Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Trump wouldnt admit but I think he never really feels comfortable playing his pal Jack.

its never easy playing a mate

Allen hates it too.

Does Allen have any mates?

Mark Joyce's mum.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: Does Allen have any mates?

Supposedly Maguire and Murphy, though I'm guessing the 3 of them never hang out together...

Maguire definitely goes out on the lash with a few other players

not with Murphy though. thats for sure.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: Does Allen have any mates?

Supposedly Maguire and Murphy, though I'm guessing the 3 of them never hang out together...

Maguire definitely goes out on the lash with a few other players

not with Murphy though. thats for sure.

<ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCaptain147/status/1099706772376424448

Ali Carter
@TheCaptain147
Phil studd worst commenter going, never picked up a cue in his life only a microphone

Ali obviously doesn't watch BBC tournaments (I don't think Studd's particularly good but come on now.)

Yeah - that is a stupid comment really.

Postby HustleKing

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Some superb safety play in this match

I'm having extreme difficulty believing that. I'll have to watch the full match on Youtube (assuming it gets uploaded), to see this once in a lifetime experience :hmmm:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HustleKing wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Some superb safety play in this match

I'm having extreme difficulty believing that. I'll have to watch the full match on Youtube (assuming it gets uploaded), to see this once in a lifetime experience :hmmm:

Ha ha - there actually has been some very good safety.

Particularly from Jack I have to say

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Ali Carter
@TheCaptain147
Phil studd worst commenter going, never picked up a cue in his life only a microphone

Ali obviously doesn't watch BBC tournaments (I don't think Studd's particularly good but come on now.)

Ali can be an absolute prat sometimes. I dare say there are many on here who know more about the game than most professionals do without having played to any sort of standard in their entire lives.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Mark Selby currently has the most 100 breaks this season

What?

Surely it's either Robbo or Trump.

Nope

Robbo 61

Judd 61
Selby 52
Ronnie 47

Breaks Of 100 - Season 2018-2019 - Professional

Mark Selby 7
David Gilbert 6
Ryan Day 4
Judd Trump 4

Always read the question carefully Wild.

haha bloody ha

Postby TheRocket

does Carter not have a point about Studd though? I mean Studd never comments on the actual shots or actual play. When a player plays with side, or has no angle on a colour to play a split, or is too high or low on a colour to hold for the next red or whatever. Just actual Snooker knowledge. You wont hear him say those kind of things.

All he does is saying the obvious. "Player A made a great century break". "Player B should be worried and has to improve". And stuff like that.
Last edited by TheRocket on 06 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Ali Carter
@TheCaptain147

Ali can be an absolute prat sometimes. I dare say there are many on here who know more about the game than most professionals do without having played to any sort of standard in their entire lives.

not one of Ali's greatest fan and i agree he can be a prat but on this hes right Studd is worst than anyone the BBC has to offer by a trillion miles

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:does Carter not have a point about Studd though? I mean Studd never comments on the actual shots or actual play. When a player plays with side, or has no angle on a colour to play a split, or is too high or low on a colour to hold for the next red or whatever. Just actual Snooker knowledge. You wont hear him say those kind of things.

All he does is saying the obvious. "Player A made a great century break". "Player B should be worried and has to improve". And stuff like that.

To be fair, that's the point of having an announcer and a player in the box. The player can talk the technical side of the game while the announcer talks about stats etc.

But when you're sat next to players like Foulds and Angles who can do both, they'll make you look like rubbish.

He's not very good though.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd not on it tonight but will Jack hold his nerve?

Hope so, would like to see him win. Judd unlucky there not to pot the red, good chance for Jack to make it 5-2

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:does Carter not have a point about Studd though? I mean Studd never comments on the actual shots or actual play. When a player plays with side, or has no angle on a colour to play a split, or is too high or low on a colour to hold for the next red or whatever. Just actual Snooker knowledge. You wont hear him say those kind of things.

To be fair, that's the point of having an announcer and a player in the box. The player can talk the technical side of the game while the announcer talks about stats etc.

But when you're sat next to players like Foulds and Angles who can do both, they'll make you look like rubbish.

He's not very good though.

Dave Hendon though is on par to Clive Everton as main anchor in the com box as far as i know hes never played either but its chalk and cheese between him and Studd

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd not on it tonight but will Jack hold his nerve?

Hope so, would like to see him win. Judd unlucky there not to pot the red, good chance for Jack to make it 5-2

Yeah - wouldn't mind seeing Jack win.

Both great players and nice people.