Post a reply

Re: Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Watch Thread

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Tasty match that.

I actually wouldn't mind Joe winning as we need fresh English blood coming through. But I also like Teppy and he could have a great run this year. Its one of those matches where I don't care who wins. Similar to the Judge/Cahill match - that's just a great story no matter who qualifies.

Yeah I'm torn - I'm a huge Teppy fan, but a fairytale run for Joe O'Connor would be an ace story. He's got the game. Amazing that it's his first season!

I think I'd tend towards preferring Tep to win, because he's just more of an attacking player.

Would have no complaint if O'Connor makes it either though. I'd be interested to see if he'd do himself justice after the Welsh Open. I know it's a different kettle of fish, but he looked really composed winning some of his matches. (Until the Semis, where he got spanked.)

round 1 would be destined to be Higgins V O'Connor. You can just see it now having beaten Higgins twice already this season.

Postby Drew1404

wow, thepchaiya was 69 points down when oconnor missed a red. perfect chance to clear, the reds were all open, then somehow after potting one red he manages to miss a straight black off the spot, unbelievable.

sums up everything you need to know, 3-1 down.

Postby SnookerFan

Drew1404 wrote:wow, thepchaiya was 69 points down when oconnor missed a red. perfect chance to clear reds, all open, then somehow after potting one red he manages to miss a straight black off the spot, unbelievable.

sums up everything you need to know, 3-1 down.

You can't catch your breath.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Joe O'Connor 2-0 up.

I'm torn! I want the fairytale deep run for Joe. And I love Teppy.

Is this thread going to be short-lived?

I think joe has a better chance of winning a few matches at the Crucible than Thep does.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I think joe has a better chance of winning a few matches at the Crucible than Thep does.

I think you're right

Postby The_Abbott

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Higgins will be a walkover for him

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:
Vallomas wrote:Why is O'Connor the one who's sitting at the left?

Probably just got mixed up? Not that it matters much

NOTHING IN HISTORY HAS EVER BEEN THIS IMPORTANT! :grrr:

Postby Lemnas

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody watching the match? Is it a good one?

The standard of play is just average, but it is a close match. Depends on what you like.