Post a reply

Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 3 (April 16th~17th)

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 16th ~ Wednesday 17th of April at the English Institute of Sport, Sheffield

Round 3 Is the round that decides the 16 players that will go head to head with the likes of Mark Selby, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson, Ronnie O'Sullivan and defending champion Mark Williams at the Crucible.

Tian Pengfei playing in his 11th World Championship dating back to 2005 and hes never reached the crucible and only the second time hes reached this round. Last year he lost to Chris Wakelin 10-1 at this stage thanks to Matthew Stevens he wont get another meeting with Chris Wakelin this year.

Joining Tian Pengfei are others hoping to reach the crucible for the first time Luo Honghao, Daniel Wells, Michael Georgiou,Li Hang, John Astley, Eden Sharav, Joe O'Connor, Lu Ning, Scott Donaldson, Zhao Xintong, Martin O'Donnell and Amateur James Cahill who will play ex pro Michael Judge in a historic match the winner will be the first non tour player to play at the Crucible.

Will we get a spade of debutantes at the Crucible or will experience win on Judgement Day?

DRAW

3rd Round

Tian Pengfei v Matthew Stevens Tian Pengfei leads 2-1
Gary Wilson v Liang Wenbo Liang Wenbo leads 3-2
Luo Honghao v Tom Ford Ford leads 1-0
Robert Milkins v Anthony McGill McGill leads 3-0
Graeme Dott v Kurt Maflin Tied at 2-2
Li Hang v Ben Woollaston Woollaston leads 2-0
Daniel Wells v Martin Gould Gould leads 1-0
Michael Georgiou v Yan Bingtao Never played before
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ali Carter v John Astley Never played before
Eden Sharav v Zhou Yuelong Never played before
Mark Davis v Luy Haotian Tied at 1-1
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Joe O'Connor Never played before
Michael Judge v James Cahill Never played before
Lu Ning v Scott Donaldson Donaldson leads 1-0
Matthew Selt v Zhao Xintong Zhao Xintong leads 1-0
Martin O'Donnell v Joe Perry Never played before

Players in Bold appeared at the Crucible in 2018

ORDER OF PLAY

Also On

FACEBOOK and YOUTUBE

Re: Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 3 (April 16th~17

Postby Drew1404

Xintong and thep are the fan favourites and problem draws, no one will really want bingtao either. Honghao would be a great story he really is going for it but Ford will be a tough ask. Carter though is the nightmare draw for the seeds, makes an exciting prospect though. Xintong is my favourite though and i am desperate for him to finally get to the crucible and show his talents.

Postby Godot

Such an easy route for Carter when Yuan Sijun got knocked out early. If John 'Rick' Astley finishes within 4 of Carter I'll be surprised.

However it should be an exciting day because him and Bingtao are the only 2 you can say are bankers.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Godot wrote:Such an easy route for Carter when Yuan Sijun got knocked out early. If John 'Rick' Astley finishes within 4 of Carter I'll be surprised.

However it should be an exciting day because him and Bingtao are the only 2 you can say are bankers.

I think Carter would have disposed of Yuan Sijun with ease to be fair.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I was about to post that it's Judgement Day, but technically it isn't. As this is over two days, so it's probably judgement day tomorrow. Though the judgement starts today....

IT'S TWO-DAY JUDGEMENT TIME!

Definitely not Ryan’s Day though.

Postby mick745

Wilson v Liang is a very tough match to call.

I think Li Hang is an underrated player, wouldn't be surprised to see him get through.

Gould will surely beat Wells, likewise Carter beating Astley and Dott winning v Maflin.

Milkins v McGill could go close - Milkins has quite a good qualifying record.

I fancy O'Connor to shock Teppy and get to the Crucible.

bring it all on!

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Can you buy tickets for Judgement Day in advance? Or do you just turn up on the day, and pick them up.

Not asking for this year, thinking of maybe going next year.

Yes they advertise them on the world snooker website.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:I was about to post that it's Judgement Day, but technically it isn't. As this is over two days, so it's probably judgement day tomorrow. Though the judgement starts today....

IT'S TWO-DAY JUDGEMENT TIME!

Tomorrow is judgement day. Toady is preliminary hearings day.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm considering it. But it's very dependent on what tournaments are where this year. And when.

Wouldn't mind doing Preston again. Probably won't do York again. 50/50 on whether I'll do Cardiff.

I'm hoping the English Open is in Crawley again.