Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:I am the most insightful and best-informed poster on Snooker Island. Snooker, politics, religion, health, environment, I've got it all.

All except for an opinion on Selby's number 1 ranking status, apparently.

Postby Pink Ball

D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I am the most insightful and best-informed poster on Snooker Island. Snooker, politics, religion, health, environment, I've got it all.

It doesn't matter what one's opinion is on that topic. It's like being asked for an opinion whether or not Ronnie O'Sullivan has made the most maximum breaks. He has. Discussion over.

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:

It doesn't matter what one's opinion is on that topic. It's like being asked for an opinion whether or not Ronnie O'Sullivan has made the most maximum breaks. He has. Discussion over.

False Lead

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Classic Irish sarcasm.

Classic Irish idiocy, more like.

Mate, what the buck is your problem with the Irish? Let's go outside a minute.

You, and you alone, are my problem with the Irish.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:It doesn't matter what one's opinion is on that topic. It's like being asked for an opinion whether or not Ronnie O'Sullivan has made the most maximum breaks. He has. Discussion over.

True, except that one can have a meaningful opinion on the ranking system itself that is responsible for Selby's number 1 ranking status...

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Classic Irish sarcasm.

Classic Irish idiocy, more like.

Mate, what the buck is your problem with the Irish? Let's go outside a minute.

What the buck if your problem with me? I'm a gentleman.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

So why generalise?

I enjoy stereotyping entire races and nationalities based on the behaviour of a few individuals.

Postby Koninkaulus

I already apologised to Dan. My mistake that one.

Look, I'm Finnish. It's my natural instinct to be grumpy, but I try to be fair. Your constant tongue-in-cheekness frustrates me sometimes.

I'm also a damn perfectionist and prone to pointing out errors (factual or argumentational) when I see them. I think I've mostly raised valid points though.

I can be fun too. Just look at my hilarious joke about bestiality in the Life section.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Koninkaulus is very discerning about our posting. I hope I've passed the test.

What am I saying, of course I have.

This is the new poster whose first post was a four paragraph moan... about moaning! Delicious irony.

TROLL!

Postby Dan-cat

Koninkaulus wrote:I already apologised to Dan. My mistake that one.

Look, I'm Finnish. It's my natural instinct to be grumpy, but I try to be fair. Your constant tongue-in-cheekness frustrates me sometimes.

I'm also a damn perfectionist and prone to pointing out errors (factual or argumentational) when I see them. I think I've mostly raised valid points though.

I can be fun too. Just look at my hilarious joke about bestiality in the Life section.

Ignore the posters you are not into, and if you can’t, then are you sure this is the place for you? It’s bit like someone on twitter moaning about someone’s tweets: there is an unfollow button.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Things seem abit tense here on Snooker Island today. You can cut the atmosphere with a knife.

Ever since Ash got banned this place is falling apart!

I miss him. I hope Wild has a change of heart and allows him to come back for the WC.

Not Going to happen best he can hope for back for Q School

When's that gonna take place ?
Or better yet, it that event even televised :huh:

Postby HappyCamper

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Things seem abit tense here on Snooker Island today. You can cut the atmosphere with a knife.

Ever since Ash got banned this place is falling apart!

I miss him. I hope Wild has a change of heart and allows him to come back for the WC.

Not Going to happen best he can hope for back for Q School

When's that gonna take place ?
Or better yet, it that event even televised :huh:

Q School is in May after the Worlds. From memory it might be streamed online. Ash would just call it rubbish anyway as it doesn't have Ronnie or Judd.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:The Rocket has won four of the nine tournaments he has entered this season and reached two finals. Despite Trump's battering of him in the Masters, if he's in matrix mode, he wins

you could argue he was extreamly lucky in the decider against Selby in Ireland their first meeting in 2 years since the UK Final Selby won

Postby D4P

Wildey wrote:you could argue he was extreamly lucky in the decider against Selby in Ireland their first meeting in 2 years since the UK Final Selby won

On the bright side for Ronnie fans, the event in Ireland was not one of Ronnie's tournament wins, so getting lucky to beat Selby doesn't feel "too bad".

If the luck you're referring to was the red that Ronnie fluked while escaping the snooker, it is (of course) also true that Selby was extremely luck to fluke Ronnie into that snooker in the first place. Selby missed a pot and could have easily left Ronnie in a match-winning position, rather than in what was almost a match-losing snooker for Ronnie...

Postby Koninkaulus

Dan-cat wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:I already apologised to Dan. My mistake that one.

Ignore the posters you are not into, and if you can’t, then are you sure this is the place for you? It’s bit like someone on twitter moaning about someone’s tweets: there is an unfollow button.

I think that's a bit unfair, you classifying me as a constant moaner based on that initial post. I've posted a lot about snooker already.

And since when have disagreements not been a part of internet forums? Your funny one-liner society here is all good, but I think there's more to a snooker forum than that.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:
Wildey wrote:you could argue he was extreamly lucky in the decider against Selby in Ireland their first meeting in 2 years since the UK Final Selby won

On the bright side for Ronnie fans, the event in Ireland was not one of Ronnie's tournament wins, so getting lucky to beat Selby doesn't feel "too bad".

If the luck you're referring to was the red that Ronnie fluked while escaping the snooker, it is (of course) also true that Selby was extremely luck to fluke Ronnie into that snooker in the first place. Selby missed a pot and could have easily left Ronnie in a match-winning position, rather than in what was almost a match-losing snooker for Ronnie...

Let's not get into this again shall we :zzz:

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:
Iranu wrote:Let's not get into this again shall we :zzz:

Sorry, I wasn't here for that discussion

Ah, apologies.

To sum up that discussion: pretty much everyone except Wild agrees with you.