Post a reply

Re: World Championship 2019 countdown

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:Out of the current Top 16, Luca Brecel is the only seeded player who has never won a World Championship match at the Crucible.

He's not Top 16 (or Top 64) but Gerald Greene has also never won a match at the crucible.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I’m seeing Murphy, O’Sullivan, Bingham and Gilbert

And as I continue you know they getting sweeter...

Superb

Postby mick745

The_Abbott wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Out of the current Top 16, Luca Brecel is the only seeded player who has never won a World Championship match at the Crucible.

He's not Top 16 (or Top 64) but Gerald Greene has also never won a match at the crucible.

No, nor have I!

Postby SnookerFan

I know this is a bit OCD, but I hate watching first sessions of matches if I then can't then watch the concluding session. (Consequently, I don't really like seeing the concluding session of a match I didn't start watching.)

I usually pick one table and stick to it for the entire first round to avoid any such thing.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:I know this is a bit OCD, but I hate watching first sessions of matches if I then can't then watch the concluding session. (Consequently, I don't really like seeing the concluding session of a match I didn't start watching.)

I usually pick one table and stick to it for the entire first round to avoid any such thing.

That is very weird.
Do u have tickets for the final ?

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I know this is a bit OCD, but I hate watching first sessions of matches if I then can't then watch the concluding session. (Consequently, I don't really like seeing the concluding session of a match I didn't start watching.)

That is very weird.

I don't have Crucible tickets at all. Haven't been in a couple of years.

Postby Alex0paul

Johnny Bravo wrote:

That is very weird.

If he did, he’d still just watch it in the hotel bar

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:If he did, he’d still just watch it in the hotel bar

One time I skipped a few frames in 13 years of watching snooker live, and you're having a pop? rofl

Postby chengdufan

Would be interesting to watch Houston Rocket, Gerald Green, try his hand at snooker. His specialty is 3 pointers, so he may well be good at the long shots. Probably unlikely to beat Gerard Greene though.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Aparantly Jason Mohammed has left the BBC Snooker team and his replacement is Seema Jaswel with Rob Walker doing a bit of late night highlight shows.

If only somebody had said before.

:chin:

SnookerFan wrote:Though, on the plus side apparently Seema Jaswal is doing some presenting work for the BBC. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

So, are people going to be generally Eurosporting it this year?

As I got a fancy Virgin Media box that allows me watch either match on the Red Button on TV, I'll probably stick to that more often. Eurosport seem to be only doing one table per session next week.

I wonder what exciting features the BBC will have? I'll be missing most of them if I'm on the Red Button anyway. But will probably stray onto the main channel to watch Seema a few times.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Two more days of work (including this one) then I'm off for the entire Crucible fortnight.

You lucky, lucky man.

Suffering a bit with a hangover today. Started the party a bit early last night. :emb: