Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Final !!

Postby Andy Sparky

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnies winning strike rate in finals this season will come down to 50 % if he loses today.

A misleading single stat that, because if you aren’t playing decent stuff then you don’t get to all those finals to start with! Ronnie’s game looked in good shape to me yesterday, considering the table conditions.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andy Sparky wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnies winning strike rate in finals this season will come down to 50 % if he loses today.

A misleading single stat that, because if you aren’t playing decent stuff then you don’t get to all those finals to start with! Ronnie’s game looked in good shape to me yesterday, considering the table conditions.

+1 <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

I've had it from a good source that the Aussie accent thing is a direct order from Hearn, who is currently negotiating for a new event in Australia, pitching Sydney against Perth in a bidding war. It couldn't have worked out better - two Aussies in the final of the Players Champs! Say what you like about Hearn - he's a PR wizard.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I've had it from a good source that the Aussie accent thing is a direct order from Hearn, who is currently negotiating for a new event in Australia, pitching Sydney against Perth in a bidding war. It couldn't have worked out better - two Aussies in the final of the Players Champs! Say what you like about Hearn - he's a PR wizard.

:chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Weather update from Preston.

Less rain, lots of wind.

Weather report from Spain, very sunny, 26 degrees.

Yeah, but I'm half a mile from the snooker.

So, let's face it, I got the better end of the deal.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:For a start Ronnie shouldnt begin like he did vs Judd at the Masters.

In the Welsh Open, Ronnie was 5-3 down to Robbo but won the match.

Maybe Ronnie should do that?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Less rain, lots of wind.

Weeeeeeeellllll.... that is possibly true. Very happy here though.30 people for my mum's 70th last night. I did a speech about how she taught me about being kind from an early age and how it's the most important thing. When I was young she would always set an empty place at the table in case a homeless person was in the village and needed a meal

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Less rain, lots of wind.

Weeeeeeeellllll.... that is possibly true. Very happy here though.30 people for my mum's 70th last night. I did a speech about how she taught me about being kind from an early age and how it's the most important thing. When I was young she would always set an empty place at the table in case a homeless person was in the village and needed a meal

This is really inspirational. I mean that seriously.

Postby KatherineParsons

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Less rain, lots of wind.

This is really inspirational. I mean that seriously.

Yeah, tis brilliant. We really do take too much for granted in our modern lives,I know I do. Need to remind myself of things like this more often.