Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Last 16 !!

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:3 all... Selby leads by 36 in the 7th frame, is it worrying times for Higgins' fan?

Higgins has,nt impressed me at all tbh,the 3 frames he,s won,he won with help of generous run o the ball,a lucky flick here n there,in general he,s been very very mediocre so far in this match.

Selbs knocks in a cracking *121* this time. <ok>

4-3 to Selby now.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Dan- :cat:,could you please give us a small update on how your snookers been.

Made any 30+ breaks and have you been winning most of your matches?.

:-)

Had a brilliant best of three on Friday. In the first frame my opponent Steve drubbed me 64 - 7, caught me by surprise and my game was wobbly. I pulled it together, had a 24 and a 20 in the next frame and won with the colours left on the table. Decider.... He lead all the way until the colours, I pinched it on the pink! Was very rewarding particularly how shocking I'd been in the first frame.

The previous week we had a best of 5 - I had a simple pink to win 3-1, but I wanted to play more and I knew he wouldn't play the dead frame so I hardly looked at the dolly pink and played it really hard and rattled it in the jaws of the middle bag. I'm not saying I missed it on purpose but I also didn't mind at all when it didn't go in. He took the decider but I didn't care I'd played really well.

I think in recent weeks I've had one 30+ and about 4 x 20+. I give myself a B minus. My single ball potting has been ace though, and my safety. Tight on the baulk cushion using side. I find when I push myself and try more advanced safety shots using side the table rewards me...

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:A fair analysis that HF.

He ain't out yet though

Thanx BNP. :-)

Aye,Johns never out till he,s out. :-D ,but his play today so far has been pretty chipy n eggy,ok,maybe with a bit o toast chucked in too :roll: :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Dan- :cat:,could you please give us a small update on how your snookers been.

Made any 30+ breaks and have you been winning most of your matches?.

:-)

Had a brilliant best of three on Friday. In the first frame my opponent Steve drubbed me 64 - 7, caught me by surprise and my game was wobbly. I pulled it together, had a 24 and a 20 in the next frame and won with the colours left on the table. Decider.... He lead all the way until the colours, I pinched it on the pink! Was very rewarding particularly how shocking I'd been in the first frame.

The previous week we had a best of 5 - I had a simple pink to win 3-1, but I wanted to play more and I knew he wouldn't play the dead frame so I hardly looked at the dolly pink and played it really hard and rattled it in the jaws of the middle bag. I'm not saying I missed it on purpose but I also didn't mind at all when it didn't go in. He took the decider but I didn't care I'd played really well.

I think in recent weeks I've had one 30+ and about 4 x 20+. I give myself a B minus. My single ball potting has been ace though, and my safety. Tight on the baulk cushion using side. I find when I push myself and try more advanced safety shots using side the table rewards me...

Hmmm,intresting stuff. <ok>

Your a bit,or your in fact like Ronnie,with the "but I didn't care" bit + "the dolly pink and played it really hard and rattled it in the jaws of the middle bag" bit,reminds me of the famous pink Ronnie played hard to the the middle where he lead Selby at the Worlds. :dizzy: ;-) <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:The previous week we had a best of 5 - I had a simple pink to win 3-1, but I wanted to play more and I knew he wouldn't play the dead frame so I hardly looked at the dolly pink and played it really hard and rattled it in the jaws of the middle bag. I'm not saying I missed it on purpose but I also didn't mind at all when it didn't go in. He took the decider but I didn't care I'd played really well.

Postby Dan-cat

Lolz SF.

We made it mandatory ages ago that we would always play the dead frame(s) if someone won easily. So we would always get the full 3 or 5 frames depending on the length of match we'd decided to play. A couple of time recently though he's reneged on that and run off without playing the dead frame. He had no choice this time lolz! I didn't mind losing.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Lolz SF.

We made it mandatory ages ago that we would always play the dead frame(s) if someone won easily. So we would always get the full 3 or 5 frames depending on the length of match we'd decided to play. A couple of time recently though he's reneged on that and run off without playing the dead frame. He had no choice this time lolz! I didn't mind losing.

I fuuuulllly admit,i do care,i alllllways care.

I always wanna win,no matter who i play against,if it,s in training,in a tournament,playin against my mum.

I,d even care if i were to play against you,believe me,i,d fight for every last crumb. <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:

I always wanna win,no matter who i play against,if it,s in training,in a tournament,playin against my mum.

I,d even care if i were to play against you,believe me,i,d fight for every last crumb. <laugh>

I cared enough about snooker to want to play another frame!

I'm sure we'll play one day HF :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

I cared enough about snooker to want to play another frame!

I'm sure we'll play one day HF :-D

Aye,someday when i visit the dump London,we,ll have a few frames + you can buy me the slap fry up you owe me. ;-) <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

Talkin of crumbs,Selbys gonna have to fight for every last un if he wants to beat good auld John Haggis.

As John now leads 5-4 and just needs 1 more frame to send the Jester packing.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:I'll serve you up egg and chips! :-D

Add a good few sausages,fried mushies,tatties,beans,yorkshire pud n some toast and it,s a deal. :happy: :-D

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:Virgo says "green shoots of recovery" relatively often.

I've listened to Virgo's commentary since he started and I don't recall him ever saying that. 'Where are the green shoots going?'

He definitely does.

I was considering putting it in the BBC Commentary Bingo for the Worlds but it's not quite common enough for that.

Postby Iranu

It's amazing how often players pot balls directly when they're aiming for a big pocket.

buck me I sound like Dennis.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:Virgo says "green shoots of recovery" relatively often.

I've listened to Virgo's commentary since he started and I don't recall him ever saying that. 'Where are the green shoots going?'

He definitely does.

I was considering putting it in the BBC Commentary Bingo for the Worlds but it's not quite common enough for that.

The green, green shoots of home.