Post a reply

Black shirts banned for daytime sessions.

Postby vodkadiet

In a bold move Barry Hearn has unilaterally decided that players will not be permitted to wear black shirts for daytime sessions at The Crucible.

Hearn cited several reasons for his decision but it appears that the main reason is that they are not popular with audiences in China and the daytime sessions will be watched by more people in China than anywhere else. Furthermore Hearn thinks it will make the evening sessions more unique if black shirts can only be worn for one session a day.

One other theory is that he has had enough of being baited by Ronnie O'Sullivan and knowing O'Sullivan is known for wearing black shirts this is his chance to show O'Sullivan he is still in charge.

I am waiting for the day he bans pink shirts!

Re: Black shirts banned for daytime sessions.

Postby Ck147

I prefer black shirts, some players seem to play better in black. Robbo did better in black this season. Spot the difference below. When I started this it was looking good but then a couple of anomalies occurred...eff...but thought I would finish it though :)

Before I get ripped apart, I know he wore black in the last session with Ronnie in the Players but he was so far behind by the time he changed it didn't matter, no one was coming back from that. And obviously the one with Allen doesn't fit, bolx (yes, I coloured his shirt in).

Anyway, roll on the weekend, I have my Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening sorted, no guesses who...certainly not my missus :mood:

Postby vodkadiet

Ck147 wrote:I prefer black shirts, some players seem to play better in black. Robbo did better in black this season. Spot the difference below. When I started this it was looking good but then a couple of anomalies occurred...eff...but thought I would finish it though :)

Before I get ripped apart, I know he wore black in the last session with Ronnie in the Players but he was so far behind by the time he changed it didn't matter, no one was coming back from that. And obviously the one with Allen doesn't fit, bolx (yes, I coloured his shirt in).

Anyway, roll on the weekend, I have my Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening sorted, no guesses who...certainly not my missus :mood:

Good information CK.

There must be stats on the colour of players shirts and their win/loss ratio whilst wearing them. I am surprised Phil Yates hasn't got a definitive breakdown! Maybe he has? And he is just keeping it up his sleeve for a later date??!

But what colour is that sleeve?

Postby vodkadiet1

HappyCamper wrote:this morning:
gould and wilson in black.
brecel and williams in blue.
we'll see which is better.

I want someone to come out in a yellow vest!

Postby Ck147

Will Robbo wear a black shirt Sunday night to support me?!?!

Joking aside, Main point I was trying to make was do players have a favourite shirt colour that they do better in? I was going to keep track for the WC but have to go to the US next week so will miss the last week, but luckily back for the final weekend.

Vodka, would love to see a player in a flouro yellow backed waist coat, can't see them doing it though!

Postby Ck147

I used to have black briefs I did better in on a night out, more so than my yellow y-fronts with brown piping (thanks mum)....confidence thing :)

Postby vodkadiet1

Ck147 wrote:Will Robbo wear a black shirt Sunday night to support me?!?!

Joking aside, Main point I was trying to make was do players have a favourite shirt colour that they do better in? I was going to keep track for the WC but have to go to the US next week so will miss the last week, but luckily back for the final weekend.

Vodka, would love to see a player in a flouro yellow backed waist coat, can't see them doing it though!

Barry Pinches used to wear that awful 'Norwich Jockey' waistcoat. That was classless.

Don't worry CK I will keep a note of how 'The Black Shirts' perform whilst you increase your 'carbon footprint'.

Postby Ck147

wtf, whenever I post on my pc and not my crappy old tablet, 2 posts appear???

Postby Ck147

Postby Ck147

Postby Ck147

Postby Ck147