Post a reply

Re: Leo Scullion to referee the 2019 World Final

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
D4P wrote:I wouldn't be too surprised if Hearn chose Scullion primarily as a way to troll Ronnie for all of his recent comments on Ranking Points, pigsties, etc.

well if ronnie trolls he has to expect retaliation.

Don't start trouble if you don't want to find it, I guess.

Postby TheRocket

D4P wrote:I wouldn't be too surprised if Hearn chose Scullion primarily as a way to troll Ronnie for all of his recent comments on Ranking Points, pigsties, etc.

I'm pretty sure Hearn doesn't wanna see ROS having a go at Scullion and embarrassing him consistently during the matches. So he better keeps Scullion away from Ronnie.

But regardless of Ronnie and Scullions relationship. Scullion is just a very very poor ref. And its for everyone to see.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well I wish Scullion well and hope he has an incident free final.

He has been a ref a long while and suffered some tough times.

Good luck to him I say and bullocks to all you miserable chameleons.

I don't personally think he's the best man for the job, but I can't help but feel happy for him. I hope he isn't reading this thread. He's a sensitive sort, I hear. For all our moaning, he's a much bigger part of the sport than we can ever hope to be.

Postby Dan-cat

Smart wrote:I think Leo will get a lot of votes ........................he is somewhat a cult figure, and I have to say if I had a 2nd vote Leo would be getting it. :)

When he cleans balls - they are cleaned good and proper, yes sir. :D

Postby Dan-cat

TWITTER ATTACK

He clearly hasn't read this thread!

@LeoScullion

Thank you to everyone for all the fantastic messages and words of congratulation for the announcement by @WorldSnooker that I will have the honour of refereeing the final at the Crucible. #trulyhumblingresponses

Postby Erza Scarlet

I have no problems with Leo but Ronnie made a good point on Twitter today about why there isn't any female referees in big finals. I want to see female refs refereeing big finals like the BBC events and the ITV events but they want to keep recyling the trio of Jan, Brendan and Paul.

Again I like them but we females do exist and now another old man gets to referee a big final while the females as usual will get small level events that people barely know about. :roll:

It's embarassing Michaela, one female, is the only one who got to referee relevant finals and even when she retired in 2015, we still haven't seen another female referee a big final and it's been 4 years since. :|

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:Twitter attack:

https://twitter.com/ronnieo147/status/1 ... 0941330432

ROS: "Why don’t women snooker referees get to ref the big finals in snooker? @WorldSnooker they are very good refs, and should be given more major finals, and btw last nights ref was very good, he should defo be reffing major matches"

<ok>

Postby The_Abbott

That's Ronnie out of the picture then even if he gets to the final. He will be wound up by his slowness to replace the Black back on its spot.

Why can't we see more woman refs at the WC's?

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK

He clearly hasn't read this thread!

@LeoScullion

Thank you to everyone for all the fantastic messages and words of congratulation for the announcement by @WorldSnooker that I will have the honour of refereeing the final at the Crucible. #trulyhumblingresponses

Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:Doesn't Ivy still referee sometimes?

There was another ref as well. Peggy Li I think. She was even a ref during the WC last year. And the ref in the Shanghai Masters final 2017.

Havent seen much from her this season though. Or maybe I cant remember it.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Doesn't Ivy still referee sometimes?

There was another ref as well. Peggy Li I think. She was even a ref during the WC last year. And the ref in the Shanghai Masters final 2017.

Havent seen much from her this season though. Or maybe I cant remember it.

Peggy Li has reffed in all the Asian events I think, might be wrong though. Not sure about Ivy.

Postby The_Abbott

Andre147 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:The Gibraltar Open final had a female ref. I can't remember her name. I think she's Polish.

Malgorzata Kanieska

That's her name. Thanks.

Postby HappyCamper

Erza Scarlet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Btw. Ivy reffed the China Championship final 2018. Our favourite match rofl

Quick summary on the match? I haven't seen it but I've seen people laughing at this match, what happened? lol

It went to a decider and finished at about 1 in the morning.

Postby SnookerFan

Erza Scarlet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Btw. Ivy reffed the China Championship final 2018. Our favourite match rofl

Quick summary on the match? I haven't seen it but I've seen people laughing at this match, what happened? lol

It bored a lot of people. But Wild liked it so much, he threatened to ban himself.