Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby Iranu

Koninkaulus wrote:Isn't this the time for SnookerFan to come in and shout "PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE!"?

In all seriousness, just in case it was a serious question, Selby is in this because he's fifth on the one-year list. That's how it works.

Lots of people on Twitter are "perplexed" by the same thing. Funny it's just Selby and not Williams, who's earned a lot less in tournaments he didn't win.

Just seems counterintuitive (if that's the right word).

With Williams I would guess that it's mostly because he won the Worlds less than a year ago, so people are more inclined to believe he'd make it into this tournament (despite it actually being irrelevant).

Well, that and the fact that he's more popular than Selby as you allude to.

Postby Koninkaulus

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:It wasn't too serious a question. I know how the rankings work.

I'm glad. I've come to expect the worst from people. For what it's worth, I don't think you're pathetic...There's just so much British/Irish sarcasm/humour here it occasionally does my head in.

Where you from Konin?

That's a mystery you can actually solve pretty easily...

Postby SnookerFan

Koninkaulus wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:

I'm glad. I've come to expect the worst from people. For what it's worth, I don't think you're pathetic...There's just so much British/Irish sarcasm/humour here it occasionally does my head in.

Where you from Konin?

By you answering the question?

Postby Koninkaulus

SnookerFan wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:

Where you from Konin?

By you answering the question?

I wasn't trying to be rude here. Worded badly. I just meant that I wouldn't have to say it if anyone had wondered about my username enough to google it. I thought it would be interesting but maybe it isn't. :D

In fact, I've seen people here who would know because they're from the same country, but they might not be active enough to have noticed me.
Last edited by Koninkaulus on 18 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

I did Google it and the best it could come up with was a partial translation from Swahili.

And for some reason Disney character Horace Horsecollar.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I did Google it and the best it could come up with was a partial translation from Swahili.

Konin is a Disney character. :shock:

Postby Koninkaulus

Iranu wrote:I did Google it and the best it could come up with was a partial translation from Swahili.

I guess Google results vary too much depending on your location...

It is the Finnish surname of Horace Horsecollar though. :)

Postby Koninkaulus

SnookerFan wrote:Who the hell is Horace Horsecollar?

I realise this is now seriously off-topic by the way.

He's Mickey and Goofy's friend. Yes, I like Disney (well, parts of it). Yes, I am an adult. The username is just something I've used in multiple places and has stuck with me though.

Postby Wildey

Barry Hearn said with Money Rankings its harder to keep hold of top ranking possition based on consistancy Lets not forget one thing here within that no 1 ranking Selby Holds theres 5 top ranking tournaments won

2017 China Open £85,000
2017 World Title £375,000
2017 International Championship £150,000
2018 China Open £225,000
2018 China Championship £150,000

Total £985,000

its not as if hes won nothing

2017 English Open £70,000
2017 Shanghai Masters £150,000
2017 UK Championship £170,000
2018 World GP £100,000
2018 Players Championship £125,000
2018 UK Championship £170,000
2019 Players Championship £125,000

Total £910,000

So despite Ronnie winning more events he did win a few smaller events in comparison

But apart from Ronnie nobody has won more tournaments during the current ranking window.

of course the 2017 China Open and WC Points coming off very soon.

Postby D4P

Wildey wrote:So despite Ronnie winning more events he did win a few smaller events in comparison

Not to mention that Ronnie has won multiple prestigious invitational events that don't count in the rankings

Postby Multi21

To be honest at times Selby was playing really well, his scoring was superb and safties are always one of his stronger assets. I think he simply lacked consistency so far, if he can manage that he'll be as dangerously as ever

Postby Koninkaulus

Iranu wrote:Well, that and the fact that he's more popular than Selby as you allude to.

He might be, but not by much. I think Selby's a lot more popular than those who dislike him often claim. He's got way more followers than Williams on Twitter, for example.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Michael Holt twitter attack: https://mobile.twitter.com/hitmanholt/s ... 3938147328

@hitmanholt
Replying to
@ProSnookerBlog
Don’t forget how boring he is!

He’s basically bored the rankings into falsely putting him at the top.

Nothing to do with him being an absolute machine. Nothing.
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 18 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Koninkaulus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:How is Selby in this?!

Also, number one spot could finally change hands this week. I bet that galvanises him...

Don't say that. Konin will go mental.

No point in getting worked up about every pathetic troll on a forum.

You're lucky Dan is a nice guy. Had u said that to Wildey, u'd have been banned a long time, maybe forever. <laugh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Koninkaulus wrote:
Iranu wrote:Well, that and the fact that he's more popular than Selby as you allude to.

He might be, but not by much. I think Selby's a lot more popular than those who dislike him often claim. He's got way more followers than Williams on Twitter, for example.

pmsl rofl rofl rofl

Willo is a legend u dummy.

Postby Koninkaulus

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:How is Selby in this?!

Also, number one spot could finally change hands this week. I bet that galvanises him...

Don't say that. Konin will go mental.

No point in getting worked up about every pathetic troll on a forum.

You're lucky Dan is a nice guy. Had u said that to Wildey, u'd have been banned a long time, maybe forever. <laugh>

You haven't been banished from here for all eternity, so he can't be that strict.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:My snooker and studio partner Steve said Ronnie was so otherworldly good in the Players Champs final it was like he was inside the matrix.

Same thing happened with Ayrton Senna when he was driving in Monaco in 88. He out-qualified the cheater Prost by one and a half seconds that year despite having identical cars. Then, during the race, he was ahead by almost one minute. In Monaco, that is forever.
Back then, F1 meant proper driving, no bull electronics and that IDIOTIC halo stuff. Plus they had a manual gear stick. Senna held just one hand on the steering wheel half the time.
Senna is the best driver of all time. :win:

Postby Koninkaulus

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:

pmsl rofl rofl rofl

Willo is a legend u dummy.

I never said he wasn't, idiot.

Postby Wildey

I Honetly think all selby needs is to loose the top spot in the rankings it means so much to him he has been defending it and looking over his shoulder really bad atitude but most are guilty of it