Post a reply

Asking permission from mods (again)

Postby SnookerFan

Last year the Watch threads got a bit out of hand. With people posting different ones all over the shop. (Which I did my fair share of, I admit.)

I know I addressed it here, and asked permission. Which Dan-Cat said it was okay.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=8512&p=607304&hilit=permission+from+mods#p607304

Can I take it as permission that I have to create one this year? Thought I would just double check. I'll promise not to create any funny jokes ones. And politely ask others don't.

If we get one going this year, and no mods mind, who do people think we should be the subject. Didn't Jonathan Bagley enter qualifiers? If so, it kind of has to be him, doesn't it? Or does anybody else have any thoughts.

Re: Asking permission from mods (again)

Postby Iranu

I have to say I don’t see the peoblem with multiple Watch threads. It’s not like it takes anything away from the actual discussion.

I do think there should be two Watch threads every year: one for the reigning champion and one decided by the Islanders.

Postby SnookerFan

The Watch Thread, as I seem to have to explain every year, is us picking a player to watch pre-tournament. One player, and that's it.

If that player wins the first qualifying match, we carry on watching them and the thread 'rolls over' to the next round. If the player loses, we then watch the player who beat him in the next round and a new thread is created. And so on and so on until the final.

Last year, I picked a slightly unpopular choice, and a few people created their own Watch Threads. Towards the end a few of us, myself included, we just making them as a joke. Wild, quite rightly, gave us a telling off and deleted a lot of threads.

Dan did agree in the earlier thread to delete any spam into The Junkyard. But, wanted to check he was still happy with this.

Postby Wildey

Watch threads are fine it adds to the tournament but if it gets silly no question the guy involved will be banned until may follow snookerfan lead and everything is fine <ok>

Postby csprince

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:Watch threads are fine it adds to the tournament but if it gets silly no question the guy involved will be banned until may follow snookerfan lead and everything is fine <ok>

+1
i suggest xing pai who"s with me

Postby TheSaviour

So give a man some kind of a promise lol. Had a palaver and once again me abandoning the scene with not much lost love. No promise, no hope, no original people. That´s how simple it just it. Just promise at least something day in, day out and you´re always good..

Otherwise we could just watch grass to grow.

How long it took to Osama Bin Laden to be chased down via satellites <doh> <doh> <doh> .

So we could once again be watching a grass to grow.

Allen´s gut now at least lol. Not alles gut, but Allen´s gut lol.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:So give a man some kind of a promise lol. Had a palaver and once again me abandoning the scene with not much lost love. No promise, no hope, no original people. That´s how simple it just it. Just promise at least something day in, day out and you´re always good..

Otherwise we could just watch grass to grow.

How long it took to Osama Bin Laden to be chased down via satellites <doh> <doh> <doh> .

So we could once again be watching a grass to grow.

Allen´s gut now at least lol. Not alles gut, but Allen´s gut lol.

What the hell are you talking about?