Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Final !!

Postby TheRocket

Its good to see him play like this again. I know he was winning tournaments but he didnt really play to this level in most of the matches this season.

Remains to be seen if he can play this level at the Crucible. Doesnt have to do it all way through obviously. B-game might win him most of the matches but he'll need his A-game in certain moments or sessions.
Last edited by TheRocket on 10 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

TWITTER ATTACK!

Stephen Fry
@stephenfry

Ladies & Gentlemen - @ronnieo147 Ronnie O’Sullivan. Watching him play had been a privilege and a delight almost impossible to explain to those who don’t know the glorious game of snooker. Thank you Ronnie, thank you a thousand times #1000Centuries

Postby Andre147

Another piece of history made tonight!!! :D :happy: :clap: :happy:

The man is a living legend. Shame he went in off otherwise he would have finished with the highest break (he made a 141 in the last frame of their Welsh Open Final, funnily enough).

And I agree with TR, he couldn't have played much better, easily Top 5 of his best performances in Finals.

I'm gonna enjoy this one now.

:clap: :win: :D

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Its good to see him play like this again. I know he was winning tournaments but he didnt really play to this level in most of the matches this season.

Remains to be seen if he can play this level at the Crucible. Doesnt have to do it all way through obviously. B-game might win him most of the matches but he'll need his A-game in certain moments or sessions.

he's gonna need his A game in some sessions, especially if he faces someone like Trump, Selby or even Robertson.

Postby Andre147

Maybe Trump will one day surpass his centuries tally, I dont care. The man was the first to do it.

Maybe one day Robbo's 103 centuries in a season will also be beaten, but Robbo was the first.

Therefore the 2 contestants tonight were the first 2 in this incredible achievment.

Postby TheRocket

It was good Robbo was his opponent today. Robbo himself knows what it means to achieve something special in terms of century breaks. He knows that feeling. He even experienced it at the Crucible.

You could see he was really happy for ROS.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Another piece of history made tonight!!! :D :happy: :clap: :happy:

The man is a living legend. Shame he went in off otherwise he would have finished with the highest break (he made a 141 in the last frame of their Welsh Open Final, funnily enough).

And I agree with TR, he couldn't have played much better, easily Top 5 of his best performances in Finals.

I'm gonna enjoy this one now.

:clap: :win: :D

It doesn't get much better than this! What a way to get to the 1000.

Next up: Stephen Hendry's 36

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Maybe Trump will one day surpass his centuries tally, I dont care. The man was the first to do it.

Maybe one day Robbo's 103 centuries in a season will also be beaten, but Robbo was the first.

Therefore the 2 contestants tonight were the first 2 in this incredible achievment.

Lets not forget something

its not as if he plays in everything yea theres more tournaments now and more than likely Hendry would have done it before him had he had the amount of tournaments back then there is now but Ronnie misses a lot of tournaments and even missed almost a complete season once so to think hes reached that milestone is even more impressive Judd will need to play in most events to get up there he cant afford to miss events like Ronnie could.

Postby Ck147

I was most looking forward to the Robbo Trump semi, but this final beat it for me, well done Ronnie, great seeing his 1000th century. Nice interview at the end too, glad he didn't do the Aussie thing, don't think Robbo will be too disappointed with £55k in the bank.

Hopefully not a once in a lifetime thing, think Robbo could possibly reach 1000 if he stays around as long as Ronnie, and pretty sure Trump will get there.

Postby TheRocket

Well Higgins,Robertson,Ding, Selby, Trump. They are all great breakbuilders. But no doubt that Ronnie O'Sullivan is the greatest breakbuilder and a different league.

I havent seen Hendry at his absolute peak but the stats in their H2H matches show that he was probably the only player who could really match a prime ROS in the breakbuilding department and go toe to toe with him in an open scoring match.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Do some people on here remember 'Go Ronnie' who used to post on the old Ronnie forum and who sadly passed away some years ago? I wish he was still around to see Ronnie play.... He was one of Ronnie's biggest fans. RIP.

Postby TheRocket

Robertson-Selby and Williams-Trump are two of the four first round matches at the Tour Championship.

Allen and ROS still waiting for their opponents. Bingham,Wilson,Gilbert the possible opponents.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:See, witnessing Ronnie's 1000th century was alright. But, y'know, some of us saw Hendry make a 147 at The Crucible.

Did you enjoy it out there? Some noise and roar of the crowd wasnt it? Shootout atmosphere in a normal proper Snooker match.

Postby Erza Scarlet

To all my Ronnie fans! :happy: :happy: :happy:

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Our guy did it! History was made today! :D :D :D

I've never seen such an atmosphere in Snooker ever! What a genius! That standing ovation was crazy!

Postby Dan-cat

Erza Scarlet wrote:To all my Ronnie fans! :happy: :happy: :happy:

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

I've never seen such an atmosphere in Snooker ever! What a genius! That standing ovation was crazy!

Bucking YES!

Postby Ash147

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Welcome back Ezra, great to see you! Thanks for the mention. :hatoff:

Postby Johnny Bravo

I'm gutted I couldn't see the match. I was at a friend's birthday.
But I'm over the Moon that ROS made history tonight. :happy: :D :win: :bowdown:
I'll watch the final on youtube tomorrow. :-D

Postby Andre147

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Hell YEAH!!! :D

Our man did it indeed Ezra!!! :D :happy:

Postby SnookerFan

@Andre147
@Holden Chinaski
@Iranu
@Dan-cat
@TheRocket
@Ash147
@Johnny Bravo
@Chalk McHugh
@eraserhead
@Snooker Overdrive

Only one of these users was at the match today. Call yourself fans.

Postby Multi21

I wonder, could Ronnie take over number 1. Spot of the rankings after the world championships with a decent result there? Loads of ranking points are coming off for mark selby, baring he won't advance far into the tournament...and Ronnie has already got more points than Williams on the 2-year list...