Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Final !!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'll be in Preston in a few weeks.

As luck would have it, I think the Players Championship will be in Preston in a few weeks as well. I just had a thought: Maybe you should go watch some live snooker while you're there...

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'll be in Preston in a few weeks.

As luck would have it, I think the Players Championship will be in Preston in a few weeks as well. I just had a thought: Maybe you should go watch some live snooker while you're there...

What a coincidence. :shock:

Postby Chalk McHugh

As a final (i watched all bar 2 or 3 frames of 1st session) it was pretty turgid stuff littered with easy misses and poor positional play. Wildey makes a good point in regards to Robertson being a ppor front runner. Maybe thats why his final session when he won the Crucible was another hard slog (i remember watching it with my parents and we were not impressed).

I rarely feel the need to complain about a match or especially a final but this match yesterday was pretty low grade stuff. Bingham bringing it from 3-7 to 7-7 livened it up somewhat but it is not a final that will live long in a lot of peoples memory.

Robbo has some fans on here but i'm not one of them. He is part of the unholy trinity of players i like to avoid or see/hear that were beaten; Robertson, Wilson and Maguire. Cant like them all im afraid. Their playing styles and personalities are off-putting.

The Shoot Out is a madcap few days of lighthearted fun and frolics. I will watch some but not all. Dont think anyone takes it that seriously. Nice to see all the players in a more relaxed atmosphere with smiles on their faces. ' Always believe in Gold lalala ' gets a louder rendition the closer it gets to Sundays finale. A break from the snooker norm and a chance to let the hair down.

Catch you guys for Sheffield.

Postby Dan-cat

I dipped in and out throughout the day as I was hosting a birthday lunch that became quite the session. I saw that Bingo had come back from 7-3 down to 7 all so to me the little I saw seemed exciting. I remember Bingo coming back against Robbo a couple of years ago in a very similar fashion playing some very inventive shots. One in particular sticks in my mind where he deep-screwed back off the black to split the reds from the cushion, not a shot a pro would usually attempt - just one red snicked out and he was able to make a frame winning break when it looked like he would have to play safe.

Was surprised reading back this thread that it had obviously been a turgid affair.

Re the shootout - madcap fun it maybe, but because of its ranking status results could have an effect on the places for the upcoming invitational, Mags 16th place in potential danger (and he hasn't entered it)

Postby SnookerFan

Just checking out of my hotel for the last time. The girl behind the desk said it was good to see the Australian guy win, as she liked to see new faces.

I agreed out of politeness.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Out of interest, who is Robbo working with?

His brother.

Jimmy?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Now I've had the time of my life
No, I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you

rofl

Pity the matches were rubbish.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:

Tracer from Overwatch.

Are you a gamer, Danno?

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Tracer from Overwatch.

Are you a gamer, Danno?

No.. I used to be when I was a teenager. I'm aware of the main games because of my nephews. I know about Tracer and Bastion etc from that infernally catchy Tik Tok thingy.... oh god I couldn't stop listening over chrimbo, drove myself slightly mad! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4cmlhpupn0 that first girl is cute

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Robbo has always been Negative when hes in front one of the Worst front runners ive ever seen and that was very evident in the second session.

Hes much more atacked minded coming from behind

When he starts getting negative you just know he'll be in trouble, every single time.

He attacked the game at 7 each and got the rewards for it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Robbo has always been Negative when hes in front one of the Worst front runners ive ever seen and that was very evident in the second session.

Hes much more atacked minded coming from behind

When he starts getting negative you just know he'll be in trouble, every single time.

He attacked the game at 7 each and got the rewards for it.

Exactly this.

Neil needs to let his opponent worry about him, not vice versa

Postby Andre147

Neil said this post-match:

“I think I am definitely a player who is more than capable of being a multiple World Champion. I just need to play with a lot of positivity and play matches on my terms. That is probably the first match I’ve played in a long time where I have felt it wasn’t on my terms. I need to learn from that straight away and not let it happen again. You look at the World Championship winners in the last few years they have all won it playing their game. I need to develop my style better to make it more threatening for the 17 days of the World Championship.”

This is what we are talking about. Sadly, he's said this many times in the past before and not done or done very little to change it, so I don't believe him anymore. But he's right, the only way he'll win at Sheffield again is if he plays attacking snooker and not get bogged down.

Postby vodkadiet

Neither Robbo or Bingo covered themselves in glory yesterday. They saved their worst for last.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Neil said this post-match:

“I think I am definitely a player who is more than capable of being a multiple World Champion. I just need to play with a lot of positivity and play matches on my terms. That is probably the first match I’ve played in a long time where I have felt it wasn’t on my terms. I need to learn from that straight away and not let it happen again. You look at the World Championship winners in the last few years they have all won it playing their game. I need to develop my style better to make it more threatening for the 17 days of the World Championship.”

This is what we are talking about. Sadly, he's said this many times in the past before and not done or done very little to change it, so I don't believe him anymore. But he's right, the only way he'll win at Sheffield again is if he plays attacking snooker and not get bogged down.

Agreed. He knows this and yet still goes negative and slow

Postby vodkadiet

Robbo said he wanted his shot time to be 21 seconds, yet yesterday it went up to 25.8 seconds.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Neither Robbo or Bingo covered themselves in glory yesterday. They saved their worst for last.

Just when they thought they chance had passed, they go and saved the worst to last...

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Neil said this post-match:

That depends on who you play though. If he plays Selby, he may have to get bogged down.

I know what Robertson's saying, he has to play to his strengths. But maybe the problem with not winning The Crucible more than once is because he has to play players who can take advantage of said weakness.