Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:ROS won six of the last eight matches against Higgins.

Not too bad for somebody who "poops himself against Higgins", "can't beat John in ranking events" or "shows him too much respect".

Since 2017 the tables have turned.

In the 90's it was a 50/50 match. In the early 00's ROS was dominating. From the mid 00's on Higgins had the upper hand for a decade.

So, in other words, two legendary players have a close head-to-head record?

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Not too bad for somebody who "poops himself against Higgins", "can't beat John in ranking events" or "shows him too much respect".

In the 90's it was a 50/50 match. In the early 00's ROS was dominating. From the mid 00's on Higgins had the upper hand for a decade.

So, in other words, two legendary players have a close head-to-head record?

Over a period of 25 years you could say so. But the point is Ronnie had a decade where he had an extremely terrible record against Higgins. It was like 11:3 for Higgins.

And that wasnt because Higgins played vintage Snooker all the time like in the Grand Prix final 2005.
But Ronnie was extremely edgy whenever he faced Higgins. I've seen all those matches so I know what I'm talking about.

Postby TheRocket

Higgins is probably the third greatest player of all time I'd say. After O'Sullivan and Hendry or Hendry and O'Sullivan. Up to you to decide who's on 1 and 2.

In terms of peak level Higgins is probably the only player as well who can match O'Sullivan and Hendry at their best.

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:I think Ronnie might be losing his mind.

Always a possibility. Then again, I think he needs to find ways to keep himself entertained and relaxed, because competitive snooker by itself doesn't do it for him...

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:Higgins is probably the third greatest player of all time I'd say. After O'Sullivan and Hendry or Hendry and O'Sullivan. Up to you to decide who's on 1 and 2.

In terms of peak level Higgins is probably the only player as well who can match O'Sullivan and Hendry at their best.

Higgins is second best for me. Hendry wasn't a good enough safety and tactical player to get 2nd place. That's why he declined so fast, although he was still quite young. He only won 1 major after the age of 27.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Higgins is probably the third greatest player of all time I'd say. After O'Sullivan and Hendry or Hendry and O'Sullivan. Up to you to decide who's on 1 and 2.

Higgins is second best for me. Hendry wasn't a good enough safety and tactical player to get 2nd place. That's why he declined so fast, although he was still quite young. He only won 1 major after the age of 27.

Here we go.

Wildey in 3,2,1....

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Here we go.

Wildey in 3,2,1....

:hmmm: :no:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Very true.

About time the table have turned then.

I also watched those matches and indeed in many of them he had a nice lead but could not convert it into a win.

One thing for sure, he won their most important match.

Postby Ck147

finished work, wine open, missus sorting the Chinese, looking forward to this one, enjoy watching both Judd and Robbo. 6-5 Robbo...maybe???