kid? :no:

Postby Koninkaulus

Koninkaulus' list of preferred winners of this year's World Championship, number 1 being the player I would most like to win it and so on (well, duh).

1. Martin Gould
2. Barry Hawkins
3. Li Hang
4. Tian Pengfei
5. Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
6. Ding Junhui
7. Michael Georgiou
8. James Cahill
9. Mark Selby
10. Luo Honghao
11. Zhou Yuelong
12. Zhao Xintong
13. Gary Wilson
14. David Gilbert
15. Mark Davis
16. Scott Donaldson
17. Neil Robertson
18. Graeme Dott
19. Luca Brecel
20. Joe Perry
21. Anthony McGill
22. Kyren Wilson
23. Stuart Bingham
24. John Higgins
25. Stephen Maguire
26. Allister Carter
27. Jack Lisowski
28. Shaun Murphy
29. Mark Williams
30. Ronnie O'Sullivan
31. Mark Allen
32. Judd Trump

I reserve the right to change my mind about anyone at any point.