Post a reply

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Watch Thread

Postby SnookerFan

Big Thep beat Big Bagley. :grrr:

Though Thep broke our collective hearts, he is an awesome prospect. Fast, exciting and actually pretty good. How far will he go in this tournament?

Do we want him to lose now he beat the People's Champion?

Let's Watch.

Re: Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Watch Thread

Postby HappyCamper

i think he can become the man to unite snooker's most prestigious titles, world champion and the shoot-out!

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:i think he can become the man to unite snooker's most prestigious titles, world champion and the shoot-out!

He can do.

BUT WILL HE?

Let's watch....

Postby mick745

He does have a good chance of reaching the crucible, next match v Mark Joyce on Sunday then Robertson or O'Connor on judgement day.

Postby Cloud Strife

mick745 wrote:He does have a good chance of reaching the crucible, next match v Mark Joyce on Sunday then Robertson or O'Connor on judgement day.

Robertson will see to him, unfortunately.

Postby SnookerFan

Drew1404 wrote:Aside from his break thepchaiya is playing awful right now, all over the place. So much talent but so many ridiculously bad shots

Told you. The curse of The Watch Thread.

Postby Drew1404

It just shows you that talent has to be nurtured, the other facets need to be there. You need the mental side to be strong, you need to make sure you're in the best frame of mind for a match. You look at what ronnie is doing right now with his talent, he's being so professional about everything on and off the table, maximixing his potential. Thats how it should be. But yeah, sorry for the rant it just bugs me you know

Postby SnookerFan

Drew1404 wrote:It just shows you that talent has to be nurtured, the other facets need to be there. You need the mental side to be strong, you need to make sure you're in the best frame of mind for a match. You look at what ronnie is doing right now with his talent, he's being so professional about everything on and off the table, maximixing his potential. Thats how it should be. But yeah, sorry for the rant it just bugs me you know

You could argue that it took him a work it out too.

Early on in his career, he'd often lose matches he should win.

Postby Drew1404

You're right, and I suppose we don't know what thepchaiya is doing off the table. He also admitted he gets nervous in big matches, maybe confidence is one of the biggest factors here

Postby HappyCamper

Drew1404 wrote:Wow you guys need to see the clearance thep made to make it 4 all. Amazing

Aye was good. Took the next frame as well to win the session 5-4.

Postby Vallomas

Johnathan Bagley watch thead was at its second page before the end of the first session of his match. #peopleschsmpion

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:Tasty match that.

I actually wouldn't mind Joe winning as we need fresh English blood coming through. But I also like Teppy and he could have a great run this year. Its one of those matches where I don't care who wins. Similar to the Judge/Cahill match - that's just a great story no matter who qualifies.

Postby Dan-cat

The_Abbott wrote:

I actually wouldn't mind Joe winning as we need fresh English blood coming through. But I also like Teppy and he could have a great run this year. Its one of those matches where I don't care who wins. Similar to the Judge/Cahill match - that's just a great story no matter who qualifies.

Yeah I'm torn - I'm a huge Teppy fan, but a fairytale run for Joe O'Connor would be an ace story. He's got the game. Amazing that it's his first season!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

Yeah I'm torn - I'm a huge Teppy fan, but a fairytale run for Joe O'Connor would be an ace story. He's got the game. Amazing that it's his first season!

I think I'd tend towards preferring Tep to win, because he's just more of an attacking player.

Would have no complaint if O'Connor makes it either though. I'd be interested to see if he'd do himself justice after the Welsh Open. I know it's a different kettle of fish, but he looked really composed winning some of his matches. (Until the Semis, where he got spanked.)