Post a reply

Re: World Championship 2019 countdown

Postby The_Abbott

Uh-Nooh
Joe O'Connor
J Robertson

all in the same section. That'll be tough. Mark Joyce is a push over at the moment so has no chance, neither does Swail.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Where's the "Jonathan Bagley watch" thread? He has been drawn sith Thepchaiya.

If mods don't mind me making one, and everybody is in agreement it should be Bagley, then I'll create one.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:Current women’s World Champion Ng On Yee v former Masters champion Alan McManus.

If the two women win their matches they will have to play each other for a place at the crucible. Won't happen because it will be Perry V McManus.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm so tempted to book more time off, and attend the Crucible qualifiers. It's the one snooker thing left on my bucket list. But I have nine days off leave already booked, and literally my leave allowance only started on the 1st April.

Booking 11 or 12 days of leave before the 7th May is a lot of leave to use up early...

Postby Vallomas

Anthony Hamilton who needs desperately the 10,000 of the 1st round win, to save his top 64 status (and the season's earnings) has been drawn with James Wattana, to whom he lost in the China Open qualifiers. I hope that this time he will win.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Vallomas wrote:Where's the "Jonathan Bagley watch" thread? He has been drawn sith Thepchaiya.

If mods don't mind me making one, and everybody is in agreement it should be Bagley, then I'll create one.

Agreed, because the day after it will become the Teppy thread, and he actually as a chance to go deep...

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Agreed, because the day after it will become the Teppy thread, and he actually as a chance to go deep...

Okay. Being that you've given me permission, I'll create one.

Any complaints I can refer to you. <ok>

Postby Vallomas

HappyCamper wrote:Pretty good chance for Vafæi to qualify from his section. And become the first Iranian to do so.

Tricky 1st round draw, though, with Zhang Anda. I also fancy his chances to qualify over Gould or Greene, who will face much easier opponents in the 1st round.

Postby Drew1404

lyu haotian got a pretty decent draw, expect him to get close. Really hoping for thep, vafaei, xintong, haotian and sijun to qualify, that would make a ton of banana skins for the top 16 seeds.

Postby The_Abbott

Vallomas wrote:Anthony Hamilton who needs desperately the 10,000 of the 1st round win, to save his top 64 status (and the season's earnings) has been drawn with James Wattana, to whom he lost in the China Open qualifiers. I hope that this time he will win.

I actually don't want top up's to make the crucible. Sorry Jimmy. They aren't on the tour through merit.

Postby lhpirnie

Drew1404 wrote:lyu haotian got a pretty decent draw, expect him to get close. Really hoping for thep, vafaei, xintong, haotian and sijun to qualify, that would make a ton of banana skins for the top 16 seeds.

That would be great for the game internationally. The Chinese have had a rough time with no players in the PC and TC, none yet in the Champion of Champions and probably the Masters next season. Sponsorship and TV schedules have been affected. But Zhao and Yuan have very difficult draws.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

lhpirnie wrote:That would be great for the game internationally. The Chinese have had a rough time with no players in the PC and TC, none yet in the Champion of Champions and probably the Masters next season. Sponsorship and TV schedules have been affected. But Zhao and Yuan have very difficult draws

Is this in China? Are there problems there?

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

cricketworldcup wrote:Countdown to 2019 World Cup, Part 1: India, England biggest threats to Australia's title defence

At least you're posting about Cricket now. You're other post was about football.

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:
cricketworldcup wrote:Countdown to 2019 World Cup, Part 1: India, England biggest threats to Australia's title defence

Hey CWC, I've approved your post, but this is a snooker forum.

maybe its code for Australia (Robertson) is the main threat to England (Ronnie)

Postby SnookerFan

Oh yeah, I forgot his other post.

cricketworldcup wrote:Famous football players names include David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, and of course, Lionel Messi. From reputable, prominent, and well known footballers to the lesser known footballers of today, these are the top best professionals in this field.

rofl

That's got to be somebody on the wind-up, hasn't it?

Postby Rockettim147

The_Abbott wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Hey CWC, I've approved your post, but this is a snooker forum.

maybe its code for Australia (Robertson) is the main threat to England (Ronnie)

They can only meet in the Final, that’s if they get there