Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Final !!

Postby Erza Scarlet

Thanks for the mentions everybody!

And sorry @masterdoctorgenius but you really need to put up an avatar so you can stand out!

I have to say the feelings I felt was even bigger than some of the tournaments Ronnie has won, which sounds odd but it's such a specific achievement because he can't do it again but he can keep winning tournaments... if that makes sense, and the crowd were feeling the same. The 1000th century happening in the final frame of a big ranking event final and at a location where he won his first ever ranking event, it's like it was meant to be.

My sister went to the final so she was very lucky to witness it live, I and the rest of my family had to settle for the tv lol

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:While the stupid rubbish goes down in other threads, I'd like to make my last post of the night on a more positive note.

I am not a fan of O'Sullivan the person and I have made that clear enough on here (probably to your infinite annoyance). I would like nothing more than for him to have been spanked by Robbo tonight. But there are times when you have to show respect for a genius and tonight was one of those times.

I did not see the first session but gather Ronnie played extremely well. In the evening session Ronnie was superb and made the game look very easy. I know how hard the game is and for that, I have to take my hat off.

I thought he handled the 1000th century with the respect it deserved and he was generous in his speech at the end.

So to all the Ronnie fans - Holden, Andre, Rocket, Erza and many others - tonight I know you enjoyed watching something special that will stay with you for ever. I have had ups and downs with all of you but I am not pigheaded enough to be bitter or upset about what we saw tonight. It was a special moment.

The best man won and you deserved that sweet success for your unswerving support.

:hatoff:

Sheers mate.

Respect :hatoff:

Postby Alex0paul

D4P wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Only 15 147s in 1000 centuries seems a bit paltry

1.5% is greater than Hendry's 1.42% (i.e. 11 divided by 775).

I’m sure it is but it still seems very low. Just one of those quirks

Postby Wildey

Seriously guys its a great achievement no doubt but winning the tournament is 10 times better than the 1000 tons theres too much emphasis on centuries these days esra saying making the 1000 is better than winning is just bullocks.

he was always going to make it if it wasent today itll be another day

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Seriously guys its a great achievement no doubt but winning the tournament is 10 times better than the 1000 tons theres too much emphasis on centuries these days esra saying making the 1000 is better than winning is just bullocks.

he was always going to make it if it wasent today itll be another day

The two things are not mutually exclusive, you know. You can make centuries AND win tournaments at the same time. It's not like he sacrificed a tournament win in order to get the thousand centuries.

People win tournaments all the time, but nobody had ever got to 1000 centuries until today. It was a historic moment, so it was quite natural for people to go slightly over the top about it.

Postby Ck147

We see tournaments being won all the time, and a fair few by Ronnie. Getting 1000 centuries is a first. Won't see that again for a good few years when it's maybe Robbo but more likely Trump.

More impressive would be someone beating Robbo's 103 in a season.

Postby D4P

Ck147 wrote:More impressive would be someone beating Robbo's 103 in a season.

103 really is a huge number, when you consider that 2nd place that season was 62 and 2nd place of all time is 82.

Postby Ck147

I think we'll see someone else get 1000 before someone gets 100 in a season, glad I got my Robbo blanket to remember it by. With that, I will wrap myself in it and go to sleep...night night.

Postby Multi21

HappyCamper wrote:
Multi21 wrote:I wonder, could Ronnie take over number 1. Spot of the rankings after the world championships with a decent result there? Loads of ranking points are coming off for mark selby, baring he won't advance far into the tournament...and Ronnie has already got more points than Williams on the 2-year list...

Yes it's quite likely.

O'Sullivan is provisional no 1 for the end of season as it stands. With a leads of 73,500 and 344,275 over Williams and Selby respectively.

So maybe thats why Ronnie talks endlessly about those raaaaanking pooints <laugh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ck147 wrote:I think we'll see someone else get 1000 before someone gets 100 in a season, glad I got my Robbo blanket to remember it by. With that, I will wrap myself in it and go to sleep...night night.

If he would have played in as many tournaments as Robbo, including that Champions League stuff (and loose deliberately so he can play in all the groups), ROS could have made more than 100.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Absolutely buzzing! That atmosphere was electric!

That was my I was there moment. Thank you Ronnie! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I've woken up a bit dehydrated.

#celabratorybeer

Postby gallantrabbit

Credit where credit is due. I've always been a fan of his on table antics. AND in the end he played it well and such is his ability, he was able to produce a century on demand for his winning frame, so :clap:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:While the stupid rubbish goes down in other threads, I'd like to make my last post of the night on a more positive note...

...So to all the Ronnie fans - Holden, Andre, Rocket, Erza and many others - tonight I know you enjoyed watching something special that will stay with you for ever. I have had ups and downs with all of you but I am not pigheaded enough to be bitter or upset about what we saw tonight. It was a special moment.

The best man won and you deserved that sweet success for your unswerving support.

:hatoff:

Cheers BSP :hatoff: Good post :hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm watching the final again. Ronnie's long potting was amazing. He potted some fantastic long pots and got perfect position on the black, instead of going back to baulk like some do. Safety game was superb as well. Nice to see him play his A-game again. One of his best performances in a final. :hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm watching the final again. Ronnie's long potting was amazing. He potted some fantastic long pots and got perfect position on the black, instead of going back to baulk like some do. Safety game was superb as well. Nice to see him play his A-game again. One of his best performances in a final. :hatoff:

It’s the style with how he does it. Who else, in the history of the game, could have planned to finish like that with the 1000 century?

Style, finesse and dedication. He came here to win this week with his full team - Peters, Feeney, Hirst... and smashed the final 10-4.

I couldn’t sleep last night so watched the final again. Neil barely took part. Leave a long red sticking out - bang in it goes: unplayable. Trump would have run him closer possibly but Ronnie would have won on that form.

I do giggle when people say he’ll be damaged by results like the Masters final. If he plays his A Game he wins against anyone. Still.