Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Only Ronnie himself to blame. Not the bloody fluke.

Giving Cahill 5 or 6 chances almost every frame is not acceptbale. I buy this theory that he comes to the Worlds not motivated because he already had a dream season.

Anyway, I will keep enjoying his title wins, hope he breaks Hendry's 36 rankers, but his Crucible days seem over. 5 World Titles is still more than most players.

This notion that Ronnie isn’t motivated at the Crucible, good season or not, is utter bullocks in my opinion.

It's not. But that's what I think. The 2014 loss, and the fact he comes here with a good season, seem to play a part.

Postby Andre147

Forza_Bajen wrote:Nah, you can not say Cahill played very well. Maybe for his level. But NOT in Ronnie's normal level.

Ronnie should have won easy 10-3 or 10-4 with all those misses. Really poor.

Yeah even Cahill didnt have to play well to beat Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

And that is why O'Sullivan will never equal the most important record of them all. When the pressure is at its most he comes up short.

7 > 5

For once we agree. Absolute joke from the so called ‘GOAT’.

You are the biggest joke

I’m not the one losing to amateur players.

Oh, so you think you could beat Cahill then?

The only reason you don't lose, is because you don't play them.

Postby Ash147

Johnny Bravo wrote:Words cannot express the dissapointment I feel.
Ronnie took a snake hiss this match. He has only himself to blame.

I am disappointed too, Johnny. This is the last time I will ever support Ronnie at the Crucible. There’s plenty of other great players out there who want to win this, so I’ll be backing some of those instead.

Postby Iranu

Souvent wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Souvent wrote:
Iranu wrote:What a win for Cahill this is.

One possible kick aside he really stepped up to the plate in these last few frames after the comeback

Uh, no.
Almost any other player would have beaten Ronnie, that's how dismal he was.
And by a more embarrassing score.

Eh? Cahill took his chance in the last frame and I think he got a kick on the red he missed in the previous frame, and potted a great black.

How exactly is that not stepping up to the plate?

Well ok, if stepping up to the plate means beating the poorest version of Ronnie, I'll grant you that.

The buck are you on about?

Many, many players have lost to a Ronnie playing worse than that.

Cahill took the chances he was given in those last two frames where many players haven’t. The way Ronnie played was irrelevant in those cases.

I’m not even talking about the rest of the match but yeah, carry on refusing to give Cahill any credit for a great last two frames.

No one can beat Ronnie but Ronnie, eh?

Postby Muppet147

Disappointing but fantastic performance from Cahill.

It looked like O'Sullivan would clear up to go 9-8 in front. Then, in the next frame, he was extremely unlucky to pot the blue and knock a red in. That left Cahill with a chance to clear up - which he did.

Cahill has a great chance of getting to the quarter final now.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Disappointing but fantastic performance from Cahill.

It looked like O'Sullivan would clear up to go 9-8 in front. Then, in the next frame, he was extremely unlucky to pot the blue and knock a red in. That left Cahill with a chance to clear up - which he did.

Maguire will destroy him. He'll do well to win 5 frames.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Giving Cahill 5 or 6 chances almost every frame is not acceptbale. I buy this theory that he comes to the Worlds not motivated because he already had a dream season.

Anyway, I will keep enjoying his title wins, hope he breaks Hendry's 36 rankers, but his Crucible days seem over. 5 World Titles is still more than most players.

This notion that Ronnie isn’t motivated at the Crucible, good season or not, is utter bullocks in my opinion.

It's not. But that's what I think. The 2014 loss, and the fact he comes here with a good season, seem to play a part.

This match was a freak, he obviously wasn’t right.

He tried in all previous years (I can’t remember 2015 that well so might be wrong on that one).

Postby Cloud Strife

Absolutely nothing redeemable about this loss whatsoever, no positives to be found anywhere. Sickening.

It hurts, but the defeat against David Gray was even worse because at least he was playing quite decent back then in that match, plus he'd not won the world championship yet at that point.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

This match was a freak, he obviously wasn’t right.

He tried in all previous years (I can’t remember 2015 that well so might be wrong on that one).

This match clearly define his career. All his World Titles mean nothing.

Postby JohnCasual

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Disappointing but fantastic performance from Cahill.

Maguire will destroy him. He'll do well to win 5 frames.

Sounds like you are desperate for the biggest underdog in wc snooker history to get thrashed. Find that quite a strange mentality but hey ho

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:anyone holding a vigil for Ron's reputation later today?

Yes, at Hyde Park in London. Anyone free tonight, please attend if you can.

And make sure you send your RSVP to Wildey via PM.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Everyone says ROS is mentally stronger these days. Watch the younger O'Sullivan who was regularly getting to the semis at the Crucible and definitely wouldnt lose to a bucking journeyman like this.

This only comes here though.

The other tournaments he's winning them left and right.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:BBC carried on with the match? Thats something new.

So what did Ronnie say?

He’s feeling lethargic, no energy in his arms or legs, hasn’t slept.

His voice was really quiet.

I still think his issue was more psychological than physical. He’s been ill before and played the game properly.