Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Semi Finals !!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:I'm done believing in Neil... he's said countless time he's going to be more positive eveytime he loses a big match...

But in the end he always ends up making the same overthinking mistake. On some shots you do need to think, but most of them it's the first shot you see.

It's obvious Robbo ain't winning this.
If Trump goes on to win this event (and there are few more before the WC), I really believe he'll win the Worlds this year. He never went to the WC so full of confidence as he is now.

Postby TheRocket

You don't get that many easy chances against Trump these days. Thats the key difference to the past I'd say. Trumps safety game has improved and it seems he doesnt miss as many sitters this season.

Postby eraserhead

Johnny Bravo wrote:It's obvious Robbo ain't winning this.
If Trump goes on to win this event (and there are few more before the WC), I really believe he'll win the Worlds this year. He never went to the WC so full of confidence as he is now.

If he doesn't get to the one table setup it will be a massive disappointment for him.

Postby Johnny Bravo

eraserhead wrote:

If he doesn't get to the one table setup it will be a massive disappointment for him.

Anything apart from a win at the WC will be a massive disappointment for him.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

Depends...

He can lose in the semi or Final playing well and still lose... against an inspired Ronnie for instance.

Postby KatherineParsons

TheRocket wrote:You don't get that many easy chances against Trump these days. Thats the key difference to the past I'd say. Trumps safety game has improved and it seems he doesnt miss as many sitters this season.

Long-Head definitely a much better player these days, albeit a less exciting one.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

Depends...

He can lose in the semi or Final playing well and still lose... against an inspired Ronnie for instance.

Based on current form, ROS is no match for Judd.
He needs to stop with his stupid "play for fun" stuff and train his ass of. He played his best snooker last season at the EO cause he trained hard during the summer. He's barely trained after winning the UK.

Postby Ck147

Robbo is generally good after the break and coming back from behind, but trump is playing very well so will take a lot to beat him

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:Robbo is generally good after the break and coming back from behind, but trump is playing very well so will take a lot to beat him

He always has been better when he has deficits in a match.

When he gets in front he starts getting negative which is silly. Trying to protect a lead is the worst thing you can do do.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:What a shot from trump, can he steal this frame?

It would be huge, but odds against right now

Yep, with the red on the side

Postby Johnny Bravo

I was thinking about this for a few days now: given that Trump is still very young, and given there are so many tourneys nowadays, does anybody think he can go on to win more rankers than ROS will have (I'm assuming ROS will surpass Hendry's tally) ?
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 08 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.