Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Semi-Finals !!!

Postby Drew1404

I'm a bit disappointed I really wanted to see a good match, I think being new to this situation is so difficult, people tuning in and seeing him for the first time are probably thinking, gee this blokes a bit rubbish. That must be an awful feeling as a player

Postby tsurani

Cloud Strife wrote:I said these semi-finals would turn out this way last night. I was labelled a grump, but I've been proven correct.

Single table semi's when it comes to the point where real money is on the line changes things very much. Anyone not to go with experienced winners in that situation is a bit mad really.
I love to see an underdog win through but the chances of Joe or Hossein winning today were small.
Last edited by tsurani on 16 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Drew1404 wrote:I'm a bit disappointed I really wanted to see a good match, I think being new to this situation is so difficult, people tuning in and seeing him for the first time are probably thinking, gee this blokes a bit rubbish. That must be an awful feeling as a player

Anybody who has played the game will understand what he is suffering at the moment.

I think we will see him again.

Robertson is in vicious form as well.

Postby Drew1404

But this is the difference between the top players, they turn up with a winning mindset and don't miss easy balls, to succeed in snooker you need to be strong mentally and that is something that's difficult to teach

Postby Drew1404

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Drew1404 wrote:I'm a bit disappointed I really wanted to see a good match, I think being new to this situation is so difficult, people tuning in and seeing him for the first time are probably thinking, gee this blokes a bit rubbish. That must be an awful feeling as a player

Anybody who has played the game will understand what he is suffering at the moment.

I think we will see him again.

Robertson is in vicious form as well.

Yeah, he said he doesn't care if he loses but this will hurt him, he hasn't done anything in this match. I'm desperate for the new players coming through to have their chance but the way the game is and the longevity there is it means the top guys in their 30s and 40s will rule the roost for a while

Postby Andre147

tsurani wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I said these semi-finals would turn out this way last night. I was labelled a grump, but I've been proven correct.

Single table semi's when it comes to the point where real money is on the line changes things very much. Anyone not to go with experienced winners in that situation is a bit mad really.
I love to see an underdog win through but the chances of Joe or Hossein winning today were small.

They were, but take nothing away from them reaching the semis, especially O'Connor who has established his name and I hope is one for the future and not disappear like others before him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie makes a good point about not being able to play your best game when your opponent is not missing.

The pressure on every pot is hugely magnified.
Also, you are desperate to get of the zero frames which further adds to the pressure.

Postby tsurani

Andre147 wrote:
tsurani wrote:

They were, but take nothing away from them reaching the semis, especially O'Connor who has established his name and I hope is one for the future and not disappear like others before him.

I really hope to see them both kick on from here, the more top players the better.

Postby Andre147

tsurani wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
tsurani wrote:

I really hope to see them both kick on from here, the more top players the better.

I see you joined last year but havent posted since...

welcome, you'll like it here I'm sure.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Also, you are desperate to get of the zero frames which further adds to the pressure.

I've always said that you never really settle into a match until you win your first frame...

Postby tsurani

Andre147 wrote:
tsurani wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
tsurani wrote:

I see you joined last year but havent posted since...

welcome, you'll like it here I'm sure.

Cheers

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Also, you are desperate to get of the zero frames which further adds to the pressure.

I've always said that you never really settle into a match until you win your first frame...

I bet you are a great lad away from the table.

A real character

Postby Drew1404

Hossein is only 24, his time will come, this will be a valuable experience for him, and I hope this motivates him to see what it's like it is to be at the highest level,aka Neil Robertson right now

Postby Dan-cat

D4P wrote:

Phone the you can't police get your breath.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Drew1404 wrote:Hossein is only 24, his time will come, this will be a valuable experience for him, and I hope this motivates him to see what it's like it is to be at the highest level,aka Neil Robertson right now

If he is made of the right stuff, he will be back

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:I will attack, and you don't want that..

I was thinking of using your lyrics. Are they copy written, by any chance...?