@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Our guy did it! History was made today! :D :D :D

I've never seen such an atmosphere in Snooker ever! What a genius! That standing ovation was crazy!

i feel insulted not to be in the list:(

Re: Coral Players Championship Final !!

Postby Ash147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:To all my Ronnie fans! :happy: :happy: :happy:

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

I've never seen such an atmosphere in Snooker ever! What a genius! That standing ovation was crazy!

To be fair, we’d all thought you’d had a stroke when it went 7-3.

Postby SnookerFan

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Why? All you do is tourist him off.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

SnookerFan wrote:

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Even Ash made the list

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Even Ash made the list

That’s because I don’t have a cardiac episode every time Ronnie loses a frame.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Even Ash made the list

rofl

Poor MDG. He's only negative because he cares.

Postby SteveJJ

Now with the starter out of the way, we move on to the feast of the snooker season. Yes the climax of the Championship League and The Gibraltar open in the same week.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Even Ash made the list

rofl

Poor MDG. He's only negative because he cares.

tru dat

Postby Goldenballs147

Having missed Davis, Hendry and even O’Sulivan in their prime (I know that there’s an argument as to when O’Sullivan’s prime was/is but that’s a different story), this for me is one of the biggest highs I’ve ever had watching a snooker match.

When I properly got into snooker, O’Sullivan was coming off his 5th WC and had just beaten Selby in the Masters final, so watching that years WC final and seeing O’Sulivan get beaten by Selby in the way he did, and how it affected him for a long time after, was hard considering he was the reason I took such an interest. I genuinely never thought he’d ever be able to put it behind him, but watching him win two Masters titles and another two UK championships to make those records his own, beat Hendry’s century tally, beat Hendry’s maximums tally, surpass Hendry’s majors tally and now hit 1000 centuries, all since 2014, it’s just amazing.

I may have missed so much, but it’s nights like this that still make me feel blessed to be able to witness a player with such immeasurable skill.

That was more or less sublime snooker today, and I really can’t imagine anyone else winning today with such style. That all important, record breaking century in the winning frame of a ranking event final, at the age of 43? You couldn’t write it.

I’m still unconvinced as to whether or not I’ll ever get to see O’Sullivan lift the World Championship, but even if it never comes to pass, I’ll still have things like tonight to look back on, which is pretty bucking class.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TWITTER ATTACK!

@ronnieo147
Delighted to win the Players Championship tonight in Preston and buzzing to have made my 1,000th century in the final frame. Thanks to all my fans for the support. Hard luck to my fellow Aussie @nr147 a class act and an even better human

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Goldenballs147 wrote:Having missed Davis, Hendry and even O’Sulivan in their prime (I know that there’s an argument as to when O’Sullivan’s prime was/is but that’s a different story), this for me is one of the biggest highs I’ve ever had watching a snooker match.

When I properly got into snooker, O’Sullivan was coming off his 5th WC and had just beaten Selby in the Masters final, so watching that years WC final and seeing O’Sulivan get beaten by Selby in the way he did, and how it affected him for a long time after, was hard considering he was the reason I took such an interest. I genuinely never thought he’d ever be able to put it behind him, but watching him win two Masters titles and another two UK championships to make those records his own, beat Hendry’s century tally, beat Hendry’s maximums tally, surpass Hendry’s majors tally and now hit 1000 centuries, all since 2014, it’s just amazing.

I may have missed so much, but it’s nights like this that still make me feel blessed to be able to witness a player with such immeasurable skill.

That was more or less sublime snooker today, and I really can’t imagine anyone else winning today with such style. That all important, record breaking century in the winning frame of a ranking event final, at the age of 43? You couldn’t write it.

I’m still unconvinced as to whether or not I’ll ever get to see O’Sullivan lift the World Championship, but even if it never comes to pass, I’ll still have things like tonight to look back on, which is pretty bucking class.

Great post.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

@ronnieo147
Delighted to win the Players Championship tonight in Preston and buzzing to have made my 1,000th century in the final frame. Thanks to all my fans for the support. Hard luck to my fellow Aussie @nr147 a class act and an even better human

rofl bucks sake Ronnie.

Postby Ck147

Holden Chinaski wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

@ronnieo147

Nice! Like his respect for Neil, I will sleep more soundly wrapped in my Robbo blanket tonight...thinking of you Robbo xxx

Postby vodkadiet

I didn't realise that O'Sullivan was trying to get to 1000 century breaks until earlier this week. The way people talk about him I had assumed he had passed that milestone in about 2003/2004...

Well played old man!

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet wrote:I didn't realise that O'Sullivan was trying to get to 1000 century breaks until earlier this week. The way people talk about him I had assumed he had passed that milestone in about 2003/2004...

Well played old man!

+1

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:Having missed Davis, Hendry and even O’Sulivan in their prime (I know that there’s an argument as to when O’Sullivan’s prime was/is but that’s a different story), this for me is one of the biggest highs I’ve ever had watching a snooker match.

Great post.

I have the impression to see me in your post. I started watching the snooker intensely in 2014. Precisely after the 147 from ronnie at the welsh open.

Postby HustleKing

Disappointed to see Robbo lose, but he didn't play terribly by any means. I usually hate Ronnie winning, but it was very enjoyable to see how well he played in the final and the graciousness he had afterwards. I'll definitely be sad to see him retire now, but who knows when that could be!

Postby HappyCamper

Multi21 wrote:I wonder, could Ronnie take over number 1. Spot of the rankings after the world championships with a decent result there? Loads of ranking points are coming off for mark selby, baring he won't advance far into the tournament...and Ronnie has already got more points than Williams on the 2-year list...

Yes it's quite likely.

O'Sullivan is provisional no 1 for the end of season as it stands. With a leads of 73,500 and 344,275 over Williams and Selby respectively.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

he won 3 more UKs since the 2014 WC defeat. Rest spot on.

Postby Goldenballs147

Great post.

I have the impression to see me in your post. I started watching the snooker intensely in 2014. Precisely after the 147 from ronnie at the welsh open.

I was in a bar with a mate and my dad, watching the 2014 Masters final, absolutely engrossed. I’d always sort of watched snooker, like if it was on the BBC I’d have watched the highlights and extra shows while in bed at night, and it was always on the TV when I was a child cos my granda and dad were big fans, but something clicked for me that night of the Masters.

Postby Goldenballs147

he won 3 more UKs since the 2014 WC defeat. Rest spot on.

Good shout actually, forgot about the 2014 win. I stand corrected.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

While the stupid rubbish goes down in other threads, I'd like to make my last post of the night on a more positive note.

I am not a fan of O'Sullivan the person and I have made that clear enough on here (probably to your infinite annoyance). I would like nothing more than for him to have been spanked by Robbo tonight. But there are times when you have to show respect for a genius and tonight was one of those times.

I did not see the first session but gather Ronnie played extremely well. In the evening session Ronnie was superb and made the game look very easy. I know how hard the game is and for that, I have to take my hat off.

I thought he handled the 1000th century with the respect it deserved and he was generous in his speech at the end.

So to all the Ronnie fans - Holden, Andre, Rocket, Erza and many others - tonight I know you enjoyed watching something special that will stay with you for ever. I have had ups and downs with all of you but I am not pigheaded enough to be bitter or upset about what we saw tonight. It was a special moment.

The best man won and you deserved that sweet success for your unswerving support.

:hatoff:

Postby eraserhead

Absolutely buzzing! That atmosphere was electric!

That was my I was there moment. Thank you Ronnie! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Postby eraserhead

Ronnie played great all day didn't give Neil to many chances. Safety and potting won him the match. Lovely to see he didn't do his Aussie accent to the crowd. Great day. :D