Post a reply

Who is attending, and when?

Postby SnookerFan

I know a few people have mentioned, but who is attending the Crucible this year? And when? What matches?

Share your stories here, Island. For us not as fortunate as yourself.

Re: Who is attending, and when?

Postby Alex0paul

Going Monday and Tuesday. On the 3rd row for all the sessions

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:Going Monday and Tuesday. On the 3rd row for all the sessions

Fairly decent seats those.

I don't really like sitting at the front row. Too close. Eye level with the side of the table.

Though The Crucible aint too bad for that.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:

I don't really like sitting at the front row. Too close. Eye level with the side of the table.

and if your really short, you get a good view of the long rest and not much else.

Edit: Sadly, due to work, I can only watch the TV (and BBC Sport website at work)

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

and if your really short, you get a good view of the long rest and not much else.

Edit: Sadly, due to work, I can only watch the TV (and BBC Sport website at work)

I have the whole fortnight off, but couldn't be fussed. You have to book them a year in advance these days. And then you're waiting for hours. You log on straight away, and it's all; "You are 3,147th in the queue". Did consider going when they re-released, but I went 10 years running. Enjoying watching on TV now, and deciding which match to watch. Go to plenty of other tournaments.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I have the whole fortnight off, but couldn't be fussed. You have to book them a year in advance these days. And then you're waiting for hours. You log on straight away, and it's all; "You are 3,147th in the queue". Did consider going when they re-released, but I went 10 years running. Enjoying watching on TV now, and deciding which match to watch. Go to plenty of other tournaments.

That's why I am not going because May is a busy time at work so I don't know that far in advance if I will be free. I guess I could chance it but the last time I went to Sheffield was 2012. I used to go every year in the late 80's/early 90's. I lost my love of the game in the late 90's then started going back in early part of this century every few years until 2012.

Postby ScottCorno

Me! Standard 2nd round Sunday, AM and middle session.
(and my annual appearance on the forum too)